Some times "good enough" really isn't "good enough".

We all know that BlackBerry is focused more toward enterprise, just not sure how much of enterprise there is left that hasn't moved on, or are about to move on........
    You may not know how many corp customers have not moved on but BlackBerry does. They are all on BES or BIS and Chen has been finding out why. Thus thw new batch of 9900s and the Classic. They are keeping 2, 3 , 4 year old phones instead of going to Bb10, Apple or Android. BlackBerry needs to keep as many of these as possible.

Still more than 50 million BlackBerry phones in use, most of them bbos

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    dbiv5445 and Mr4aces like this.
    08-13-14 09:43 PM
    most likely true that prototypes get inferior specs. see the porsche classic specs here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pu-ram-948416/

1.7ghz dual core, 3gb ram
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    08-13-14 10:15 PM
    most likely true that prototypes get inferior specs. see the porsche classic specs here:

...assuming that those are actually P9983 specs (they are from N4BB, after all).

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:18 PM
    This, this, a thousand times, this.
    From a business standpoint, ya ...

when I draw a supply/demand/price chart in my head .... the Passport is pretty much perfect in terms of making Blackberrry a viable business.
    08-13-14 10:41 PM

Exactly this. No panic, plz
    08-14-14 04:52 AM
    "outed"

Am I the only one that was flabbergasted by the use of that word?
    08-14-14 06:01 AM
    My Q5 runs just fine thank you very much. No perceptible lag and great battery life. Okay.... camera could be a little better in low light. If priced right the Classic will be fine as long as the market doesn't get too hung up on specs.

But then again, I find slide rulers to be cool.
    No insult intended. Just a reaction to a previous post equating the Q20 with the Q5. AFAIK, the similarity is in their battery configuration, not in the specs. I'm still using a 99, your Q5 would feel like a starship to me. .

60+ year old slide rule battery is still going strong. They just don't make batteries like that anymore. Lol.
    08-14-14 06:43 AM
    Best comment I've seen on this thread. Couldn't have said it better.

It's the same crap. Announce a new device with hardly any upgrade from the device it is meant to replace, give it flagship pricing and expect people to running in.

How BlackBerry expects people to "upgrade" to this from a q10 is beyond me. Add a tool belt to a phone with 3 year specs? And we all know it won't be priced like even a 2012 phone, which it should. No! Not BlackBerry

It's sad we have to get a 2012 phone going into 2015, really sad

Posted via CB10
    It's not that difficult to understand. If you want the new Blackberry, buy the passport. The classic is for those who use a bold 9900 or even a Curve ( yes in my insurance company, they use a Curve ) .

BlackBerry give you the choice, Classic if you want the tool belt, Passport if you want the next Blackberry flagship or leave.

Posted via my Q10
    08-14-14 07:33 AM
    You may not know how many corp customers have not moved on but BlackBerry does. They are all on BES or BIS and Chen has been finding out why. Thus thw new batch of 9900s and the Classic. They are keeping 2, 3 , 4 year old phones instead of going to Bb10, Apple or Android. BlackBerry needs to keep as many of these as possible.

Still more than 50 million BlackBerry phones in use, most of them bbos

Are BlackBerry's 50 M Users Worth $2 Billion? - Forbes

Do you have a current link with the number of users? Been hearing 50 Million for almost a year now.... with their slow down in sales and the rate they were losing subscribers when they last reported them, they could be well under 50 million now. Service Revenues fell by 36% from one year ago - a big reason for this is fewer BIS and BES customers (cutting BES fees is another) - so it's conceivable their are far fewer than 50 million. Now I understand that a consumer moving from a BBOS to a BB10 device is no longer a BIS user and thus BlackBerry doesn't gain any service revenues.... but with only 7 Million device sold and at least some of them on BES plans, not sure that will change things very much.

Yes I'm sure Chen know how many existing BB devices are on BIS, how many are BES10 and how many are BES5, and yes they need to keep EVERY customer they can. But based on their growth coming from developing markets over the last four years, I'm not sure how big the enterprise userbase is.... 25 Million, 20 Million?

