I have no problem at all. But in the quote below I see a problem with your diploma:
    The quote that says.......

..."The new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus powered by the Apple-designed A8 processor leave the vast majority of Android competition in the dust in terms of CPU performance and battery life, according to a series of performance benchmarks conducted by the reputable hardware review website AnandTech.

The website’s founder Anand Lal Shimpi recently joined Apple for an undisclosed role."...

Now, that IS funny. But either way, it has nothing to do with facts that he was explaining to you, it's some post from a pro-Apple web site that describes a person ...who works for apple... using words like "speculate" to describe performance.
    12-19-14 08:38 PM
    My professional experience in computer technology is from 1990 only. My knowledge is no mach to someone with a diploma. Sorry.
    Then just admit that instead of some strange subject change and cheap shot about how many Classics you might find in a year from now. Why make a 3rd party observer like me point it out to you?
    12-19-14 08:41 PM
    I have no problem at all. But in the quote below I see a problem with your diploma:
    you dont even know what you are linking to. thats a pure computation speed benchmark which i even admitted the iphone is strong in... a benchmark is the exact opposite of real world usage. this benchmark doesnt even account for the amount of memory you have and its speed... lets see a benchmark that requires a lot of ram, where you are using a lot of memory/memcached or any other memory caching daemon for this, you have to account for the case that the data is simply not there anymore and acquire it again. in the case of low memory you will run out of memory as more and more stuff is put in the cache and youll have to reacquire them frequently, which will decrease your overall performance even if you have a very fast cpu. im not even sure why you are defending apple, oneplus one costs $300 and it has 3gbs of ram and a cpu comparable to the apple a8 (OnePlus One - Geekbench Browser). the iphone costs $950 yet has less ram...

basically you are saying why do we need more ram if we have a fast cpu... and im saying that having a balanced setup is better and you are questioning my degree... lmao. i said both having less ram and having a slower cpu will bump into bottlenecks. basically, if the app is a memory hog, then you wont be able to utilize your powerful cpu as you will be waiting on the drive/virtual memory/external source for the data. same applies to having a slower processor, great you have a lot of memory but you have a slow processor and you could just as well do without having so much memory as while the processor is working you could just as well load the data from other source.

=> having a balanced setup is better general else you limit the possible apps you can make for a phone
    12-19-14 08:53 PM
    The quote that says...
    Just Google "iPhone 6 performance" and you'll find many sources showing the same results. Here is what PhoneArena says about the RAM issue you see:

"The iPhone 5s was the first iPhone to switch to using LPDDR3 type of RAM, and the iPhone 6 continues on that tradition. All models come with 1GB of RAM, an amount that Apple has considered sufficient. We would have preferred to see 2GB in order for the phone to be more future proof, but given the way iOS handles multi-tasking, it seems that having 1GB of RAM on the iPhone 6 does not really slow down performance."

You may continue with your theories, I'm perfectly fine.
    12-19-14 08:54 PM
    Just Google "iPhone 6 performance" and you'll find many sources showing the same results. Here is what PhoneArena says about the RAM issue you see:

"The iPhone 5s was the first iPhone to switch to using LPDDR3 type of RAM, and the iPhone 6 continues on that tradition. All models come with 1GB of RAM, an amount that Apple has considered sufficient. We would have preferred to see 2GB in order for the phone to be more future proof, but given the way iOS handles multi-tasking, it seems that having 1GB of RAM on the iPhone 6 does not really slow down performance."

You may continue with your theories, I'm perfectly fine.
    What theories? I didn't propose any. You did....about Classic phones found in a year.

The quote you just posted might as well be exactly what dvarnai was trying to tell you about BlackBerry specs. As he just pointed out, you don't even seem know what you're posting.
    12-19-14 08:58 PM
    What theories? I didn't propose any. You did....about Classic phones found in a year.

The quote you just posted might as well be exactly what dvarnai was trying to tell you about BlackBerry specs. As he just pointed out, you don't even seem know what you're posting.
    "We would have preferred to see 2GB in order for the phone to be more future proof, but given the way iOS handles multi-tasking, it seems that having 1GB of RAM on the iPhone 6 does not really slow down performance."

