You sure!?!???

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-18-14 01:23 PM
    They won't be. I don't think. But I always wanted a white Bold and this is as close as I'll get ever.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    You know if you buy it, that makes you responsible right? You have to carry it among the other 4 in your bag? Or are you going to drop the windows phone?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-18-14 01:24 PM
    You sure!?!???

You respond with a different phone after 2 minutes? That's kinda weird.

I'm pretty sure not even the president is important enough to need 4 phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:26 PM
    You know if you buy it, that makes you responsible right? You have to carry it among the other 4 in your bag? Or are you going to drop the windows phone?

I'll be cycling the Lumia. Can't drop the iPhone, that's my daily driver. And my Note's got my Google stuff. Leaves the Lumia and Classic to cycle.

12-18-14 01:26 PM
    I'll be cycling the Lumia. Can't drop the iPhone, that's my daily driver. And my Note's got my Google stuff. Leaves the Lumia and Classic to cycle.

Interesting, pretty much reflects how these platforms are doing in the market.

eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-18-14 01:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    But president's smartphone advisor might.

12-18-14 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10

Never said I was important. Just obsessed.
    I'm on a teleconference which will run an hour and I'm using my iPhone for that and my Lumia and Note for the forums. My SG5 from work is charging.
    12-18-14 01:32 PM
    But president's smartphone advisor might.

LOL!!!!! that was a good chuckle.😃
    12-18-14 01:34 PM
    Interesting, pretty much reflects how these platforms are doing in the market.

Pretty much for me.
    12-18-14 01:35 PM
    I had a good old Mark Levinson Ml2 with its meager 25 watts per channel. Yet that's the only one that can drive the Apogee speakers with authority. All those other high specs include those with 500Watts per channel fail miserably. That's why those new spiny Amp/Receiver with all these fancy specs and features are crap.

Don't buy the specs. Buy what you use it for.
    12-18-14 01:37 PM
    I had a good old Mark Levinson Ml2 with its meager 25 watts per channel. Yet that's the only one that can drive the Apogee speakers with authority. All those other high specs include those with 500Watts per channel fail miserably. That's why those new spiny Amp/Receiver with all these fancy specs and features are crap.

Don't buy the specs. Buy what you use it for.
    So you presented a corner case where a theory failed miserably, based on it, you disqualified it as a viable solution to a problem even though the solution may work for most other cases?

Better specs doesn't mean better performance, but it usually does, especially when comparing between BB10 phones.
    12-18-14 01:55 PM
    Why do people continuously make this mistake and compare specs to price something??? I mean, if you date someone, you don't only go for looks. If you buy a car, you want the experience, no the size of the engine. OP, that is the biggest mistake one can do. Cause when you use the phone, you're not interacting with the specs, you're interacting with the OS. 10.3.1 is a huge, huge leap vs 10.0 that came out with the Q10. And if you think OS development is free, then you live on another planet. Sometime I wish that OS upgrades cost something, like they used to be (and still are with windows), so that people really appreciate the work the software engineers puts into it. Now, with free OS updates, lots of people became "spoiled" and takes for granted that OS is worthless.
    12-18-14 04:35 PM
    So you presented a corner case where a theory failed miserably, based on it, you disqualified it as a viable solution to a problem even though the solution may work for most other cases?

Better specs doesn't mean better performance, but it usually does, especially when comparing between BB10 phones.
    No, I present a case that specs alone don't justify performance. On smart phone, specs (hardware) and OS (software) complement each other. The phone performance (as in any system performance) should be measured end to end. Does it meet your requirements? How long does it take to load, how fast does it work. All of those are what you are looking for not specs. Specs do not make your phone calls sound clear.
    12-18-14 05:12 PM
    If you are unwilling to pay the price, $449.99, for the classic then don't spend the money on it. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to do so. This has been said many times on crackberry that this device is targeted at enterprise users who are not paying full price for the phone in the first place. I can only talk from my experience with Verizon in that there is on contract price that is paid per device. With the Classic selling at $449.99 at full price and the Bold selling at $499.99 at full price, then I expect the Classic to come in at below $150 for those are on an enterprise/business deal with Verizon. So you see, from an enterprise/business perspective the Classic is at a good price point.
    Bbnivende and thymaster like this.
    12-18-14 05:46 PM
    450 is a fair price. I will do 450. In white.

Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    You gonna buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-14 05:49 PM
    When you consider the cost for a crummy Iphone...I say $449 is a heck of a deal.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    12-18-14 05:52 PM
    You gonna buy one?