None of us know how many BlackBerry users there are, or how many of those are connected to an Enterprise account. And of those, how many of those companies are planning on upgrading or moving on. In the cases where the Enterprise customer has a BlackBerry only shop... they'll buy the Classic and everyone will just have to live with it. Most all these people aren't "stuck" on 4 year old BlackBerries... they have been using modern devices as their personal device. They'll still be using an iPhone 6 or a Galaxy S5 as their personal device, and if their company offers choices... I don't see the Classic getting too many takers.

As I said some times "good enough" really isn't "good enough".
    08-14-14 09:32 AM
    It's not that difficult to understand. If you want the new Blackberry, buy the passport. The classic is for those who use a bold 9900 or even a Curve ( yes in my insurance company, they use a Curve ) .

BlackBerry give you the choice, Classic if you want the tool belt, Passport if you want the next Blackberry flagship or leave.

Posted via my Q10
    The problem is that BlackBerry will price this phone at $499 unlocked and will wonder why no one wants to buy it. This is a phone with Samsung Galaxy S3 level specs - this phone shouldn't cost more than $350 unlocked.
    Witmen and anon(4295315) like this.
    08-14-14 11:31 AM
    Well here you go again Blackberry. Evidently you have not done any MARKET RESEARCH for the newest Flagship "Classic". Do you really know what your customers want in this phone? IMO you have dropped the ball once again.

Why would you even consider a new "FLAGSHIP PHONE" to only have 2-gig RAM? Rediculas! Or any spec. lesser that any phone available--real head scratcher! One would think that AT LEAST the Classic should equal the Passport in specs.

Survey all current customers who have 9900's or earlier and ask them what they want or are afraid that you'll find you made another mistake. DO YOUR MARKET RESEARCH UP FRONT and stop guessing! Then you may hit that home run you've been waiting on.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-14-14 05:37 PM
    The problem is that BlackBerry will price this phone at $499 unlocked and will wonder why no one wants to buy it. This is a phone with Samsung Galaxy S3 level specs - this phone shouldn't cost more than $350 unlocked.
    Yep, I paid $350 for a OnePlus One, a phone that is about as high-end as you can get at the moment. I was really interested in the Classic, but the specs along with BlackBerry's completely outlandish pricing practices has me almost entirely convinced that I won't be buying one.

If I do buy one, it will be used just to ensure BlackBerry doesn't get the money from me directly.

It isn't about the money, I can afford to pay the price they will ask for a Classic, it is just a matter of principal for me. I refuse to be one of those people who tell BlackBerry that their pricing is appropriate by rushing out and buying one of their overpriced and outdated devices. In the old days, I did just that because BlackBerry didn't have any worthy competition. But now all of that has changed, leaving only the BlackBerry Collectors to pay the BlackBerry tax.
    08-14-14 06:13 PM
    Yep, I paid $350 for a OnePlus One, a phone that is about as high-end as you can get at the moment. I was really interested in the Classic, but the specs along with BlackBerry's completely outlandish pricing practices has me almost entirely convinced that I won't be buying one.

If I do buy one, it will be used just to ensure BlackBerry doesn't get the money from me directly.

It isn't about the money, I can afford to pay the price they will ask for a Classic, it is just a matter of principal for me. I refuse to be one of those people who tell BlackBerry that their pricing is appropriate by rushing out and buying one of their overpriced and outdated devices. In the old days, I did just that because BlackBerry didn't have any worthy competition. But now all of that has changed, leaving only the BlackBerry Collectors to pay the BlackBerry tax.
    To be fair to BlackBerry, they sort of don't have competition in the physical keyboard market.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and clickitykeys like this.
    08-14-14 06:26 PM
    Well here you go again Blackberry. Evidently you have not done any MARKET RESEARCH for the newest Flagship "Classic". Do you really know what your customers want in this phone? IMO you have dropped the ball once again.

Why would you even consider a new "FLAGSHIP PHONE" to only have 2-gig RAM? Rediculas! Or any spec. lesser that any phone available--real head scratcher! One would think that AT LEAST the Classic should equal the Passport in specs.

