I think he means an early "prototype" device.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I forgot that dev devices are what they give to app developers, I meant more the developers of the phone, so more of an internal testing platform. Which I guess prototype is the correct word, lol.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-24-14 04:31 PM
    Oh, I forgot that dev devices are what they give to app developers, I meant more the developers of the phone, so more of an internal testing platform. Which I guess prototype is the correct word, lol.
    Yeah I know what you meant. I guess the right terminology might just avoid some confusion is all.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-24-14 06:15 PM
    like said before its a q10 with a belt.
    Even a token upgrade in RAM or processing power would have made me feel better about paying $500+ to "upgrade" from Q10 to Classic. I really want the trackpad for precisely selecting text, but $500+ for a Q10 with tool belt is disappointing. Honestly, I can't help but think that if the Q10 had been released with a tool belt Blackberry would have benefited.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-24-14 10:28 PM
    Even a token upgrade in RAM or processing power would have made me feel better about paying $500+ to "upgrade" from Q10 to Classic. I really want the trackpad for precisely selecting text, but $500+ for a Q10 with tool belt is disappointing. Honestly, I can't help but think that if the Q10 had been released with a tool belt Blackberry would have benefited.
    Dunno if you've been following the details, but it appears the Classic may have the an update in processing power from the Q10. Larger screen, dual speakers, and larger battery are more reason to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:51 PM
    An official Blackberry trade in program for current Q10 users to upgrade to Passport would go a long way to settle the (potential) lack of spec upgrade. I would be willing to mail in my Q10 along with $100 in return for a Passport.
    08-24-14 11:31 PM
    An official Blackberry trade in program for current Q10 users to upgrade to Passport would go a long way to settle the (potential) lack of spec upgrade. I would be willing to mail in my Q10 along with $100 in return for a Passport.
    I would take that deal in a heartbeat... Then sell the Passport, buy a Classic, and save the rest of the money...

08-24-14 11:41 PM
    I would take that deal in a heartbeat... Then sell the Passport, buy a Classic, and save the rest of the money...

08-25-14 10:51 AM

Join the club. We all think this could have been done 2-3 years ago. They left the tool belt off because it would have taken to long to program the BB10 for both gesture and key board. So they took the easy way out and left the tool belt off to force the BB10 devices out. That's what happens when your under the gun by ML arrogance.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-25-14 10:56 AM

Yeah, Classic. Not sure why I typed Passport.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-25-14 03:36 PM
209 ... 789