Me? Yup. I loved the look of the white 9900 which of course never came to AT&T so this will be as close as I am able to get to that.

In white. Yup. I will get one. Price d is right too. Sub 500 bucks.

12-18-14 05:53 PM
    Me? Yup. I loved the look of the white 9900 which of course never came to AT&T so this will be as close as I am able to get to that.

In white. Yup. I will get one. Price d is right too. Sub 500 bucks.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    Price is very fair. Just not sure I need a second phone cause I know I can't give up my i6 lol!

12-18-14 05:55 PM
    Price is very fair. Just not sure I need a second phone cause I know I can't give up my i6 lol!

Yah this will be on my third line. My primary is my iPhone 6.

12-18-14 05:56 PM
    Yes you are correct OP.
    The Classic is indeed overpriced.
    It's massively underspecced.
    Every similarly specced phone retails for 200-300$ less.
    The market for such a device isn't big.

Now we add the legendary and inexistant BlackBerry after sale support, the inexistant ecosystem, the inexistant native apps, the inexistant business apps (custom or in BBW/Amazon) and the relative value of the Classic gets even further diminished.

The Classic is a 150-200$ phone, going by the current market realities. So, simply said, BlackBerry asks 100% more than anyone else, without any good reason.

But I think that you are forgetting an important point, dear OP.
    You are on a BlackBerry fansite. By definition, most fans are biased.
    So you could try to explain it in a hundred different ways that the Classic is overpriced, and they still wouldn't accept it.

You could point out, that enterprise customers are price sensitive because those companies don't have money to waste.
    And that those guys could just buy 200$ Android phones for their employees as fleet phones. Said Android phones would also have access an actual ecosystem and apps.

You could also point out that the market for keyboard phones will be smaller than 0.5% this year, so everyone who expects the Classic to sell well, doesn't understand the market at all.

You could then try to explain them, that BlackBerry has lost their dominant position in the enterprise sector (as a smartphone vendor) years ago already and that Android and iOS dominate that space now (with Apple having the most dominant position nowadays).

You could also talk about BlackBerry's enterprise history and that their "mainstream" success (back in the day where selling 10 million smartphones a year actually was a lot) only happened because of their cheaper 250$ Curve line, but definitely not thanks to their 700$ Bolds.

But as I said in the beginning already, none of those things mean anything, to the fanboys.
    They see the word BlackBerry on a phone, and their mind seems to go crazy and to completely ignore market realities and facts (which is not better than the often mentioned iSheep in these forums).

Also.... Let's be honest here: BlackBerry needs those guys. BlackBerry needs mindless fanboys who actively want to pay 450$ for a phone, that wouldn't even have been worth that, 2 years ago.
    So, let's just enjoy the show. Let's just laugh when the next quarterly report comes out, because we knew it all along.
    Let's just laugh at all those silly arguments (or lack thereof), the fanboys will try to use, to explain why the Classic is worth that amount of money.
    And then let's just laugh again, because we know that the Playbook, the Z10, the Q10, the Q5 and the Z30 were already overpriced and didn't sell well, even though the fanboys declared them as rightly priced for their specs and capabilites.

In the end, ignorance is still bliss for fanboys.
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 12-18-14 at 07:00 PM.
    12-18-14 05:56 PM
    facts:

1, legacy devices are not officially supported for 6 or more months since 10.3 release
    2, they dont make profit on legacy devices at this point, its just to break even or just lose less than not selling them at all
    3, you cant keep up developing the OS by only making like $10 on a phone just because you compare it to devices that have been discontinued
    4, theres still r&d costs involved, costs of setting up a manufacturing line and so on
    5, hardware is still not the same as the q10, the soc is but thats it, new antenna, bigger lcd screen, bigger battery, new design, premium materials and so on

i really dont care to further explain that the soc itself isnt the main pricing factor, at this point i would just suggest getting an android phone because you dont even want to accept that there are other costs than just the soc. go and sell your own phones with your own os and price it at the cost of the HW ONLY +10-20% and we'll see how long you survive
    To say it simply:
    If BlackBerry is one of the only manufacturers, who is unable to price their devices correctly, then they are simply uncompetitive.

As a customer, it's not my job to think about how BlackBerry makes money and stays in the business. That is their job.
    So if everyone has more or less acceptable specs for their phones and the price of their products, except for BlackBerry, then they are uncompetitive.
    Such a manufacturer will usually leave the marketplace sooner or later.

