Good Morning forum,

I am new on the forum, but not new to BlackBerry. I have been using the bold 9900 since it came out, and have been using BB devices since the Pearl.

So I finally upgraded to the classic ( SQC100-3, running I' have found workarounds for most the the known issues.

The issue- I have the dreaded "setup not complete" when attempting to set up with link. It's apparently a known issue. with the OS, and restarting. I have gone through the menus multiples times, and the gestures until all things have a check mark next to them, and all functions working. ( i have had it 6 months and due this regularly)

So i have to erase it all to default and try again?

I think I can use link to " switch it to my bold" and wipe the device. With only losing minimal settings/info. I have a 3rd part app for everything else. Is this going to actually fix the problem, should I try another classic?

Looking for advice,
    11-06-17 12:53 PM
    There is no switching between a BOLD and a Classic using LINK.

If this is a known issue.... is wiping the devices a known fix?

If it were me, I'd download the latest autoloader and use that to wipe/reinstall the OS. Most of my data and apps are synced to the web, so backing up is just precautionary and not require for restoring. Ultimate Backup takes care of the rest, along with me having all the Accounts and Passwords ready.
    11-06-17 01:28 PM
    I have read here on the forum that others have had the same issue, with the OS. But have not found many answers, some did a wipe and reinstall.

Where would I find the autoloader?

I don't think i have the apps backed up per say, other then connected with Playstore/ and BB app world. I was not sure what would happened, when I first switched Link took data from my old bold and some of it transfered, notes, contacts, etc. Of course none of the settings but with a new OS I did not expect them to. I also have Ultimate Backup. I am new to this OS. But am hoping someone can inform me of solutions and options, Thank you
    11-06-17 01:49 PM
    11-06-17 02:09 PM