1. so now more ram is only good for multi tasking, okay.
    2. multi tasking as in only a few selected apis are available, theres no true multi tasking, the app itself goes into a hibernated state upon minimizing it, its 4am and i dont have an iphone, but im sure if you had an app open and you minimized it, then you do stuff for an hour or so, opening multiple apps, it wont be instant to load the memory of the app back in physical memory from the virtual memory... if you can even do that at all after an hour of it being minimized
    3. benchmarks dont account for memory. they are just computation heavy and the actual data they are using are either in registers or in the cache
    12-19-14 09:06 PM
    ...its 4am and i dont have an iphone...
    Aha, you don't have an iPhone but you know BlackBerry multitasking is actually better? OK, good night! Thanks for sharing your virtual opinion on this subject.
    12-19-14 09:10 PM
    Aha, you don't have an iPhone but you know BlackBerry multitasking is actually better? OK, good night! Thanks for sharing your virtual opinion on this subject.
    im sorry but you must be ********. i havent even menioned blackberry. but anyway you dont need an iphone to know how its multitasking works if you are a coder, for god's sake. also, blackberry's multi tasking IS better, the apps you open are in a fully active state (unless the app decides otherwise) compared to having only some cpu time only if some event affects your app..

btw my brother has an iphone6 but hes sleeping, thats why i said it was 4am here... cant just drive there and wake him up to prove you something that doesnt even need an iphone to prove
    12-19-14 09:15 PM
    im sorry but you must be ********.
    No, I just own BlackBerry Z10, HTC One and an iPhone 5S. My experience is real, not virtual. Good night!
    12-19-14 09:19 PM
    No, I just own BlackBerry Z10, HTC One and an iPhone 5S. My experience is real, not virtual. Good night!
    great, then open youtube on your iphone and start playing a video, then minimize it. then do the same on the blackberry. your experience as an end-user wont change the fact that as a coder you cant make apps running in the background without restrictions and i have personal experience in coding for ios you dont need to own an iphone to code for it ffs. i think your technological knowledge is stuck in 1990

edit: btw after admitting being defeated over the fact that low amount of memory with fast cpu is no better than high memory with slow cpu now you are trying to prove im wrong over something YOU brought into this conversation and your only argument is that i dont CURRENTLY own an iphone? do you even know if i had an iphone before? also, you are looking at it from the end user's point of view, yet its something that the coders have to account for...
    12-19-14 09:23 PM
    Then how could you have made such an absurd claim?

You're conflating. This has nothing to do with my 2012 car X getting a massive spec upgrade from my 2006 car X. They both have a 6 cyl engine, a certain amount of torque and HP, and MPH. The 2006 have fewer toys on the dashboard though.

To be honest...I haven't noticed this. My 2014 Minivan gets the exact same mpg as it's 2007 counterpart from the same manufacturer. The acceleration is about the same, perhaps slightly peppier. That's a 7 year upgrade but barely any difference under the hood.

Your vague comparison of some possible "gas engine car" to some "older hybrid" proves nothing. Compare an apple to another apple.

Sure, they're making tiny cars with aluminum frames that turn off cylinders or change shift patterns or any other trick they can find, but they aren't really getting that gas to go much farther in the same type of vehicle. But that is similar to a phone getting better performance using the same specs because of the way the OS is using it. In other words....specs (number of cylinders or processor, ram, etc) are completely relative to the interaction with the vehicle / device.
    WOW, word of advice, whatever car company you're buying from, stop. If they've not made any significant advancement in 7 years, they have no clue what they are doing.