Survey all current customers who have 9900's or earlier and ask them what they want or are afraid that you'll find you made another mistake. DO YOUR MARKET RESEARCH UP FRONT and stop guessing! Then you may hit that home run you've been waiting on.
    If 9900 users cared so much about specs that they break into all caps, then they wouldn't be 9900 users.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys and Katika99 like this.
    08-14-14 06:30 PM

most of the posts from 9900 users i saw regarding the classic were saying they wanted a bold with updated specs,id say they nailed it except for the straight keyboard.

this phone is not marketed for spec hungry ppl. its the upgrade for legacy users to jump to bb10. its a q10 with the belt and blackberry will do well with it. its a nobrainer decision for ppl using a bbos device to make the switch.
    i know i will buy it and i could care less about the specs as long as its works well and has great batt life.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    phuoc likes this.
    08-14-14 06:36 PM
    No insult intended. Just a reaction to a previous post equating the Q20 with the Q5. AFAIK, the similarity is in their battery configuration, not in the specs. I'm still using a 99, your Q5 would feel like a starship to me. .

60+ year old slide rule battery is still going strong. They just don't make batteries like that anymore. Lol.
    No insult taken. I am really impressed with my Q5. I looked down on it when I bought my first Blackberry, a Z10. I missed having a keyboard so I got a Q5 as a second phone as I couldn't ignore it's overwhelming important spec of $150 cdn. No lag or perceivable slowness at all and it is only a 1.2ghz dual core.

So I think that the Classic will be fine as long as it is priced accordingly... say $400 at it's launch, and not a penny more.
    tx ram likes this.
    08-14-14 07:11 PM
    Is there any mention of wireless charging with the Classic?
    08-15-14 06:52 AM

On the other hand, I'd really like to see at least the Z30's specs in this bad boy. The battery should be larger and the design is improved in my opinion at the very least over the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I thought the Classic specs would be considering it looks exactly like a Z30 with a physical kb and toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-15-14 07:01 AM
    Since the information isnt directly from Blackberry Im not so sure its time for people to go fire and brimstone just yet. This may not be correct information. Having said that, if it is accurate info, Im not sure that it will entice legacy users to jump up if they are even moderately spec conscious unless the price tag is reflective of a device with dated specs on board. If people dont pay attention to that sort of thing it may be an adequate phone when they use it, but for those not blissfully ignorant it certainly isnt a future proofed device. I was leaning in the direction of the classic for my 9900 upgrade, but if the price isnt really reasonable on this I may be unforantely at the end of my line with Blackberry. Im not writing the passport off, but from the pics I have seen the passport size makes the phone looks somewhat inconvenient for me even if it has more of the features I would be interested in.
    feeway likes this.
    08-15-14 07:52 AM
    Most users don't think that hard. Holdouts want pkb and belt. The battery and larger screen are bonuses, important ones

The slick smooth usage will make new users like it more. And they will be wondering when they will need to reset.

I think I helped sell a Z10 yesterday. Let her use mine. She was impressed by the swipes. Lack of lag and how easy it was to share.

there are a lot of people looking to change. BlackBerry needs to just get a portion if them to be OK

CpE CKS and Qaddafi like this.
    08-15-14 08:03 AM
    in fact, their devices are great. they only need to take one step of trying it to experience how good it is. then it may be enough to shake off their ignorance of the greatness of blackerry 10
    08-15-14 01:29 PM
    IS that so bad trying to gain customers back that may be going over to iphone or android after the contracts expire?
    08-16-14 11:02 AM
    After 12months on Z10 . I believe it beats iPhone hands down.

Tedmossnr on BB Z10 STL100-2
    AthenaSmith and danyfan like this.
    08-16-14 11:05 AM
    I can't stand this skinny iPhone that the company has. In 18 months, I'm done with this business and will be getting the Classic!
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    08-16-14 01:17 PM
    I just want the trackpad and function keys back together with the keyboard.

I don't care much about having the latest, cutting-edge specs. As long as it has the recent OS version and I can text, email, call, and browse with it, I'm good. I like my Q10, but I just want the toolbelt back really bad.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and anon(4295315) like this.
    08-18-14 03:30 AM
209 ... 45678 ...