What a joke.

Sure I'm not one of those people OVERLY obsessed with specs but when they are not priced appropriately, it becomes an issue. I really want to like this phone but it's just drawback after drawback preventing me from making a solid purchase.

* No removable batteries was a huge let down.
    * The specs are a laughable.
    * Tool belt issues.

Before BlackBerry gets my hard earned money on the Classic, I will need price reductions to roughly $250 minimum. Guess I will be sticking with the Z10 for a little longer.
    If had a penny for every time people posted about this, I'd have enough money by now to buy a Classic outright. Seriously.
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-18-14 06:38 PM
    Then grab your $800.00 and go buy an iPhone 6.
    Same boring OS, 1 million useless apps, 8mp rear camera, and the list goes on.
    But the tin can looks good! Wannabe!
    12-18-14 06:41 PM
    Wonder how many of you complaining have looked at the specs and pricing for a BOLD 9900..... it's $388 on Shop BlackBerry. Buy it from you Carrier... Verizon has it at $499 or $99 on 2-Year Contract.

Many here (and maybe even at BlackBerry) have gotten too use to the write offs and slashing of pricing that the PlayBook started and the Z10 continued...

But if BlackBerry is going to make a profit, and they don't have the buying power of MUCH larger companies, and they are now having to pay 3rd Parties to build products.... you had better get use the the "Classic" pricing that BlackBerry once had!
    As I said before, it just means that BlackBerry is uncompetitive.
    Their OS isn't innovative, they don't have other physical products to fall back on when the phone division doesn't perform well and the price war will continue to intensify (as you yourself stated in a number of threads).

If BlackBerry doesn't change their pricing structure, they can soon leave the marketplace, because BlackBerry can neither compete in terms of price, nor features (apps, ecosystem, innovations. And no, Blend doesn't count. Every OS has something similar).

The write-offs were necessary because BlackBerry produced too many phones and couldn't sell them at their intended price.
    Basically, the market corrected BlackBerry's pricing mistakes.
    If the fire sales have to stop, then BlackBerry has to stop to overprice their devices.

The Passport is priced reasonably well (and is their only phone where I can say that currently), so I had hope for the Classic. Sadly, BlackBerry still doesn't get it.
    12-18-14 06:52 PM
    What's the difference between the 2 spec wise? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-14 06:55 PM
    What's the difference between the 2 spec wise? Just curious

Contemplating on giving the classic a try..

12-18-14 06:56 PM
    The price is reasonable considering the original price of the Q10, Z30, when the were released. I'd pay that much if I didn't already have the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 06:58 PM
    Passport may have lower specs but it is well optimized, a phone will instantly load up a program, then what? Add bigger numbers on sheet to sell.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-18-14 07:11 PM
    The Classic is a 150-200$ phone, going by the current market realities.
    Exactly my words when I first got Q10 in my hands. I didn't pay $699 for it of course, I'm not crazy. As a whole package all BlackBerry phones are extremely overpriced and it's one of the reasons why the company is gradually disappearing. And it really doesn't matter how much they spend on development, manufacturing and marketing. It does matter how much the product they create is worth.

Google may end BlackBerry's agony with just one move - implement HUB-like notifications in Android. HUB is the only reason for me to still use a BlackBerry phone. I'm ready to pay up to $200 for this feature. BlackBerry may have spent $200.000 per phone to make it out of unobtainium, but I'm not going to pay more than $200 for it. That's it, sorry.
    MarsupilamiX and Maxxxpower like this.
    12-18-14 07:15 PM
    I paid 600 bucks for my passport and it was the easiest purchase I made for a phone.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-18-14 07:24 PM
    I paid 600 bucks for my passport and it was the easiest purchase I made for a phone.
    That's fine, you are among 0.25% of mobile products customers that made similar decision. Other 0.25% are corporate customers and they got BlackBerry product much cheaper.
    12-18-14 07:44 PM
    Two year old specs deserve $200 price tag!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and tw1g_007 like this.
    12-18-14 07:54 PM
    That's fine, you are among 0.25% of mobile products customers that made similar decision. Other 0.25% are corporate customers and they got BlackBerry product much cheaper.
    Show me the source of these numbers here, I am interested.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-18-14 07:54 PM
    Two year old specs deserve $200 price tag!

Posted via CB10
    My video card is 3 years old yet out performance most latest video cards today. Even after three years it sells for 300 bucks, three year old video card.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-18-14 07:58 PM
    I think 449.00 is a fair price for the device and when you here folks like Kevin O leary who has been using a pre released device for a while telling folks it is exactly what they have been asking for, I think it will be well received in the corporate sector, only time will tell.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    12-18-14 08:03 PM
    What a joke.

Sure I'm not one of those people OVERLY obsessed with specs but when they are not priced appropriately, it becomes an issue. I really want to like this phone but it's just drawback after drawback preventing me from making a solid purchase.

* Tool belt issues.

Before BlackBerry gets my hard earned money on the Classic, I will need price reductions to roughly $250 minimum. Guess I will be sticking with the Z10 for a little longer.

via CB10 - CH(s): (C0012477B , C003B32E9) - OS 10.2 Rogers

So don't buy it then. Simple.
    12-18-14 08:06 PM
    What a joke.

* Tool belt issues.

via CB10 - CH(s): (C0012477B , C003B32E9) - OS 10.2 Rogers
    Play the lottery or buy AAPL

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:13 PM
    Show me the source of these numbers here, I am interested.
    We can't post links to external sources here, I believe. Just Google "BlackBerry market share". For Q2 2014 it's about 0.6%, expected to drop to 0.3% by 2018 (if not faster). About half are corporate users, some companies here and there still use BIS and BlackBerry devices. The other half are customers like you, ready to pay high price for a small package. I don't have the numbers for Q4 2014, but if the global market share is 0.5% now, your decision to purchase BlackBerry device falls in 0.25% of all private customers.
    12-18-14 08:18 PM
    So don't buy it then. Simple.
    Right on point Bla1ze.

