Still wondering about the Porsche design specs... Why is it higher? Why would they make the Porsche different now all of a sudden?
    08-12-14 11:58 PM
    Was expecting minimum 3gb of ram and a faster processor than Q10.
    Mr4aces and anon(4295315) like this.
    08-13-14 12:13 AM
    Still wondering about the Porsche design specs... Why is it higher? Why would they make the Porsche different now all of a sudden?
    Maybe because it's triple the price. I think the Porsche designed Z10 has 64GB of internal memory.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-13-14 12:16 AM
    Magnus, do you find the q10 sluggish that it needs a faster CPU or that it requires more ram. I haven't heard many if any say they experienced a out of memory error.. Bb10 os doesn't appear to need it...
    08-13-14 12:17 AM
    I don't really get the people who put "enterprise" will buy this. The only enterprises that buy 99xx is because they are on legacy bes and the 99xx is the only option. If the q10 didn't sell in enterprise, the classic won't just due to the toolbar. Qwerty does not = enterprise

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:40 AM
    Maybe because it's triple the price. I think the Porsche designed Z10 has 64GB of internal memory.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Exactly, the only difference is usually just the internal storage. Every Porsche design has been the same internal specs otherwise. You're paying more for the name and new snazzy exterior...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-13-14 01:15 AM
    What is more important is if 10,3,1 is bbos7 efficient like on bb10 classic ie hit call button in a txt or bbm window etc.

Specs of a q10 is good enough for a non media centered phone like the classic q20.... Get the z30 or passport if you want a quad ore ram up the wazoo.. I don't have more then 2 things running and have never watched a movie or played a video game on the q10 and that pretty much the same for everyone I know... That's what tablets are for...or video game systems...

It will come down to price... And how much the optimize 10.3.1 to work the classic key features ie customize buttons options, proper use of the call buttons through all the call screen, bbm, txt, emails and contacts, how well the trackpad works for selecting txt etc.

This isn't a all out screamer of tech spec and ram but all about efficiency of messaging. and calls
    exactly

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-13-14 01:22 AM
    No replaceable battery and same internals as my Q10.

It is almost a step backwards, and I will just be sticking with my Q10 for the foreseeable future.

The whole "end call" argument is not that big a deal to me. I already end calls by putting the phone back into the holster.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-13-14 01:30 AM
    if i had a q10 maybe i would stick with that but i don't so classic it is. the belt is what ive been waiting for so. for me the call end button is a big thing, the specs however not so much. i havent heard anyone say they didn't like there q10 cuz it run crappy so im sure the classic will be fine
    i agree with the removable batt thing i would have liked that

08-13-14 01:40 AM
    The only thing that matters is that the OS be stable, fast, simple, and effective. As for ergonomy, I like all the new BlackBerries: fullscreens, keyboard versions and the phablet. What is frustrating is I want all 3 designs.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-13-14 01:40 AM
    Friel,

I think the Classic will appeal to business people because they are email and phone call powerusers. Compactness and single handed use is key to those users.

I might end up owning both a Classic and a Passport. I'm going to try to only use the Passport but if i notice i miss my z10's single handed, quick grab convenience, i might get the classic. Hard decisions ahead.

Tje Passport's wide 1:1 screen is what i want for ebooks and the web.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 01:48 AM
    Everything nowadays is all about 'specs, specs, specs'. It's irrelevant that the specs of the Q10 enable the phone to run just as good as any other phone, and faster in some respects.

People will never change, the bigger is always better attitude will always be present. It's an expectation and BlackBerry should take that into account when releasing new phones, regardless if it is needed or not.

On the bright side, now I know I don't need to upgrade and I can stick with my Q10 for a few more years. Win

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:39 AM
    like said before its a q10 with a belt.
    08-13-14 02:44 AM
    Wait for the real update on the specs...even if its Q10 specs, I am too happy and wil jump to classic...
    But hope camera atleast wil get a big upgrade....

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:51 AM
    yes occasionally when typing in a forum. words only start to come out in a sec or so.
    Magnus, do you find the q10 sluggish that it needs a faster CPU or that it requires more ram. I haven't heard many if any say they experienced a out of memory error.. Bb10 os doesn't appear to need it...
    08-13-14 02:56 AM
    Anyone mind posting the specs here?

The website won't load to me.
    08-13-14 03:05 AM
    If the Classic has a 25550mAh battery like Bla1ze said it "reportedly" has, it won't matter if it's a non-removable battery. I'm getting about 30 hours of battery life on my Z30, which I mainly use for communication. The Classic will definitely beat that with the smaller screen, assuming it's also rocking an AMOLED screen, which will be a dream come true with the dark hub coming to 10.3(.1).

I was watching "At the devil's door" yesterday and this girl was rocking a old BBOS device with a trackball. My thumb started itching when seeing the "View" and "Close" options that appeared when she missed a call. Sh** will hit the fan! Thank you JC!
    tatytu likes this.
    08-13-14 03:08 AM
    Anyone mind posting the specs here?

The website won't load to me.
    Article on CB: "it's noted to be running a 1.5 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor along with 2GB of RAM".

Bla1Ze: "2500 mAh, non-removable. Reportedly.... lol".
    tatytu likes this.
    08-13-14 03:10 AM
    2500 mah batt would be awesome. i hope the camera is auto focus like the q10 its the only thing left that could be a deal breaker for me. i would like a removable batt but ive never bought multiple batts yet so not as big a deal for me i guess

08-13-14 03:59 AM
    2500 mah batt would be awesome. i hope the camera is auto focus like the q10 its the only thing left that could be a deal breaker for me. i would like a removable batt but ive never bought multiple batts yet so not as big a deal for me i guess

I can't imagine the Classic not having minimally the same camera as the Q10. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:14 AM
    [QUOTE=Heinz Katchup;10709261. The Classic is nothing more then an attempt by BlackBerry to get its die hard BBOS user base on board with BB10.

Posted with X10 via CB10[/QUOTE]

And seemingly failing to do so by the comments in this thread to date !!!

Not sure that it will tear me away from my 3 year old 9900.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-13-14 04:19 AM
    Not bad but cheaper !
    08-13-14 04:20 AM
    Tech sites will have an easy time bashing the classic for specs that look identical to a 1 year old q10 except with a bigger battery. They should use a newer cpu that is more battery efficient.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-13-14 04:25 AM
    Tech sites will have an easy time bashing the classic for specs that look identical to a 1 year old q10 except with a bigger battery. They should use a newer cpu that is more battery efficient.

Posted via CB10
    Good point, but it a larger battery not enough to provide more juice? It can be a cost efficient choice of BlackBerry. I think the Passport will overwhelm tech sites, and the ones who matter will understand JC's move with the introduction of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:48 AM
    I've never felt my Q10 lacked horsepower so Q10 specs are certainly adequate performance wise. Sales wise, its "classic" BBRY marketing stupidity to NOT sweeten the deal to better attract existing Q10 owners by upping the specs at least a token. But, what's new at bbry?

Will an oversized Q10 with toolbelt entice 9900 users? I can say the Q20 would be MORE enticing for 99ers if it had simply retained Q10's swappable battery. For an "enterprise" device, this thing is getting to be a pretty tough sell to MY management.

Seems like they just can't bring themselves to repeat the 9900's success. They just can't bring themselves to include one valued 9900 feature without removing another valued 99 feature in exchange. Go figure.

At least we're finally getting the Q that SHOULD have been... in "classic" BBRY two years too late fashion. Gotta luvem. Lol.
    08-13-14 05:45 AM
209 12345 ...