Hi Classic users,

I'm thinking of getting a Classic as a second phone, currently using PP SE. So my (silly) question is: does it take a nano sim as well and if so, is it just a matter of swapping the sim from one device to another to make it work? Can you confirm that I can import all my data (most importantly contacts, emails, txt, ringtones and notification settings) from the SE to the classic via Link? Or do I have to re-create all my accounts in the second device and set everything from scratch? Don't remember and too lazy to look for the info. Hence this new thread. Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

I love my SE but in some occasions I feel a Classic would be very handy, size-wise and efficiency'wise. I have used the Torch and Bold (and Z10) so the trackpad is not something that scares me. I miss my Bold but OS7 was very laggy in my experience.

Also I'm so used to the capacitive kb and virtual kb of the SE: how is the transition from PP to Classic to PP back and forth? Any OS version I should use, or not? What is your battery life with minimal app usage (1 Droid app I think, the rest comes from BBW) and mainly phone, text, emails. Browsing with native browser say 1-2hr per day as well, reading news and such but no video.

Would I be a happy camper?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    03-23-16 09:05 PM
    I switch regularly between the SE and the Classic. Classic has a tighter keyboard, and I find it more comfortable to type on. SE is more forgiving for sloppy precision though because of its larger keys and better autocorrect engine.

You can easily just swap SIM cards between the two device as they both use the same kind. Use Device Switch to switch most of your files and entries from one device to the other.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 11:52 PM
    Just try different things and see which you like more. Currently my daily driver is the Classic and the Passport is my at home companion for games, videos and browsing. The Classic is more of a phone and communications tool. But having said that there's no denying that both phones can do it all...it just depends what your preferences are.
    03-24-16 06:59 PM
    I change through both regularly. Classic is better to type on IMO. I love the Passport for the screen and use it when I know for sure I won't need wi-fi calling since it's only available on the classic out of the box.

I love both phones and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I use the Classic as the daily driver pretty much since I love the tool belt and one handed operation. The Passport, unless you have huge hands, can't be use one handed.

I think you can buy an app to back up your texts since they won't transfer over when you pop in the sim card.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-24-16 07:44 PM
    Thank you for your feedback. As I was passing by a phone booth tonight at the nearby mall I handled a Classic which was displayed. Just looking at it I thought how perfect it looked as a pure communication tool. Weight and balance were perfect, keyboard easy to readjust to, pocketable too, which is an important factors when you don't want a device that is too bulky on some occasions.. I haven't had a chance to test the speed of the browser because it wasn't connected to any network - those damned mall booths are too cheap - but I suppose it is as responsive as the one on my SE. I will definitely go back to a normal sized Rogers store to play with it a bit. But my mind is pretty much set. My only fear is that once I start using it, my SE will become the backup device and not the other way around. I miss my Bold 9900 but also love my SE. I'm conflicted in a good way, I guess.

04-22-16 09:09 PM
    Classic is absolutely awesome. Good choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 12:50 AM
    If you are willing to swap your sim regularly you should have another BBID because it should be works in one device only about your contacts, calender and notes you could add it to your email easily and will be available in your BlackBerry Classic

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 02:41 AM
    I switched from the Passport to the Classic after 1 year on the Passport. Still have both phones and I thought I might switch back and forth but there's no way I can go back to the Passport. The Classic is the perfect size and the perfect phone.
    04-23-16 09:40 AM
    I switched from the Passport to the Classic after 1 year on the Passport. Still have both phones and I thought I might switch back and forth but there's no way I can go back to the Passport. The Classic is the perfect size and the perfect phone.
    Apple Aya, I see you posting a lot about the Classic and the Passport. I was also in the same boat for awhile, constantly switching back and forth between the two devices. It always seemed though like I would be going back to the Classic. The Classic was so good that I eventually sent back the Passport. Photos are even better on the Classic I find: Passport photos were very blueish and grainy; they just had a strange subtle unwanted quality about them that the Classic doesn't have.

Sometimes, I think, wow this would be a nice time where having a Passport would make reading this webpage or document more convenient; but, there comes a point when the convenience just isn't worth it as the Passport then sucks me into a time-wasting Web browsing zombie. The Classic is honest, it encourages me to communicate, check whatever is important online, and then get on with my day.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9697770) likes this.
    04-23-16 11:30 AM
    Is CAD$220 a reasonable price for a new device locked to my network ?

04-24-16 09:14 AM
    Classic and passport SE both are giants

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 10:02 AM
    Is CAD$220 a reasonable price for a new device locked to my network ?
    Yes.

If I pick up a Classic that is locked to bell, it will cost me $499 CAD.
    Telus is wanting $550 for a Classic.
    Rogers appears to be $499 as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 10:35 PM
    Apple Aya, I see you posting a lot about the Classic and the Passport. I was also in the same boat for awhile, constantly switching back and forth between the two devices. It always seemed though like I would be going back to the Classic. The Classic was so good that I eventually sent back the Passport. Photos are even better on the Classic I find: Passport photos were very blueish and grainy; they just had a strange subtle unwanted quality about them that the Classic doesn't have.

Sometimes, I think, wow this would be a nice time where having a Passport would make reading this webpage or document more convenient; but, there comes a point when the convenience just isn't worth it as the Passport then sucks me into a time-wasting Web browsing zombie. The Classic is honest, it encourages me to communicate, check whatever is important online, and then get on with my day.

Posted via CB10
    Same here.
    I sold my passport and now use classic and this is my best BB!!!
    05-01-16 04:01 AM