As I said in my review of the Classic, I came from the passport and before that, the z30 and z10. What I have discovered in the couple of days using the Classic as my daily driver is the device has taken me back to a simpler time when I used my BlackBerry for what is was designed for, a communications device and most important, a phone.

I still say my favorite model was the 7100i which I traveled around the world working in the auto industry and it never let me down. The Classics forum factor and solid feel just made me feel like I have my old trusty BlackBerry back.

Now I don't play music or watch videos on my device, I use it for my emails, messaging and social media and so far, it has fit the bill quite nicely. I have seen reviews criticizing the hardware specs and so on.

As for me, I feel the device has hit the mark and has given me back a nice solid and reliable device I can depend on to deliver my emails, messages and social media notifications in a timely manner.

And if memory serves me right, that was the market the Classic was targeted for!!

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    sk8er_tor and Amy wineBerry like this.
    01-03-15 04:34 AM
    Excellent post. I cannot wait for AT&T to release the phone already. I'll be the first in line!

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-03-15 04:56 AM
    I got to finally hold a Classic yesterday and I really liked the feel of it in my hand. It reminded me of the feeling I had when I first got my Curve. Just that solid, well built feeling.

I wish I could have put it through its paces but, sadly, it was a defective unit. I always cringe whenever someone gets something that obviously shouldn't have made it past QC, even though I know it happens to every single brand of electronics.

In the case of this phone, the h and c keys wouldn't press and the z, s and space bar were only sometimes working.

On the upside, the lady who had bought it had actually bought 2, one for her partner, and that one is apparently working flawlessly. I'm glad she had that for a comparison and now we just have to wait for her new one to come in before I can play.

I mean, before I get it set up for her at work of course.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:54 AM
    I got to finally hold a Classic yesterday and I really liked the feel of it in my hand. It reminded me of the feeling I had when I first got my Curve. Just that solid, well built feeling.

I wish I could have put it through its paces but, sadly, it was a defective unit. I always cringe whenever someone gets something that obviously shouldn't have made it past QC, even though I know it happens to every single brand of electronics.

In the case of this phone, the h and c keys wouldn't press and the z, s and space bar were only sometimes working.

On the upside, the lady who had bought it had actually bought 2, one for her partner, and that one is apparently working flawlessly. I'm glad she had that for a comparison and now we just have to wait for her new one to come in before I can play.

I mean, before I get it set up for her at work of course.

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry to hear about your defective unit, I have been very fortunate that I have bought 4 passports and just traded my last passport for a Classic and haven't had any issues. I hope you're new unit comes quickly so you can experience the Classic.

01-03-15 08:00 AM
    I am sorry to hear about your defective unit, I have been very fortunate that I have bought 4 passports and just traded my last passport for a Classic and haven't had any issues. I hope you're new unit comes quickly so you can experience the Classic.

Thanks, but to be clear, the phone isn't mine. I'm IT at our office so I get to set up all of the phones to work with our email server and usually anything else anyone needs tech wise.

So far from BlackBerry I've gotten to play with several Q10s and a Passport, and I've got a Z10, but this will be the first Classic in our office. From what I've seen though it won't be the last one.

I'm still learning towards a Passport myself, but that feeling of nostalgia I got when holding the Classic has made me pause. It is a very, very nice phone.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-03-15 08:07 AM