This is correct. A phone in 2015 with technology of 2012 equals to a car in 2015 with technology of 1985.
    HOW? That's an absurd comparison.

Technology is technology, and in terms of cars, the car I bought in 2006 has far less than the one in 2012....but it has the same size engine that is more than adequate for what I use the care for. I didn't say that my 2012 is using old specs just because it's still the same size, with the same (actually smaller) engine, etc. I instead said: "I love the new features of this car."

]
    12-19-14 06:30 PM
    HOW? That's an absurd comparison.

Technology is technology, and in terms of cars, the car I bought in 2006 has far less than the one in 2012....but it has the same size engine that is more than adequate for what I use the care for. I didn't say that my 2012 is using old specs just because it's still the same size, with the same (actually smaller) engine, etc. I instead said: "I love the new features of this car."

]
    Not really, I guarantee you the 2012 engine of the same size will get much more power and better gas mileage than the one from 2006...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-19-14 06:36 PM
    Did someone say big dogs?
    Attachment 321871

Also, the Classic is appropriately priced. Considering the bump up in battery life, buttons, and trackpad, it will be a worthwhile upgrade to my Z10.

All replies from here on out should contain a picture of a dog.
    a battery cost less than $5 to consumers, manufacturers prolly pay $1-2
    12-19-14 06:38 PM
    Not really, I guarantee you the 2012 engine of the same size will get much more power and better gas mileage than the one from 2006...

Too bad you're not actually backing that guarantee....because you'd have to buy me a car. You might get a little more power, and perhaps a half mile more per gallon. Based on your logic, every six years we gain "a lot more power" and "better gas mileage", yet after decades of cars, they still are averaging in the 20's unless they cut down on weight or cylinders. And...they still....mostly....run on gas.
    12-19-14 06:43 PM
    actually they turned profitability this quarter, although they are losing customers even in services as total revenue is less than last quarter but revenue breakdown is less... :/
    They claimed a marginal non-GAAP adjusted profit for the quarter. Their GAAP numbers showed a nearly $150,000,000 loss.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-19-14 06:43 PM
    a battery cost less than $5 to consumers, manufacturers prolly pay $1-2
    prolly?
    12-19-14 06:44 PM
    It's outselling the Passport, so....

Posted via CB10
    considering that the PP did not sell, it is nothing to brag about
    12-19-14 06:46 PM
    Passport did not sell? How do people own them then?
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    12-19-14 06:49 PM
    and different os have different CPU requirements too... lol.
    When you buy a computer what you are looking for? Just enough hardware to rum the OS only? I usually run some programs on it, don't know about you.

any app that relies on having more ram wont work on the iphone.
    Could you please name 5 applications from Apple AppStore that won't run on iPhone 6 just because the device has 1GB of RAM? If you can't, then your theory is a complete nonsense. Do you really think the engineers who designed the first 64-bit mobile platform and the fastest CPU don't know what they are doing? Drop them a call please.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-19-14 06:57 PM
    Jeez Louise -- Apple users pay up the @$$ to support their company of choice for products that don't hold a candle spec-wise to Android devices HALF their cost.

Can we all stop viewing BlackBerry as a discount provider? It's worth whatever enterprise managers will pay. Your "hard earned cash" is irrelevant from this point forward, they're not selling to you. JC made this abundantly clear over the past year.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    12-19-14 07:05 PM
    When you buy a computer what you are looking for? Just enough hardware to rum the OS only? I usually run some programs on it, don't know about you.

Could you please name 5 applications from Apple AppStore that won't run on iPhone 6 just because the device has 1GB of RAM?
    1. you came with the argument that some os require less ram, i just said the exact same thing for the CPU
    2. name 5 applications from bbw that doesnt run on the classic just because it has the same soc as the q10...

obviously there wont be an app in the appstore of a device that doesnt run on the device... my point is, that you claim its ok for apple to only have 1gb ram, yet it will force developers to come up with workarounds around that limit. but if blackberry has a lot of ram and worse cpu, its not okay... yet the apps in bbw will run fine, as they are designed for the specific device even if it involved workarounds to get an acceptable performance. developers wont release an app that doesnt work on the device... and im not even trying to defend a specific brand here. you are just being biased towards apple. this very thing could be said about samsung, htc, etc. they all have 2-3gbs of ram and slower cpu than the iphone, yet apps will run fine on them that are made specifically for those devices...

apple has a low amount of ram and the classic has a slower cpu. both will limit the performance and capabilities of apps but you wont even know that, as the apps that get released either wont have the features that were trashed due to the limits and you wont even know about these features...
    12-19-14 07:09 PM
    Too bad you're not actually backing that guarantee....because you'd have to buy me a car. You might get a little more power, and perhaps a half mile more per gallon. Based on your logic, every six years we gain "a lot more power" and "better gas mileage", yet after decades of cars, they still are averaging in the 20's unless they cut down on weight or cylinders. And...they still....mostly....run on gas.
    Um, I worked for the auto industry. You'd be amazed how much progress has been made. Have you noticed that gas engine cars now are getting better gas mileage than older hybrid cars of just a few years ago?

12-19-14 07:13 PM
    Um, I worked for the auto industry.
    Then how could you have made such an absurd claim?

You'd be amazed how much progress has been made. Have you noticed that gas engine cars now are getting better gas mileage than older hybrid cars of just a few years ago?
    You're conflating. This has nothing to do with my 2012 car X getting a massive spec upgrade from my 2006 car X. They both have a 6 cyl engine, a certain amount of torque and HP, and MPH. The 2006 have fewer toys on the dashboard though.