And if you're not able to understand the comparison between gas and hybrids, here, I'll break it down to you. What is the purpose of buying a hybrid? Because it is faster? No. Because they are more stylish? No. It is because they get better gas mileage than their gasoline only cars at the time. So if a gasoline car now gets better gas mileage than a hybrid of a few years ago, then what do you think that means for a comparison between the new gasoline car versus the gasoline cars of the same year of that hybrid in my example? Think real hard about it and get back with me. :-)

Edit:
    2004 Ford Mustang V6:
    3.8L V6 - 190hp - 27mpg (hwy)
    2005 Ford Mustang V6:
    4.0L V6 - 210hp - 26mpg (hwy)
    2011 Ford Mustang V6:
    3.7L V6 - 305hp - 31mpg (hwy)

There you, a span of 7 years, saw a 115hp increase with a 4mpg increase. They also achieved 95hp more and 5 more mpg from an engine 0.3L smaller in displacement. If your auto manufacturer have not made the same strides, change auto makers...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 12-19-14 at 09:45 PM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-19-14 09:24 PM
    and different os have different CPU requirements too... lol. any app that relies on having more ram wont work on the iphone. same with the cpu, an app needing more cpu will lagg badly on the classic

your logic is flawed. if iphone is years back in terms of a component, then the OS can live with that, but if its blackberry its underspecced overpriced and the os, which can clearly handle itself with these specs is bad...?

you know that the amount of memory and the speed of the memory is one of the biggest factors that are pulling back app development nowadays... theres even a term for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random...ry#Memory_wall
    The iPhone now uses a 64bit architecture and their phones are constantly bench marking as fast or faster than top of the line quad core devices. This is not true with the snapdragon s4 that the classic is using. It's not a new chip like the iPhone, it is a chip from 3 yrs ago.

The need for the 2gb of RAM on the bb10 devices is due to the hub and multitasking. The bb will allow more things to run in the background as opposed to the iPhone. Because of this it will need more ram. Example you can play a video as an active frame after going home on the iPhone this is not possible.

Again, I don't think the Q10 was slow with the snapdragon s4. But it isn't a speed demon nowadays and that will only get worse over the next couple yrs as bb10 grows and becomes more resource taxing.

Stating that a phone with these specs should be going for $450 is a little hard to understand when looking at things logically. It is basically a q10 with a toolbelt and some old feature brought back. The oneplus one goes for $350 unlocked and has far better components.
    12-19-14 09:26 PM
    The iPhone now uses a 64bit architecture and their phones are constantly bench marking as fast or faster than top of the line quad core devices. This is not true with the snapdragon s4 that the classic is using. It's not a new chip like the iPhone, it is a chip from 3 yrs ago.

The need for the 2gb of RAM on the bb10 devices is due to the hub and multitasking. The bb will allow more things to run in the background as opposed to the iPhone. Because of this it will need more ram. Example you can play a video as an active frame after going home on the iPhone this is not possible.

Again, I don't think the Q10 was slow with the snapdragon s4. But it isn't a speed demon nowadays and that will only get worse over the next couple yrs as bb10 grows and becomes more resource taxing.

Stating that a phone with these specs should be going for $450 is a little hard to understand when looking at things logically. It is basically a q10 with a toolbelt and some old feature brought back. The oneplus one goes for $350 unlocked and has far better components.
    i didnt say it was justified by looking at the specs only, but the comment you replied to isnt even about that at all...? read my other comments, im constantly saying that low ram/fast cpu (for example the iphone, as you will be lacking true multitasking due to the low amount of memory) isnt any better than lot of ram/slow cpu (for example the classic), as both will have bottlenecks that will prevent fully utilizing the hardware. i even said the hardware of the oneplus one is capable for a lot more as its balanced
    12-19-14 09:30 PM
    btw after admitting being defeated over the fact that low amount of memory with fast cpu is no better than high memory with slow cpu...
    I don't remember admitting like this. It all depends on technology used. Different systems have different requirements, that's all. This conversation started with a statement that iPhone 6 with 1GB of RAM is 2012 specs, remember? No, it's not. Even with 1GB of RAM it's still one of the fastest devices on a mobile market, including app switching. BlackBerry multitasking is no better than Android widgets, active frames and widgets do the same. I can tell from experience, that even HTC Desire 601 has better performance than BlackBerry Q10/Z10 simply because of the better OS. And it has 1GB RAM too. Good night!

