I just want to know if it's possible at all to get Classic working on Sprint network. I've tried to switch from tmobile to Sprint today because Sprint was offering some AMAZING deals but they couldn't seem to activate my Classic nor my Passport on their network. Is anyone here using a Classic or Passport on Sprint?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 05:14 PM
    You can't. Phones have to be approved by Sprint in order to work on their network. One basic requirement is CDMA. There's no CDMA Passport, and the Verizon Classic doesn't work on Sprint.
    03-07-16 05:30 PM
    You can't. Phones have to be approved by Sprint in order to work on their network. One basic requirement is CDMA. There's no CDMA Passport, and the Verizon Classic doesn't work on Sprint.
    But Sprint told me they accept unlocked devices that take sim cards. I guess Sprint hates BlackBerry since there's no workaround for this

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 07:40 PM
    But Sprint told me they accept unlocked devices that take sim cards.
    Sales reps...they lie.
    03-07-16 07:46 PM
    Sprint is on a LTE-TDD Network and the other top two use a LTE-LDD network. The difference between the two is with LDD top end download speed is 28mbps. Which is good for texting and calling. But a TDD top end speed has bee clocked at 150+mbps. But to take advantage of the speed, you need a phone with an "advanced chip set" which is TDD. Test in China on a TDD network is clocked at 200+mbps. I follow the company very closely because I own stock in the company that I bought at $2.64 per share. Today it closed just under $4.00

Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, price per share...average $38.00 each. Sprint has moved up 37.97% from it down last month down at $2.25. So, hum, which one has more profit potential? Just food for thought.
    03-07-16 07:51 PM
    Sprint is on a LTE-TDD Network and the other top two use a LTE-LDD network. The difference between the two is with LDD top end download speed is 28mbps. Which is good for texting and calling. But a TDD top end speed has bee clocked at 150+mbps. But to take advantage of the speed, you need a phone with an "advanced chip set" which is TDD. Test in China on a TDD network is clocked at 200+mbps. I follow the company very closely because I own stock in the company that I bought at $2.64 per share. Today it closed just under $4.00

Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, price per share...average $38.00 each. Sprint has moved up 37.97% from it down last month down at $2.25. So, hum, which one has more profit potential? Just food for thought.
    So in other words Sprint is better than the other carriers?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 10:06 PM
    The difference between the two is with LDD top end download speed is 28mbps. Which is good for texting and calling. But a TDD top end speed has bee clocked at 150+mbps.
    Huh?

Lte speeds dropped drastically over last year. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Those are speeds on TMO's FDD network, and I'm pretty sure they are non carrier aggregation speeds. But here are mine, definitely not a result of carrier aggregation:

Classic on Sprint?-img_20160101_153402.png
    03-08-16 12:03 AM
    Raino I know you know this stuff. Any chance BlackBerry will bring out CDMA Passport that would meet Sprint's specs?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 07:06 AM
    No chance unless it meets Sprints frequency requirements in which BlackBerry passed on the previous. They didn't want to do it.
    03-11-16 08:48 AM
    Any chance BlackBerry will bring out CDMA Passport that would meet Sprint's specs?
    This late I would say highly unlikely. Sprint would have to place a purchase order big enough to make it worth BlackBerry doing a production run.
    03-11-16 09:19 AM