As you can see, the Blackberry Classic seems to sell well in Switzerland. At digitec, one of the largest online trader in our country, the classic is in the top 5 for weeks now. At the moment it is number 3, just behind iPhone 6 and samsung's s5. As well at other traders, the classic was sold out quick several times... So all in all, there is some reason to think, that the numbers here are quite well...

Attached Thumbnails Classic seems to sell well in Switzerland-unbenannt.jpg   Classic seems to sell well in Switzerland-unbenannt2.jpg  
    02-04-15 11:15 AM
    Awesome news!!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 11:40 AM
    I am in Zurich at the moment and I have not seen that many  users

Posted Via CB10 from my Z10 Running OS10.3.1.1949
    02-04-15 11:48 AM
    Can you get the Classic in carrier stores in Switzerland? If not, its like the Passport on Amazon. No carriers in the States had Passport so it stayed up in Amazon top ranks for awhile.

Good to see some exposure nonetheless.
    WT44 likes this.
    02-04-15 11:55 AM
    I just saw one passport in Bern in a shop. (not a carrier o ne). And I saw one woman with passport in a restaurant and no classic till now.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 12:14 PM
    Can you get the Classic in carrier stores in Switzerland? If not, its like the Passport on Amazon. No carriers in the States had Passport so it stayed up in Amazon top ranks for awhile.
    None of the three major carriers (Swisscom, Orange, Sunrise) are selling the Classic.
    Two of them, Swisscom and Sunrise, don't even have any BlackBerrys whatsoever - Orange has the Q10.
    WT44 likes this.
    02-04-15 12:40 PM
    I don't see them in carrier-Shops. Anyway, I think it's not a bad sign. It is the first BB10 that reached such a high ranking at digitec. In plus: I found out, that digitec is THE biggest online-dealer in Switzerland. So... No bad sign...
    02-04-15 01:51 PM
    What is encouraging as well is that nearly all online-dealer and as well a lot of stores have listed passport and classic. So I think they realize, that it is not the worst idea to have blackberry again in stock...
    02-04-15 01:53 PM
    In Switzerland there are not a lot of reasons to buy at a Major carrier. the subsidies are (nearly) zero, counted over the whole periof of contract. So I prefer to buy at free dealer that gives me the opportunity to change my phone whenever I want... And what I can observe is, that I'm not alone with this...
    02-04-15 03:05 PM
    So you see the Classic at your independent dealers as well? That would be a great sign.
    02-04-15 03:24 PM
    yes. at nearly every Independent dealer that Counts...
    02-04-15 04:08 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    thats great to hear! .. and with the newly released OS . will be even better!!!
    02-04-15 06:52 PM
    Let's hope it's like that all over the world

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 07:23 PM
    Hey man, I'm gonna be in Geneva in August, any places that I might get to buy Classic?!

Thanks a lot
    05-30-15 11:53 PM
    With all the FIFA scandal I'm pretty sure everyone is going to switch to BlackBerry for security now. Don't forget Big Brother (the NSA) is watching you...ahem...iToys and green martian.
    06-01-15 04:04 PM
    I'm currently running my Passport on Swisscom, as I did with my Q10 but I've bought both of them off-contract from a UK based store as I want the QWERTY layout instead of QWERTZ.

Carriers barely show any BlackBerry support here, however, I don't know when I've bought the last phone on contract in Switzerland so it doesn't really make a difference. As an existing customer, subsidies are rather unattractive and besides that I am switching my phones quite often so the wait would be too long for me anyway.

As for the sightings, I do see BlackBerry phones in Switzerland quite often, yet still not anywhere near the usual iPhones or Android devices. However, they are sticking around and I even know a couple of people owning one.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:36 PM
    Switzerland is not going to pull BlackBerry back from irrelevance. BlackBerry market share just dipped to 0.4% world wide. That's a 33% slide from the previous 0.6%.
    06-01-15 04:51 PM
    Switzerland is not going to pull BlackBerry back from irrelevance. BlackBerry market share just dipped to 0.4% world wide. That's a 33% slide from the previous 0.6%.
    Definitely a true statement. In addition, Switzerland is far from being a core market to BlackBerry. They're strongest in several South East Asian markets as well as in the Middle East and even there, the brand is largely disappearing.

It's sad to see but BlackBerry is really becoming obsolete, at least in the consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:59 PM
    I believe BlackBerry will survive, and possibly even thrive, although as a much scaled back entity. And for some of us, it matters not that there are fewer apps available than for iOS or Android. I don't play games on my phone and I'm not a big multimedia guy. The basics are fine for me and my needs, and I can usually find something in the Android marketplace if I need it, like the Starbucks app.
    06-01-15 05:03 PM