Screen went blank; was updating Snapchat, screen went into timeout while processing and now phone is frozen with the blank screen. It had about 75% battery remaining.

It does not reboot by holding top power button or up/down volume buttons. It is not recognized when I plug it into my computer. When I called it with my Q10, it rings as normal from the Q10 (meaning it does not go straight to voicemail) but Classic screen remains blank and makes no sound or vibration. No led or any lights come on.

Frozen stuck phone like this in the past with my Curves and then Q10 (which I am posting this on) I would always take out the battery, wait a few seconds and put it back in. Should I try to disassemble the Classic to do the same? I already have the bottom keyboard strip removed, would just need a miniature phillips screwdriver to get 2 screws to let me pull the back cover off and pull and put battery back in? Or is my phone dead? Or do I wait out the battery dying and trying to then charge and see if it is recognized/charging indicator lights up?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:03 PM
    I'd let your let battery die before starting to take apart the device.

Curious: will Blend work? Have you tried HDMI out?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    08-16-15 02:11 PM
    Moving thread back to Classic Forum where you posted your original thread.

Ask-A-Question is for guests and brand new members to post threads. Established members should select the most appropriate Forum when posting a new thread.

Please do not post duplicate threads in different Forums. If you'd like a thread moved, report your own post and say what you'd like done. Your request will be considered by a Moderator.

Sorry for the lecture. These are honest mistakes, so this is for others to read and learn from too.

Good luck with your frustrating problem! I'd agree with Conite. Sucks to sit around a wait, but that's a better choice than opening your device. After it dies an recharges, if nothing is better I'd try connecting to a PC again before doing anything more extreme.
    08-16-15 02:25 PM
    I'd let your let battery die before starting to take apart the device.

Curious: will Blend work? Have you tried HDMI out?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Thanks for your response. I tried Blend after my post and it does not connect, network error. SIP Error 480 - destination unavailable.

I don't have a Slimport Adapter to try the HDMI with my tv.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:29 PM
    Moving thread back to Classic Forum where you posted your original thread.

Ask-A-Question is for guests and brand new members to post threads. Established members should select the most appropriate Forum when posting a new thread.

Please do not post duplicate threads in different Forums. If you'd like a thread moved, report your own post and say what you'd like done. Your request will be considered by a Moderator.

Sorry for the lecture. These are honest mistakes, so this is for others to read and learn from too.

Good luck with your frustrating problem! I'd agree with Conite. Sucks to sit around a wait, but that's a better choice than opening your device. After it dies an recharges, if nothing is better I'd try connecting to a PC again before doing anything more extreme.
    Thank you. I did edit the other post before any replies in this one and asked a mod to close thread so that it wouldn't be a duplicate posts with people commenting, and a mod closed it. I just felt people looking to help are more likely to go to Ask A Question section.

Looks like I'll have to wait it out, frustrating with this battery life it will be awhile I'm imagining since it's idle.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:34 PM
    Battery died out, was able to charge and turn back on. Thanks for the help, Elite1 you can close the thread.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-16-15 09:06 PM
    Nice ending

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-16-15 09:12 PM
    Nice ending

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    Thank you, I was pretty concerned when Google search results showed similar blank screen issues that resulted in having to get replacement phones but glad that was not the case for me.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-17-15 02:12 PM
    Thank you, I was pretty concerned when Google search results showed similar blank screen issues that resulted in having to get replacement phones but glad that was not the case for me.

Posted with my  Classic
    Did all these people got this problem after updating snapchat like you?
    Or why did it happen to them?

PS yes, one of the reasons why we loved our BB's to have a removeable battery. Take it out and solved without having to wait multiple hours before the phone battery is at 0%.
    08-17-15 02:31 PM
    Did all these people got this problem after updating snapchat like you?
    Or why did it happen to them?

PS yes, one of the reasons why we loved our BB's to have a removeable battery. Take it out and solved without having to wait multiple hours before the phone battery is at 0%.
    Not Snapchat, but after updating OS' were the bulk of what I saw. I don't want to overstate the problem, it wasn't a ton of cases

Posted with my  Classic
    08-17-15 08:14 PM