It seems that some people think that blackberry should specifically cater to their single person needs and opinions. At the end of the day if Blackberry does not make a device you like at the price point you like then tough luck, go find a phone that works best for you and move on with your life.
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-18-14 08:24 PM
    We can't post links to external sources here, I believe. Just Google "BlackBerry market share". For Q2 2014 it's about 0.6%, expected to drop to 0.3% by 2018 (if not faster). About half are corporate users, some companies here and there still use BIS and BlackBerry devices. The other half are customers like you, ready to pay high price for a small package. I don't have the numbers for Q4 2014, but if the global market share is 0.5% now, your decision to purchase BlackBerry device falls in 0.25% of all private customers.
    Dude with all due respect but what are you saying? So I spend 600 bucks and you are putting me in a category based on shares? What?

I wanted the passport, I did not care what people said about it and willingly donated 600 bucks for it because the software and decide intrigued me. And till this date I couldn't be any happier after tossing my iPhone.

How do u know I am just customer or a business owner? Or does it matter?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-18-14 08:24 PM
    Then grab your $800.00 and go buy an iPhone 6.
    Same boring OS, 1 million useless apps, 8mp rear camera, and the list goes on.
    But the tin can looks good! Wannabe!
    They are $650.00 unlocked from all carriers (16gb model)

I can argue BB10 is boring as well. Other than the new led notifications, what's exciting about it? It's closed down just as much as iOS.

BB10 has even less apps, and more useless apps that cost an absurd amount.

It doesn't matter about megapixels...it's about the sensor and software improvements. Which BB have none at all.

I've been with my Z10 more than a year now, all I have seen are slow software improvements. Remember waiting for 10.2? Good times. It took them a year just to get to 10.3, and there's nothing to show for it except led notifications and 0 improvements. In-fact, they took away some functionality from 10.2.

BB needs to desperately step their game up, they are honestly too slow to the market.

I can't believe I've had my Z10 for a year, I kept waiting and waiting for better updates. Nothing improved. Nothing will change the crappy battery on the Z10, the random bricking, or just random hardware problems (my mic died) others have experienced.

BB fanboys just gonna keep being biased even when you show the problems in their face.

That one person with 4-5 phones....wtf? Are you not able to transfer some of your doucuments to the other phones?
    tw1g_007 likes this.
    12-18-14 08:26 PM
    It's $50 on contract.
    A 2-year contract means your monthly phone service has a built-in (not line-item-listed) $20/month fee to pay back your phone subsidy. Of that $480 ($20 x 24 months), up to $450 is applied to the price of the phone, and any overage is what you pay up-front as the down-payment. So, "$50 on contract" is essentially the same as $500 outright. The fact that you can actually buy the phone for $450 outright means the contract price is further screwing you for an extra $50 (because they're only applying $400 of the $480 they'll collect from you on your monthly bill towards the cost of the phone - the rest they pocket as pure profit).

Contracts are no bargain!
    vbdwork, bakron1 and bruce73 like this.
    12-18-14 08:26 PM
    How do u know I am just customer or a business owner?
    I have no business partners calling me "dude", so I believe you're not a corporate customer. But even if you are, your decision still falls in 0.25-0.30% given half are corporate users and the other half... "dudes". In other words, there are very few mobile devices customers willing to pay the price BlackBerry is asking. And that explains why the company is in current situation. Just not competitive enough.

A 2-year contract means your monthly phone service has a built-in (not line-item-listed) $20/month fee to pay back your phone subsidy.
    Of course! Some people don't understand it though. $50 is like a down payment only, then you pay for it every month. My $54/month plan goes up to $75/month with a $50 phone on 2-years contract.
    12-18-14 08:32 PM
    My video card is 3 years old yet out performance most latest video cards today. Even after three years it sells for 300 bucks, three year old video card.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    Um, "most" latest cards? You mean from the lower end? Because the latest high end cards today are like twice as fast as the high end cards 3 years ago or more, and those sold for close to $1000 (and were way overpriced) at the time and the costs of video cards actually do weird things, they are expensive, then they dip, then they go back up. I just bought a Radeon HD 7950 which was the high end card maybe around a year and a half ago, and I got it for $120 shipped. No way I will pay $300 for something twice as old as that. I hope it washed your dishes as well for that price...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-18-14 08:33 PM
    Um, "most" latest cards? You mean from the lower end? Because the latest high end cards today are like twice as fast as the high end cards 3 years ago or more, and those sold for close to $1000 (and were way overpriced) at the time and the costs of video cards actually do weird things, they are expensive, then they dip, then they go back up. I just bought a Radeon HD 7950 which was the high end card maybe around a year and a half ago, and I got it for $120 shipped. No way I will pay $300 for something twice as old as that. I hope it washed your dishes as well for that price...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Msi r6950 twin frozr ii 2gb gddr5 pci e

Card runs all games up to date. Companies use the sheet number for sales but really the right motherboard is where it starts.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-18-14 08:43 PM
    Based on my experience with trying out a BlackBerry Classic in person, I'd say $450 is a steal. It runs Temple Run 2 at 60fps and runs Netflix flawlessly (install Snap 3rd party app store).

Maybe the specs are underpowered compared to an iPhone, but this is a Ferrarized Bold 9900 supercar.
    12-18-14 08:48 PM
297 ... 45678 ...