...im constantly saying that low ram/fast cpu (for example the iphone, as you will be lacking true multitasking due to the low amount of memory) isnt any better than lot of ram/slow cpu (for example the classic)...
    And you are constantly wrong. You can't even compare A8 with 1GB RAM with MSM8960 with 2GB RAM. A8 is at least 4 times faster in everything. This is the reality. Forget about general theories. They are good for taking your exams only. Apple engineers know what they are doing, believe it or not.
    12-19-14 09:39 PM
    I don't remember admitting like this. It all depends on technology used. Different systems have different requirements, that's all. This conversation started with a statement that iPhone 6 with 1GB of RAM is 2012 specs, remember? No, it's not. Even with 1GB of RAM it's still one of the fastest devices on a mobile market, including app switching. BlackBerry multitasking is no better than Android widgets, active frames and widgets do the same. I can tell from experience, that even HTC Desire 601 has better performance than BlackBerry Q10/Z10 simply because of the better OS. And it has 1GB RAM too. Good night!

And you are constantly wrong. You can't even compare A8 with 1GB RAM with MSM8960 with 2GB RAM. A8 is at least 4 times faster in everything. This is the reality. Forget about general theories. They are good for taking your exams only. Apple engineers know what they are doing, believe it or not.
    I gotta say, I've used Androids, iphones and now bb10 devices and bb10 multitasks the best.. Android is definitely not a better OS. I'd posit that bb10/webos/jolla have the most intuitive mobile operation and mobile multitasking. All use active frames and actually allow the app to continue running. Plus they offer a relatively fast way to switch to active apps.

Android widgets have always(in my experience) added the need for more ram. I hated using widgets, not just for their clunky operation, but for the resources they'd hog.
    12-19-14 09:48 PM
    fastest in cpu, as yet again thats the only thing your benchmarks prove. those calculations those benchmarks rely on dont require high amount of ram, actually im 100% sure they dont use ram at all, only registers and cache. and i can tell from experience having used galaxy s3, s4 and xperia z for 2 years that my q10 is a lot smoother, you must be comparing games or idk... also, blackberry multitasking is not about active frames LOL. the actual app will keep running in the background, start a computation and minimize the app, it will be still running. btw my initial comment said:

"and different os have different CPU requirements too... lol."

and your reply to that:

"When you buy a computer what you are looking for? Just enough hardware to rum the OS only? I usually run some programs on it, don't know about you. "

your iphone can only fully run a single app at a time. great, enjoy your 1gb of ram
    and the fact that you think active frames or widgets count as multi tasking of apps clearly shows you have no idea what you are talking about

edit: also, if your iphone is so great at multitasking, please do either the following or at least show me that a calculation would run in the background if you minimze the app:

edit2: its high time you admit 1gb of ram is a bottleneck and it prevents having true multitasking like the one on the video or the one that bb10 has
    12-19-14 09:50 PM
    Bold is selling for 450 currently to BES users. Therefore the classic which is the bold upgrade is a good price at 450.

That's all it is being compared to... if your willing to pay for the bold (target audience) your willing to pay for the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:56 PM
    Its asinine in a BlackBerry Classic thread to compare and discuss an even ridiculous topic of an Apple 64-bit mobile processor using only 1 GB of ram. Have we not learned from years past of the lack of benefit to using no less than 4GB of ram?

The mobile culture has people gnashing their teeth over very dumb things.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:02 PM

Then go enjoy your toy and stop spaming this thread.
    12-19-14 10:06 PM
    great work ftard comparing speed of the cpu to the memory. good night to your sir, you just cant go lower than this. your phone doesnt have true multitasking, because your phone doesnt have enough ram. no cpu will change that. you have no idea what the cpu and the memory is for, mixing that with being a fanboy and a know-it-all... epic

also apple engineers wont change the fact that 1gb ram is simply not enough for specific apps. might be enough for most, but then the slow cpu of the classic is just as enough for most of the apps
    12-19-14 10:18 PM
    Then go enjoy your toy and stop spaming this thread.
    Deal. There is no point to discuss anything with people who have no experience with most popular mobile devices, but express opinion on what is good and what is bad.
    12-19-14 10:27 PM
    this thread has had its time. take your OT and name calling elsewhere!
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-19-14 10:27 PM
297 ... 101112