Unless you have multiple social media accounts it would be hard for you to understand, but I will try to explain it to you.

I have 5 BBM Channels, 5 Twitter and 2 Face Book accounts.
    One of the FB accounts is MrGorilla Race which car and race related. On my 9900 if i bring up the menu hub I can "share" to: PIN, BBM Chat, BBM Channel, Social Feeds, FaceBook or Twitter. In Social Feeds I can post to BBM, Face Book and up to 5 Twitter account at the same time. You can not do this with BB10 because it does not have the same type of hub.

Up until 2 weeks ago I did not have internet because we live in the country. So I used the 9900 as my internet computer and did all my social feeds through it. The PC will still not share the same way OS7 does because Window 8 uses a mobile app for BBM on BB10. So I still use the 9900 for sharing.
    I see your point. This is software related and something BB10 can definitely add in the future. There may even be a third party app that does it now for you, though I'm not sure about the addition of BBM/Channels. I think you can present this at http://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com as feedback. It's not for sure they will see and respond to it, but if enough users agree, they will vote your request up and take note of it. One main feature for me missing from BBOS is a more full fledged BlackBerry Protect. BB10's version is lacking in more controlled backup/restore features.

I use social media, but not to the same extent and don't have multiple accounts for each platform. So my usage is different and BB10 does what I need better than BBOS for the most part. There are a few areas that are still missing like the BB Protect feature I brought up earlier. A lot of this is due to the fact that BB10 is still fairly new, whereas BBOS evolved over many many years.

So let's hope 10.3.1 shows promise there.

Camera.... BlackBerry has to do better here!!!!!!! Battery.... with my Z10 experience, I don't plan to ever buy a device with that small of a batter again. Then there are all the newer upgrades... like AC Wi-Fi, USB 3.0, Mira-cast....

But just because I want these things, that doesn't mean I really expect BlackBerry to be the one providing them. Maybe one day they will take a second shot at the consumer market...
    I agree that the camera needs an upgrade. If not in the hardware at LEAST with some software optimization. Though I don't know how much they can improve in this area.

As far as battery, the Q10 is a lot better than the Z10 since it has a 2100mAh vs 1800mAh, a smaller screen, and AMOLED tech vs. IPS. I have a gut feeling the Classic will use an IPS (better for color reproduction and viewing angles and possibly cheaper), I feel the larger battery with the screen size increase will give similar or better results than the Q10 in battery.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-19-14 02:30 PM
    I just learned that it's possible to create an ignore list on CrackBerry, so that you don't have to see the posts of people who do nothing but complain, or who otherwise
    push your buttons.
    I'd recommend that anyone check out the functionality. I'm getting started on mine right now, and am looking forward to a much more enjoyable CrackBerry experience.

It's too bad John Chen did refer to it as a flagship phone. Oh well, they also said the playbook will get BB10 afterall...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-20-14 08:32 AM
    I just learned that it's possible to create an ignore list on CrackBerry, so that you don't have to see the posts of people who do nothing but complain, or who otherwise
    push your buttons.
    I'd recommend that anyone check out the functionality. I'm getting started on mine right now, and am looking forward to a much more enjoyable CrackBerry experience.
    If Slagman5 is on your list, better put me on it also.
    08-20-14 11:36 AM
    If Slagman5 is on your list, better put me on it also.
    Likewise!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-20-14 01:18 PM
    Likewise!
    Same me 2

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and Mr4aces like this.
    08-20-14 03:14 PM
    I wouldn't use that feature because I'm not close-minded and only want to read what agrees with my point of view. It's good to read opposing points of view, keeps you in check.

phuoc, Mr4aces, Aju and 3 others like this.
    08-20-14 03:17 PM
    I wouldn't use that feature because I'm not close-minded and only want to read what agrees with my point of view. It's good to read opposing points of view, keeps you in check.

+1000. Could be argued that BBRY might have enabled "that feature" for their "market research"...??? Lol.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-20-14 03:50 PM
    ANYway, getting back a little nearer to topic, my management keeps asking about possible need for "anti-malware-security" apps at some future point. Their experience with resources heavy "security" software in the PC world drives their question. I know it's not exactly comparable but... How do i reassure them that any device purchase is adequately "future proofed"?
    08-20-14 04:25 PM
    +1000. Could be argued that BBRY might have enabled "that feature" for their "market research"...??? Lol.
    Notice how the naysayer keep their distance lately. They should put me on that list. I usually can defend my comments.
    08-20-14 06:33 PM
    Pretty much my point. If the people at BB ignored all criticisms, their phones will just get worse and worse... Praises make you feel good about yourself for the moment but does nothing to help your situation...

Mr4aces likes this.
    08-20-14 06:46 PM
    Slagman, it's not an issue of whether you disagree with me that prompted the comment., It's the overall tone of your posts. I just get depressed reading your stuff.

so crow likes this.
    08-21-14 07:32 AM
    Slagman, it's not an issue of whether you disagree with me that prompted the comment., It's the overall tone of your posts. I just get depressed reading your stuff.
    Well, I'm sorry I'm not a cheer leader...

