I have a recently acquired unlocked Classic from Amazon, and its been randomly restarting here and there... no real degree of regularity, but enough for me to notice. Sometimes it happens at night, sometimes during the day. I'm 100% sure I'm not pushing the top button causing the restart. I would say 99% of the restarts happen sitting at my desk at work, or on my nightstand at home, while some restarts happen when using the device.

I'm running software 10.3.1.779 is this an optimal version of 10.3? I'm leery of upgrading as I see some issues with the upgrades like battery life draining among others.

For the software Pro's out there.... what software version is best to run for stability on the classic?

Any and all help appreciated!
    05-02-15 04:26 PM
    I'm on att and have used 10.3.1.821 and now using 10.3.2.500. Both have run well on my Classic. 10.3.2.500 is a bit more responsive. But the battery life seems the same on both (it's excellent). I've not experienced restarts on either version. My Z10 used to experience them from time to time.

It's worth noting that I don't have any third party apps installed except the Crackberry app. It's always possible that a 3rd party app you have installed is causing the problem as well. You could try Un installing them and add one back at a time until you experience a reboot. If it happens without any apps installed it could still be a software or hardware issue. With my Z10 I honestly believe it was hardware because I experienced accross all versions of the OS. But I've had great luck with the Classic so far so I'd try a software fix first.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 09:01 AM