I've seen the video of how the Classic will allow shortcuts via keypresses. But, will the Classic allow for a press of the space bar and then a key to trigger shortcuts, as on BBOS with QuickLaunch? This would allow you to hold a key to access speed dials, and a space bar/key combo to access other functions, and allow the multiple use of a letter key, depending on your preferences. This would allow for a much wider use of shortcuts, in effect doubling the functionality of specific keys.
    12-07-14 03:11 PM
    I've posted about this a few times. It seems that people who used the old BBOS with quicklaunch really want these shortcut for bb10. While others don't really understand how useful those shortcut keys are.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:24 PM
    No. Although, what you should be able to do is, if you are on the home screen, long press any key to set it as a shortcut to launch any app or speed dial. By pressing any key once it will take you straight into universal search where you can use quick actions. To my knowledge, however, you can't have home screen shortcuts in place of universal search.

I would really like ShortcutMe/QuickLaunch too.
    12-07-14 03:27 PM
    I've posted about this a few times. It seems that people who used the old BBOS with quicklaunch really want these shortcut for bb10. While others don't really understand how useful those shortcut keys are.

Posted via CB10
    No need to categorize people that way. I used BBOS before too, and even then found universal search more useful. Because with the shortcuts, you're launching an app, then you have to perform a search. While with universal search you search and the extended search option will launch the app and perform the search in one step. Obviously not every app you need to search something, but often that's the only time I need to get into an app is to look something up. Apps that I launch often without searching I placed in the one visible row of apps.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-07-14 05:28 PM
    Anything to make phone use quicker, I'm all for.

I tend to feel a couple quick clicks is faster than typing but when Classic arrives we'll find out for our selves how to cope.
    12-08-14 08:12 AM
    10.3.1 allows you to set shortcuts to the keys. You have to long press for the apps to open after you set the keys. I have it running on my Q10 now.

I'm one of those in the category where I despise universal search. I've always turned it off.
    12-08-14 08:46 AM
    10.3.1 allows you to set shortcuts to the keys. You have to long press for the apps to open after you set the keys. I have it running on my Q10 now.

I'm one of those in the category where I despise universal search. I've always turned it off.
    I'm glad to hear that. Long press shortcut keys were one of my favorite features on the 9650.
    12-08-14 10:24 AM