08-21-14 10:19 PM
    So after digging through the 10.3 leak files myself, I may have found something. While the Khan (P'9983) seems like a repackaged Q10, the Classic seems to be paired with the Z3/Z30 devices in the radio files as well as graphical assets. Could we see the S4 Pro in the Classic?

mtp8960ab

manitobana
    manitobarow
    aristo
    astro
    anisio
    athos
    classicatt
    aramis
    classicvzw
    classicrow
    classicna
    astrox

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-22-14 12:18 AM
    Hmm, does anyone know if the Z3 is getting BBRY's version of Paratek Microwave's Adaptive RF antenna config? "Smart" guys i work with think the fixed batt trend might be driven by antenna considerations... just a thought. Maybe Q20's screen is in for a step up, also...??
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-22-14 08:26 AM
    So after digging through the 10.3 leak files myself, I may have found something. While the Khan (P'9983) seems like a repackaged Q10, the Classic seems to be paired with the Z3/Z30 devices in the radio files as well as graphical assets. Could we see the S4 Pro in the Classic?

mtp8960ab

manitobana
    manitobarow
    aristo
    astro
    anisio
    athos
    classicatt
    aramis
    classicvzw
    classicrow
    classicna
    astrox

Posted via CB10
    I hope so. I don't need crazy specs, but would like at least a slight bump from what I already have...
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-22-14 07:41 PM
    this news has convinced me I won't be getting a classic which is a shame as I was desperate for a non-maimed qwerty device. My q10 has horrid lag sometimes, so to hear some 2 years later the classic launches with the same primary specs as that has totally changed any purchase plan I had. I don't trust RIM on the functionality of the 3 row keyboard plan for passport, as removal of the trackpad and buttons left the q10 maimed for input. I fear the passport will be an equal test of patience on a day to day basis thanks to this insanity. So I will be using a z30 from now on. Congratulations bb, king of the qwerty device, your under par hardware has now driven me to touch devices. I never thought I'd see the day....
    08-24-14 09:49 AM
    this news has convinced me I won't be getting a classic which is a shame as I was desperate for a non-maimed qwerty device. My q10 has horrid lag sometimes, so to hear some 2 years later the classic launches with the same primary specs as that has totally changed any purchase plan I had. I don't trust RIM on the functionality of the 3 row keyboard plan for passport, as removal of the trackpad and buttons left the q10 maimed for input. I fear the passport will be an equal test of patience on a day to day basis thanks to this insanity. So I will be using a z30 from now on. Congratulations bb, king of the qwerty device, your under par hardware has now driven me to touch devices. I never thought I'd see the day....
    i wouldnt believe anything not officially released by bby. its only speculation until that happens
    08-24-14 10:03 AM
    There's other evidence that the Q20 might get somewhat better specs than Q10. Maybe. Won't know till we know. My three month love-hate Q10 experience sent me back to the 9900 for lack of tool belt, among other things, but horsepower wasn't one of those reasons, for me. Others have reported a "lag" of some sort on the Q10 but i certainly never noticed any problematic lags with my use. Maybe a software issue?
    08-24-14 10:21 AM
    Anything in the leaked is so far that points to the classic having Wireless charging or nfc?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:50 AM
    Anything in the leaked is so far that points to the classic having Wireless charging or nfc?

Posted via CB10
    ive read it will have nfc but ive seen nothing about wireless charging
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-24-14 11:04 AM
    08-24-14 11:06 AM
    Most likely that is a dev device being used on geekbench. This is not an accurate way to predict specs. The latest OS leaks point to the Classic having Z30 specs, which are slightly better than the Q10 specs. Not quite Passport specs, but at least not the same as Q10...

08-24-14 11:07 AM
    There's other evidence that the Q20 might get somewhat better specs than Q10. Maybe. Won't know till we know. My three month love-hate Q10 experience sent me back to the 9900 for lack of tool belt, among other things, but horsepower wasn't one of those reasons, for me. Others have reported a "lag" of some sort on the Q10 but i certainly never noticed any problematic lags with my use. Maybe a software issue?
    i really hope you are right. Main problems are:

1) won't wake - flick up doensn't do anything until the 3rd or 3th try
    2) on initial boot, particularly if the phone's battery died , means the phone is completely unusable while hub gets going for as long as 5 mins in some cases. It has got to this point, it never used to be this bad.
    3) android app startup - don't even go there....

the main point is that launching a phone with the same specs as a device launched some 2 years earlier is insanity. I pray the other comment, such as slagman5 's are right about specs not being best judged. You are right, its not set in stone, but at this stage i find even the thought that it may be true particularly concerning. I really hope you are right guys
    08-24-14 04:05 PM
    Most likely that is a dev device being used on geekbench. This is not an accurate way to predict specs. The latest OS leaks point to the Classic having Z30 specs, which are slightly better than the Q10 specs. Not quite Passport specs, but at least not the same as Q10...

i didn't know there are any dev devices yet, but you make a very good point. One that I will cling to
    08-24-14 04:06 PM
    i didn't know there are any dev devices yet, but you make a very good point. One that I will cling to
    I think he means an early "prototype" device.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:26 PM
209 ... 6789