I am a little surprised that its the exact same specs - that essentially its primary difference is size of the screen and toolbar, but then again this device is clearly targeting getting those on OS7 to move over to BB10. With that said BB probably should have increased the RAM to at least 3GB.

Unless you absolutely feel the toolbar is necessary, with the Shop BalckBerry sale going on right now, is it worth waiting another 2-3 months and $130 more (assuming the list price is $400 USD) for a toolbar and slightly bigger screen.
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 08-13-14 at 11:49 AM.
    08-13-14 11:13 AM
    Q10 parts bin. If the price is right it is still alluring to me. However if it is Q10 priced I'm out. Needs to be $399.99 with these 2012/2013 specs.
    08-13-14 11:22 AM
    You have to remember that this phone is pretty much taking the q5's shot in the lineup. I expect it to be priced accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    Q5 was the most expensive phone ever. It was a 150 dollar phone they priced at 500. In fact right now it's still hard for an American to get a Q5 under 250.

What in saying is that the Classic should be a 299.00 phone. Assuming you're right that it's a replacement for Q5 that means 600 dollar price tag for the Classic.

Forbes tried to tell BlackBerry a year ago to price them realistically. Let's see if BlackBerry has learned anything.

"The Madness of BlackBerry Pricing" http://www.forbes.com/sites/terokuit...ry-q5-pricing/

Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.2.1531 / T-Mobile USA
    08-13-14 11:33 AM
    Q10 parts bin. If the price is right it is still alluring to me. However if it is Q10 priced I'm out. Needs to be $399.99 with these 2012/2013 specs.
    Take at least 50 to 100 off the price and I agree with you.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.2.1531 / T-Mobile USA
    08-13-14 11:34 AM
    Seems like it meets the goals that they have for the phone:

* A clear step up for those who are still holding on to legacy phones.
    * Meets the form factor requirements that legacy users want
    * Is being produced with an eye toward keeping costs moderate, in the hopes that they will still be bought in bulk by some large corporate customers.

There are definitely things that I might want to see in this phone that would be different, but if I were still using a BB Bold, this would be an option worth considering.
    BlackBerry is almost out of the consumer market.... And flagship devices are not as important enterprise - can a device do what the customer wants it to do, at the price point the customer is willing to pay. That's all that's important for some.

But yes I think you will find a lot fewer people that want to be on the cutting edge, carrying a BlackBerry. Have to wonder if the Classic will get some of the features that the Z10 missed out on that are pretty common today.... LTE Cat4, AC Wi-Fi, Miracast, Wi-Fi Direct
    08-13-14 11:35 AM
    Don't worry about specs, guys... prototype devices usually get lower specs, specially in amount of RAM (Q10 prototype got 1 GB ram only).
    Classic will come with 3GB for sure
    Q10Bold and anon(4295315) like this.
    08-13-14 11:46 AM
    That would be great, but care to provide some evidence?
    08-13-14 11:55 AM
    I tap the phone symbol on my Z10, then tap on the last called contact. Two taps to do the same thing still. Not better, but still the same amount of taps though, so no worse.

Edit. Sorry, that was in to slagman from earlier on.

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    Two taps that you are required to look at the screen for and to look to confirm it went through. With the hard button you could do it as you take it out of the holster on the way to your face and by the time it's up on your face the call os already going through...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-13-14 12:07 PM
    Seems like it meets the goals that they have for the phone:

* A clear step up for those who are still holding on to legacy phones.
    * Meets the form factor requirements that legacy users want
    I wonder though whether the form factor and tool belt were important reasons why the BlackBerry 10 adoption was so low in the corporate sector. To me, the elephant in the room remains the software itself, which still doesn�t seem to be on track to provide the feature wealth its predecessor had. I think the hurdle would have been less if the transition from BlackBerry OS to BlackBerry 10 was more organic.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-13-14 12:08 PM
    This might be long but bare with me,

I see a lot of people are un happy with the Classic's specs and they are justifiably to be so. Many people were looking at the BlackBerry Classic as an upgrade for all the Q5 / Q10 owners who knew they couldn't afford the BlackBerry Passport.

You must also think about this... the BlackBerry Classic is meant for not only the BlackBerry 10 users but also the legacy users who want to upgrade but don't know where they can go from a 9900??