If BlackBerry has other costs than their SoC, doesn't change that.
    I can get a 300$ Android phone, which destroys the Classic performance-wise. Ecosystem-wise and app-wise.
    At 200$, the same applies...

It's not my job to ensure BlackBerry's survival, through paying a 100% premium, for an uncompetitive phone.
    Actually, one major reason for BlackBerry's current situation, is that they sold overpriced but underspecced phones for years.
    The average customer is dumb, but not that dumb.
    vbdwork and Maxxxpower like this.
    12-18-14 06:09 PM
    Blackberry just needs to make their factory workers work 18 days straight with little sleep like apple does. Then we could have our $200 phones.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30540538

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 06:26 PM
    Specs do not make your phone calls sound clear.
    Uhm...

Right.... because having a high quality earpiece speaker, and software optimizations like "Natural Sound" don't make phone calls sound clear...

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 06:27 PM
    Software and hardware go hand in hand.

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3 - WIND Mobile
    DYLANHABKIRK and slagman5 like this.
    12-18-14 06:28 PM
    1. been 4 months and yesterday during the Q&A they said it would come in february, thats 6 months lol.
    2. the q10 costs so much more than a slice of bread, therefore its expensive with your logic. producing a new product still involves a lot of extra costs even if you dont want to accept that
    3. at this point i doubt you want them to get any profit on them, also you still only compare the SoC. you have no idea (neither do I) about the actual costs to develop the OS, add support for a new component, the trackpad in EVERY. SINGLE. APP and so on
    4. right because adding a trackpad from the ground up is easy just because they had such more than 3 years ago on a completely different os... right. adding new components DO HAVE a high R&D cost, especially if you have to add support for it everywhere from the ground up
    5. q10 "glass"weave is just as well plastic, sorry to disappoint. the bezel is stainless steel, the camera "door" on the back is glass etc. also theres difference between plastic and plastic lmao. samsung uses the highest grade plastic for their phones used in space research, i guess you still call that cheap plastic, yet its really not and costs more than the steel back of a htc one... also, the classic uses corning gorilla glass, q10 uses normal glass...

call me a fanboy right, yet i have a galaxy s3, s4, xperia z and i even admitted that i wouldnt buy a classic myself, but you are just a clueless troll who have no idea how hardware manufacturing and software development works. just because you claim the soc is not new it wont make the cost of coming up with a new product using the old soc any less expensive, as coming up with a new product itself has a lot of costs, the hardware used is really just a minor part of it all

edit: i dont even care if its blackberry, apple, samsung or sony. im defending companies in general. just because you think something is expensive it wont make their costs any less. and i truly believe that they didnt overprice it by hundreds just to get some short term profit, it doesnt really how the company worked since john chen is in charge... free BES for small companies with the EZPass program or whatever it was called, exchanging iphones for passports, the passport itself which is probably the cheapest flagship blackberry ever produced and so on
    Admirable, but you are sadly misunderstanding something....
    Those manufacturers, no matter if Sony, Samsung, Apple or HTC all overprice their phones as well. Just not as mind-boggling like BlackBerry.
    If I buy a phone from a local Android manufacturer (Xiaomi, Huwei, OnePlus) I can get Samsung specs, with better performance (Cyanogenmod as the OS), for half the price.

Samsung, Sony, HTC or even Apple will have to step up their game, because the price war hasn't even fully started.
    You're complaining because people demand to not get ripped off, because they actually understand that 450$ for midrange hardware from 2013 (making it something along the lines of low-end specs in 2015), is ridiculous?

I will add to this, the iPhone 6 is only only duel core and 1.5 GB ram and it's going for $750. Mod should go tell Apple off that their phones are over priced and that he refuses to buy it. LOL.
    Until you realize that you get the following when you pay for an iPhone:
    The best CPU on the market, one of the best GPUs, the best customer and after sale support in the whole smartphone industry, the best ecosystem, the best app store, the highest quality apps on the market and not to forget, some prestige.

Therefore, 2 things are of note:
    Firstly, just because you don't understand what the iPhone specs mean, that doesn't make them bad. They are actually market leading in some areas.

Secondly, there are perks you get when you pay for an Apple phone, that are impossible to get with another product on the market.
    Apple's after sale support (or having the best ecosystem/app store in the whole industry) , is something you can't even buy with money from another manufacturer. That level of support is just inexistant, when we talk about other manufacturers.
    12-18-14 06:29 PM
297 ... 34567 ...