To be honest...I haven't noticed this. My 2014 Minivan gets the exact same mpg as it's 2007 counterpart from the same manufacturer. The acceleration is about the same, perhaps slightly peppier. That's a 7 year upgrade but barely any difference under the hood.

Your vague comparison of some possible "gas engine car" to some "older hybrid" proves nothing. Compare an apple to another apple.

Sure, they're making tiny cars with aluminum frames that turn off cylinders or change shift patterns or any other trick they can find, but they aren't really getting that gas to go much farther in the same type of vehicle. But that is similar to a phone getting better performance using the same specs because of the way the OS is using it. In other words....specs (number of cylinders or processor, ram, etc) are completely relative to the interaction with the vehicle / device.
    12-19-14 07:30 PM
    you came with the argument that some os require less ram, i just said the exact same thing for the CPU
    I know, and this simple fact tells me you have no idea what are you talking about.
    12-19-14 07:30 PM
    I know, and this simple fact tells me you have no idea what are you talking about.
    lol... ive got a degree proving i know what im talking about and i also work as a software engineer, what do you have to prove your claims? if your os runs perfectly smoothly with 2 cores already, it wont run smoother with 4 cores... better cpu will help maintaining that under heavy load. cpus advance faster than memory technologies, as i already linked to the memory wall article. there are techniques used in computer science to workaround that limitation such as locality of reference, having high performance cache memory, etc. also cpu is limited as well, thats why you wont compute **** over and over and over if it doesnt change. you store it in the memory/hard drive/whatever you want. if you have resources you have to use, youll have to load them first to the memory. lets take a game for example, there will be the whole map to load, which in case of bf4 for example, a single map takes 2-3gbs. if you dont have enough ram/vram to fully store it there while the program is running, youll have to rely on streaming it from the drive its stored on. which is hundreds of times slower than ram... so obviously not having enough ram, no matter how fast cpu you have, the ram and the speed of the drive will be the bottleneck. you cant have a low amount of ram with a powerful cpu and it wont work the other way around either (thats why android devices are superior compared to iphones and blackberries as they are strong in both). good luck proving your bull**** though.
    12-19-14 07:49 PM
    Need more spamming of dog pictures. This thread is going nowhere.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d and MarsupilamiX like this.
    12-19-14 07:55 PM
    Need more spamming of dog pictures. This thread is going nowhere.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently you're not reading it.
    12-19-14 07:59 PM
    good luck proving your bull**** though.
    Oh, thank you! Just do me a favor and put a check mark in your diary every time you see someone using BlackBerry Classic around you. I'm going to do the same with rare astronomical events, just got my new telescope. Come back here in 1 year to see who has more check marks.
    12-19-14 08:16 PM
    Oh, thank you! Just do me a favor and put a check mark on your diary every time you see someone using BlackBerry Classic around you. I'm going to do the same with rare astronomical events, just got my new telescope. Come back here in 1 year to see who has more check marks.

You don't work for BlackBerry, don't you? I was really hoping to get some sort of Z10 upgrade before 2020.
    whats your problem? i wasnt even talking about blackberry at all. i was purely responding to your claim that low memory with faster cpu is better than slower cpu with more memory, proving that the os itself wont be smoother if it is already, and that neither of them is good setup for any kind of app. i even said that having a balanced hardware like android phones with a lot of ram and a cpu comparable to the apple a8 is better... the only time i even said the word blackberry was when i said i wasnt being brand specific -.-
    12-19-14 08:21 PM
    Jeez Louise -- Apple users pay up the @$$ to support their company of choice for products that don't hold a candle spec-wise to Android devices HALF their cost.

Can we all stop viewing BlackBerry as a discount provider? It's worth whatever enterprise managers will pay. Your "hard earned cash" is irrelevant from this point forward, they're not selling to you. JC made this abundantly clear over the past year.

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smoke competition in benchmarks
    MarsupilamiX and eyesopen1111 like this.
    12-19-14 08:27 PM
    Oh, thank you! Just do me a favor and put a check mark in your diary every time you see someone using BlackBerry Classic around you. I'm going to do the same with rare astronomical events, just got my new telescope. Come back here in 1 year to see who has more check marks.
    Ha, that's funny. He totally owned you....and in a desperate response you change the subject. Well played.
    12-19-14 08:28 PM
    Feel free to elaborate on that clearly non-thought through comment.

For a company in BlackBerry's position - that device f*cking sold lol - and I never cuss on here.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and JGoodard like this.
    12-19-14 08:30 PM
    whats your problem?
    I have no problem at all. But in the quote below I see a problem with your diploma:

12-19-14 08:34 PM
    Wow, great thread! Some of you have a lot of time on your hands to so vehemently argue about a device you obviously have no interest in!

My required specifications?

1. It is reliable

2. It functions how I desire

I work in the physical security arena, we use some amazing tech for intrusion detection, grid laser systems, vibration sensing systems, thermal imaging with video capture... Neat stuff, but the most reliable system I have is a 30 year old sensitive wire.
    JGoodard likes this.
    12-19-14 08:35 PM
    Ha, that's funny. He totally owned you....and in a desperate response you change the subject. Well played.
    My professional experience in computer technology is from 1990 only. My knowledge is no mach to someone with a diploma. Sorry. I thought this thread is about overpriced and old technology new BlackBerry product. But I could be wrong. Sorry again.
    12-19-14 08:37 PM
297 ... 9101112