I know it's a bit to much. But I want to get a classic to switch between my passport and the new classic.
    Now I have a question. I have a duo sim. Can I use my BlackBerry Word login on both phones?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 06:23 AM
    Yes. You can have your BB ID (which gives BB World access) active on both devices at the same time. However, you can only have BBM active on one at a time. When you open BBM on one, you'll be asked if you want to switch it to that device.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-07-16 07:58 AM
    Thanks. Was hoping that would be the case. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 08:00 AM
    Is it possible to have whatsapp on 2 devices using multi sims?
    02-11-16 06:54 AM
    Yes. You can have your BB ID (which gives BB World access) active on both devices at the same time. However, you can only have BBM active on one at a time. When you open BBM on one, you'll be asked if you want to switch it to that device.
    Bear in mind that you will lose all the conversations on BBM when you log in in the other device. I had that happen to me, maybe there is a work around to avoid that.
    02-11-16 09:24 AM
    Is it possible to have whatsapp on 2 devices using multi sims?
    As far as I know, Whatsapp is like BBM. Once the App recognised, that your account is active on another device, the older one deactivates automatically by itself.
    I do not know, if there is a workaround for this, but the official side does not support multi device login for mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 04:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Was just wondering if it's possible so that I won't lose my whatsapp messages in my second phone (an iPhone 6).

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 02:07 AM
    Here are facts about using Whatsapp on two devices or migrate your Whatsapp account to another BB10 device.

- Messaging is only active on one device
    - Chats, which are backupped, stays at the phone they are written on
    - in the progress of reactivation, you are able to use the old chat backups to restore them
    - you can back up your chats manually and transfer them to the other device to restore them there
    - you do not have to swap your SIM card to the other phone, but when you reactivate your whatsapp account on the other device you have to type in the phone number which is aligned with your account. If you use another number, you are not able to restore old chats.

So, you are able to use your chats written on phone A on phone B. But if needs a little effort, as you have to back up the chats manually, then copy your backup from /misc/whatsapp/backup to the same location on the other device (on BB10 for instance, do not know, where they are located on Android or iOS) and then install Whatsapp and activate it.

That are my experiences with this as I tried it with my Z10 and my dad's Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 06:48 AM
    Wow sounds a little too complicated for me as the iPhone doesn't allow me access to the files through iTunes.

Just have to forgo the old chats then. If I need to find something important I'll have to set the iPhone back as first phone for a while.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 07:52 AM