Or the classic is for the pee-ons, the Passport for the VP's, Directors and CEO's

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Lol tell Mr. Chen that.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 09:23 PM
    The other reason might be that BlackBerry ordered so much parts for the Z and Q10 that they still have left overs. What better way then to recycle them in classic?

This is assuming that the leak turns out to be true.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 09:24 PM
    Oh that's highlarious! Do you do stand-up comedy in your spare time? BlackBerry 10 is a gesture based operating system optimized for devices like the Z10 and Z30. The Z10 was released first for a reason.

I think BlackBerry should scrap the BB10 Classic all together and continue to make BBOS 7 devices for people like yourself.
    Forget everyone that doesn't want to jump on the "touchscreens are cooler" bandwagon and have a phone that looks like everyone else's phone and have barcodes tattooed on their necks and have their names changed into numbers. Good idea.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-12-14 09:28 PM
    I'm not up for a super toy. If you're going with a Qwerty device, mostly you are looking for a device that's easy to use and productive. Physical keyboard device with the Z10 specs is not bad at all. It's good enough for me as long as I can be productive with it. I just hope that it gets a better battery life. For those who doesn't like the current news about its possible specs (possible only since there's no official announcements yet despite the benchmark result), please don't cry. You're not forced to buy it if you don't like. Go with the passport instead if you like better specs.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 09:28 PM
    Or the classic is for the pee-ons, the Passport for the VP's, Directors and CEO's

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I think having the ability to quickly and confidently make or hang up calls without looking would be more important for the higher-ups than for the "pee-ons."

Mr4aces likes this.
    08-12-14 09:35 PM
    I'm not up for a super toy. If you're going with a Qwerty device, mostly you are looking for a device that's easy to use and productive. Physical keyboard device with the Z10 specs is not bad at all. It's good enough for me as long as I can be productive with it. I just hope that it gets a better battery life. For those who doesn't like the current news about its possible specs (possible only since there's no official announcements yet despite the benchmark result), please don't cry. You're not forced to buy it if you don't like. Go with the passport instead if you like better specs.

Posted via CB10
    That device already exists, it's called the Q10...

Q10Bold and Mr4aces like this.
    08-12-14 09:37 PM

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    CEO's can't have the classic? Tell what games do they need to run that they need the passport specs and not be satisfied by the classic, please.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 09:38 PM
    I think having the ability to quickly and confidently make or hang up calls without looking would be more important for the higher-ups than for the "pee-ons."

Sure, let's go with that.....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    08-12-14 09:39 PM
    CEO's can't have the classic? Tell what games do they need to run that they need the passport specs and not be satisfied by the classic, please.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Their not allowed....its the rules
    ...... guessing you missed the smiley at the end of my post

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    08-12-14 09:42 PM
    I guess some people here are ready to ride the android wagon in no time. Love for specs? Yeah. Sounds so. . . Android.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-12-14 09:46 PM
    Forget everyone that doesn't want to jump on the "touchscreens are cooler" bandwagon and have a phone that looks like everyone else's phone and have barcodes tattooed on their necks and have their names changed into numbers. Good idea.

I'm not saying to forget about people who want the physical keyboard. I'm laughing because Bishkin said The Classic is a step forward for BlackBerry? It's called The Classic for Pete's sake!

The fact is the gesture based BB10 was made for touch screens. The Classic is nothing more then an attempt by BlackBerry to get its die hard BBOS user base on board with BB10.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-12-14 09:47 PM
    You have to remember that this phone is pretty much taking the q5's shot in the lineup. I expect it to be priced accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 10:02 PM
    Sure, let's go with that.....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Yes, I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but really, let's go with that, because someone in a position of power wouldn't want to waste time staring at their phone to make sure a call is hung up, and he/she definitely can't afford to not do that because if a call is still active when he/she doesn't think it is, and the person on the other line overhears a conversation this person is having in private, bad things could happen for that business. I'm sure for these people they would like to have physical keys so when they feel it clicking they know the call is ended without standing there wasting time looking at the phone seeing the visual confirmation that the call is indeed hung up. And not to mention if you've browsed away from the phone app during the call... Now you need to navigate back to the phone app before you can hang up the call, or just press the call end button if you had the toolbelt... Which sounds like a better option for a busy business person?

phuoc, Q10Bold and Mr4aces like this.
    08-12-14 10:12 PM
    I guess some people here are ready to ride the android wagon in no time. Love for specs? Yeah. Sounds so. . . Android.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone here says they need it to have the top-end specs, but the only other option isn't 2 year-old specs. If they would have put the Z30 specs into it, that would be nice. It's still not Android-esque hardware war, but at least we're not spending hundreds of dollars for 5 buttons...