The BlackBerry Classic is a massive upgrade from any BlackBerry OS legacy phone. With regards to RAM, screen resolution and processing power and obviously Battery Size. My old 8520 only had a 1,150mAh if I'm correct. So the classic has more than double the size.

BlackBerry is defiantly moving more towards the enterprise area which will help them grow and be more profitable. I do hope that they produce more devices like the BlackBerry Z30 for users who want to stand up to all those fandroid and isheep people and say look BlackBerry has the power too and the battery to back it up.

So let's pray for a Z50 upgrade for the Z30 and a Q15 / Q20 upgrade for the Q5 / Q10

Posted via BlackBerry Classic SQC100-2
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-13-14 12:21 PM
    I LOVE THE PHONE BlackBerry CLASSIC, ITS AMAZING IT MEET WHAT I WANT IN A PHONE! I ASK GOD TO GIVE ME AND GIVE YOU GUYS ONE (:

Via BlackBerry Q10
    Hey, leave the Big Guy out of this. Hopefully, it will be reasonably priced for you and others who want it. My Q10 still works fine for me.
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    08-13-14 12:32 PM

I see a lot of people are un happy with the Classic's specs and they are justifiably to be so. Many people were looking at the BlackBerry Classic as an upgrade for all the Q5 / Q10 owners who knew they couldn't afford the BlackBerry Passport.

You must also think about this... the BlackBerry Classic is meant for not only the BlackBerry 10 users but also the legacy users who want to upgrade but don't know where they can go from a 9900??

The BlackBerry Classic is a massive upgrade from any BlackBerry OS legacy phone. With regards to RAM, screen resolution and processing power and obviously Battery Size. My old 8520 only had a 1,150mAh if I'm correct. So the classic has more than double the size.

BlackBerry is defiantly moving more towards the enterprise area which will help them grow and be more profitable. I do hope that they produce more devices like the BlackBerry Z30 for users who want to stand up to all those fandroid and isheep people and say look BlackBerry has the power too and the battery to back it up.

So let's pray for a Z50 upgrade for the Z30 and a Q15 / Q20 upgrade for the Q5 / Q10

I love the whole "let's compare it to ancient technology" argument... I'm sure people will be happy to spend hundreds of dollars for something that's "much better than two cups and a string." Great...

08-13-14 12:36 PM
    Looking too much panic reactions about this Classic prototype. It's only a PROTOTYPE!!!
    08-13-14 12:47 PM
    Two taps that you are required to look at the screen for and to look to confirm it went through. With the hard button you could do it as you take it out of the holster on the way to your face and by the time it's up on your face the call os already going through...

Touche! OK, I'll give you that one then! ; )

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    08-13-14 12:53 PM
    Looking too much panic reactions about this Classic prototype. It's only a PROTOTYPE!!!
    I'm hoping so, because the Porsche Design version has different specs and they usually have the same specs except the internal storage...

BlackQtCoder likes this.
    08-13-14 12:55 PM
    Has the fixed battery been confirmed?
    08-13-14 03:20 PM
    How you know it's a prototype ? What I want said to you is ( how you know this prototype will have not the official specs ? ) sorry for my english

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    08-13-14 03:31 PM

Some times "good enough" really isn't "good enough".

We all know that BlackBerry is focused more toward enterprise, just not sure how much of enterprise there is left that hasn't moved on, or are about to move on. BlackBerry's niche is going to be Government and highly regulated enterprise. But keep in mind that much of the US Government and a number of regulated enterprise (Banks, Brokerage Firm...) customers have already moved on. Going to be very hard to move users back to BlackBerry when their choice is all devices that are a generation or two old. Enterprise is made up of consumers. And just because IT wants the security and manageability of BES with BB10, that doesn't mean that the users that want their iPad and the iPhone can't in some cases win the battle. Especially when the iPad can be a VERY productive tool - and once you allow the iPad, how can you not allow the iPhone....
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-13-14 03:35 PM
    I have been trying to find the visual someone crafted of the Classic, Q10 and Bold side by side. Not official photos but created based on estimates and photos of the roll out day. Cannot find the posting. Anyone recall it?

