good morning all!

I bought my wife. Classic about a week ago. She had the Q10 and wanted a bit more phone. After a week of supper happy wife, she let our 8 month old play with the phone on the bed. She's done this a few times despite my warnings. Everything was fine until yesterday, my wife went to put the child to bed and noticed the screen was off.

We're not sure what she did, but it seems the screen has gone completely off. Is there a hardware keypad combo to turn the screen on/off ? Everything seems to work except the screen is just a black mirror.

I was able to take a backup, attempt to reload/restore the phone. Tried the volume up & down plus power hardware reset. The screen reader function is working snd so is the actual touch input on the screen and other buttons.

I even tried to call Blackberry. They're saying only the original purchaser of the phone holds the warranty with the distributor. As I bought the phone from a guy online I may not have the option. The phone is still covered under the warranty, but it has to be excercised through rogers and the buyer.

Any suggestions?
    01-18-15 06:42 AM
    If the guy who sold you the Classic is not willing to talk to Rogers, then the only way is probably to call Rogers on his behalf (after he agreed to this). I wouldn't spend too much time trying to fix this yourselves and eventually risk to run out of warranty. HTH

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 07:05 AM
    Thanks stefanbechen I already reached out to him. I'm hopeful he'll be helpful and go with me to get an exchange. I'd even pay him to go with if I had to.

I'm in the tech business so I know stuff can happen and goes wrong. I just feel there's an easy fix, just can't find it in Google yet.
    01-18-15 07:09 AM
    I fear you have done everything you can trying to fix the problem yourself. When hard-reset and even reloading the OS doesn't fix the problem, I have little faith there is anything you can do beyond opening the device to fix it on your own.

I do not know how that warranty stuff works in North America. However around here, if you get the receipt, or at least a copy of it, you can claim warranty of your own, since you have the proof of buying the phone. Is there any way you can get back to the original buyer to get his help claiming your warranty claim?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 07:16 AM
    A baby? I would check for slober damage. I know out frineds baby destroyed a Pandfa Bear collection of the GFs. Peed me off. Some of those were like $85.00 and after the kid was finished, thrown in the garbage as they were covered with slobber and marshmallow. Our fault mind you, but none the less, not manufactures warranty in our case. Best of luck.
    01-18-15 08:01 AM
    My wife says the baby was never chewing on the phone. It wasn't even wet when I got it and started working on it. Usually baby slobber leaves marks. Not this time.

Thanks though. Sorry to hear about your baby misadventures.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-18-15 08:05 AM