08-12-14 10:13 PM
    I'm not saying to forget about people who want the physical keyboard. I'm laughing because Bishkin said The Classic is a step forward for BlackBerry? It's called The Classic for Pete's sake!

The fact is the gesture based BB10 was made for touch screens. The Classic is nothing more then an attempt by BlackBerry to get its die hard BBOS user base on board with BB10.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Gestures only do so much to navigate the phone. It doesn't at all replace the functions provided by the hard call end button or call send button. For example, with my old Bold 9900 if I am browsing my phone while on a phone call, when I need to end the call, all I need to do is press the call end button. With the Q10, I need to minimize whatever app I'm in, and then find the phone app active tile, press it, then press end call, then stare at the phone to make sure it fades away to confirm it registered your touch to end the call. And just in general hanging up a call without ever having to look at your phone.

And to call the last person who called me or I called, I just press the call send key twice.

Let's see how the gestures of BB10 replaces those two things? I have the Q10 now. Had it since launch, and I can tell you, it doesn't. I am a techy, and being one, I'm not blinded by gimmicks, I recognize the importance of hard keys. Newer isn't automatically better. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. I don't want to be limited to old hardware just because I recognize that fact. I want everything to be as fast and efficient as possible. And with BB, that would be a combination of the touchscreen features and the hard key features...

08-12-14 10:20 PM
    I don't think anyone here says they need it to have the top-end specs, but the only other option isn't 2 year-old specs. If they would have put the Z30 specs into it, that would be nice. It's still not Android-esque hardware war, but at least we're not spending hundreds of dollars for 5 buttons...

Sorry. I see tears for the lack of numbers in the spec sheet of some people here. But you're right. Nobody said it. It was just implied.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-12-14 10:23 PM
    Classic CB mentality:
    Defending outdated specs by claiming it's more than enough.
    Probably the same people that were gushing all over the passport specs.
    Moopusmaximus, HasKam and Mr4aces like this.
    08-12-14 10:26 PM
    CIO's don't give a rats *** about specs. I'm OK with the specs but the phone better be priced accordingly . If BlackBerry prices this thing tasty, enterprises will buy them by the crate load.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    CIO's don't buy Blackberry anymore..didn't you get the memo? this is 2014 not 2005
    08-12-14 10:31 PM
    If I was getting my first smartphone, coming from a dumbphone, would I be satisfied with a phone that was JUST better than the dumbphone? Or would I rather get a smartphone that actually has up to date specs? I don't know...

Depends, have you stuck with the dumbphone for longer than seems reasonable if specs were an issue? And is this smartphone that's "just better" the only one with one of the few features that gives said dumbphone any conceivable merit in 2014?
    08-12-14 10:41 PM
    What BlackBerry has done to Classic same specs as Q10! Passport is not for everyone! Classic suppose to. Atleast 3000 battery with 2Ghz processor and 2GB Ram.

Posted by Q10
    08-12-14 10:45 PM
    Well, now we know. At least it didn't get stuck with Q5 specs.
    08-12-14 10:52 PM
    im happy with the specs the q10 looks like it runs very smooth

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-12-14 10:59 PM
    I LOVE THE PHONE BlackBerry CLASSIC, ITS AMAZING IT MEET WHAT I WANT IN A PHONE! I ASK GOD TO GIVE ME AND GIVE YOU GUYS ONE (:

Via BlackBerry Q10
    08-12-14 11:23 PM
    Classic CB mentality:
    Defending outdated specs by claiming it's more than enough.
    Probably the same people that were gushing all over the passport specs.
    What's wrong with The Passport specs?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-12-14 11:32 PM
    What is more important is if 10,3,1 is bbos7 efficient like on bb10 classic ie hit call button in a txt or bbm window etc.

Specs of a q10 is good enough for a non media centered phone like the classic q20.... Get the z30 or passport if you want a quad ore ram up the wazoo.. I don't have more then 2 things running and have never watched a movie or played a video game on the q10 and that pretty much the same for everyone I know... That's what tablets are for...or video game systems...

It will come down to price... And how much the optimize 10.3.1 to work the classic key features ie customize buttons options, proper use of the call buttons through all the call screen, bbm, txt, emails and contacts, how well the trackpad works for selecting txt etc.

This isn't a all out screamer of tech spec and ram but all about efficiency of messaging. and calls
    phuoc likes this.
    08-12-14 11:54 PM
209 1234 ...