Related, anyone got a good estimate on the Classic overall size. Not the screen itself, but the unit as a whole. I find the Z10 works for handsize, pockets and typing. Love my Bold but have to move ahead for the speed and options overall (I know, each his own). But though I'm liking the Z10, even so its creeping larger and larger from the Bold to Q10 to Z10. I'm hoping the Classic is not going so large that its a essentially a Phabet. I've assumed it was larger, maybe too much for me...would really hope its not. Though maybe that is inevitable?
    danyfan likes this.
    08-13-14 04:14 PM
    Meh. I'm still getting the BlackBerry Classic. I'd rather have a ''weak'' 2GB Ram BlackBerry Classic with a keyboard, that fits on my pocket, and doesn't weight 5,000lbs. At the end of the day I want the BlackBerry classic for simple **** like browsing internet, viewing email, taking pictures, texting, and having an all around good experience. My only real complain would be if the battery was non-removable, but eh, I'd live with it.
    08-13-14 04:16 PM
    Specs aren't a big deal to me as long as the phone runs smoothly. I played around with a Q5 for about a week before deciding to return it (wasn't ready to take on a bigger data cost) and felt it was really snappy and ran well. If these specs are even better then I'm not worried.

I'm very ready to upgrade from my 3 year old 9900...whether it be the Q10 depending on the HDMI out or not or the Classic, I'll be getting one of the two.
    robert_in_la likes this.
    08-13-14 04:20 PM
    For me, the definite 100% must-have features would be a way to video out (slimport looks like the new solution) and NFC. The non-replaceable battery irks me a bit but doesn't absolutely kill the deal since I know how to open up phones to replace things like that. The Q10 specs would irk me a little bit but if it's cheap enough to where after selling my Q10 it could all be had for very little investment, I'll live with it. But if I lose NFC or video out, I'll be seriously considering staying with the Q10 or moving on to a different platform...

Edit: A really nice addition that would sweeten it for me would be wireless charging...

08-13-14 04:28 PM
    I have been trying to find the visual someone crafted of the Classic, Q10 and Bold side by side. Not official photos but created based on estimates and photos of the roll out day. Cannot find the posting. Anyone recall it?

Related, anyone got a good estimate on the Classic overall size. Not the screen itself, but the unit as a whole. I find the Z10 works for handsize, pockets and typing. Love my Bold but have to move ahead for the speed and options overall (I know, each his own). But though I'm liking the Z10, even so its creeping larger and larger from the Bold to Q10 to Z10. I'm hoping the Classic is not going so large that its a essentially a Phabet. I've assumed it was larger, maybe too much for me...would really hope its not. Though maybe that is inevitable?
    To my knowledge, it is essentially the Z30 in dimensions, but shorter in height. The width and depth should be simiilar. The Passport is significantly larger.
    08-13-14 05:23 PM
    Well, now we know. At least it didn't get stuck with Q5 specs.
    My Q5 runs just fine thank you very much. No perceptible lag and great battery life. Okay.... camera could be a little better in low light. If priced right the Classic will be fine as long as the market doesn't get too hung up on specs.

But then again, I find slide rulers to be cool.
    08-13-14 06:14 PM
    It is weird to feel disappointed even though I know I shouldn't be. BlackBerry is still the same old BlackBerry. Release new device, give it hardly any new hardware and call it a day. All they need to do now is give the Classic a ridiculously expensive price and they can call it a day.

The upgrade from Q10 to Classic is even worse than the upgrade from Storm to Storm 2 or any of the Curves were. I'm sad that they are still trying to pull this crap, but I am very happy that consumers no longer allow them to get a way with it like they used to. The Classic will be a failure if they don't price it aggressively, which let's be honest, we all know that they won't.

Sad day, I was interested in picking one up until I heard that it was nothing more than a repackaged Q10 with a slightly bigger battery.
    Best comment I've seen on this thread. Couldn't have said it better.

It's the same crap. Announce a new device with hardly any upgrade from the device it is meant to replace, give it flagship pricing and expect people to running in.

How BlackBerry expects people to "upgrade" to this from a q10 is beyond me. Add a tool belt to a phone with 3 year specs? And we all know it won't be priced like even a 2012 phone, which it should. No! Not BlackBerry

It's sad we have to get a 2012 phone going into 2015, really sad

Posted via CB10
    Witmen, Mr4aces and anon(4295315) like this.
    08-13-14 08:50 PM
209 ... 34567 ...