I am a Verizon Priv owner since the first week of issuance. Formally a Storm user. Priv is a nice unit but I never could commit to the small keyboard. I am looking to go old school and pickup a Classic on Ebay. If there are other sources other than Craiglist? I am open to suggestions. I am looking for a Classic with an OS 10.3.2.2876 or similar so I can upload Google Play Store. When I ask Ebay sellers to confirm the specific OS they only respond it is OS 10. I assume if it is pre OS 10.3 Google Play will not function. Am I over thinking this? Recommendations welcomed.

Also I have read where some BB software for the Classic is disappearing and others will no longer be upgraded. Is is safe to say the Classic will be a workable phone for say 4 yrs. on Verizon.

Thank you in advance.
    11-22-16 07:31 PM
    Not sure where you live but we were wondering through best buy tonight and I was looking at phones. Actually just to see if any bb out there. there was none. So my wife says you have any Blackberry phones? Worker say yes 2 Classics on Bell. I said oh they are still pretty pricey and he goes to check. Anyway I walked out with brand new Classic for 299.99. I really didn't need a phone as my q10 was good now I changed the keyboard. just need a nano sim and should be flying. Updating the os as I type on the computer. there would not be so many errors if I was using my phone to type this
    11-22-16 07:51 PM
    It doesn't matter what the OS on the phone is you buy - you can install whatever OS you want and I'd recommend doing that as soon as you get it anyways to be sure nothing is left behind from the previous owner using an autoloader. You can also buy them on amazon and other sites too. Not sure where you live to only be using ebay or craigslist. Have you looked through the marketplace here? I've bought many a phone from other members with no issues.
    11-22-16 07:58 PM
    Try and get a blue one
    Classic Recommendations-img_20161116_001814.jpg

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    11-22-16 08:07 PM
    I love my classic but its slow as snail comparing with passport. If u will use it basically for txting email and some work stuffs yeah for me 3-4 yrs I agree

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 12:56 AM
    You can find some really great deals on eBay for Classics. I bought mine there as an open box new device and I haven't had a single issue.

Before purchasing, review the steps for installing a new OS version using Sachesi available here on the forums. I'm running ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.2876, which is considerably higher than the Verizon 10.3.2 release of 558, and also includes the software adjustment for some of the double typing issues for QWERTY devices.

Once you find one, install the new OS, and enjoy a great device.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 06:34 AM
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I realize the Classic is not on par with the current smartphones including my Priv. Just looking to go old school with a good business phone.

rthonpm - I did a search under Sachesi and there are numerous posts. Would you or someone else be able to confirm the specific link for installing the new OS.

Thank you
    11-23-16 09:35 AM
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I realize the Classic is not on par with the current smartphones including my Priv. Just looking to go old school with a good business phone.

rthonpm - I did a search under Sachesi and there are numerous posts. Would you or someone else be able to confirm the specific link for installing the new OS.

Thank you
    for basic needs go for it just dont expect it to be as fluid as passport and priv

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 10:23 AM

Thank you
    You can just pop in your sim and set up the device.
    Next search for an update for the OS.
    ( if you don't get an notification to do so ) then download and install.
    11-24-16 06:48 PM
    Ok just purchased a Classic on Ebay, which will arrive in a few days. Will update the OS immediately upon receipt. I assume I will still need to install the BB update : Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2, in order to install Google Play Store as per Cobalts process. Or will this already be part of the current OS update.
    11-29-16 02:21 PM
    Ok just purchased a Classic on Ebay, which will arrive in a few days. Will update the OS immediately upon receipt. I assume I will still need to install the BB update : Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2, in order to install Google Play Store as per Cobalts process. Or will this already be part of the current OS update.
    You will still have to download and install Android Runtime from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation
    11-29-16 05:34 PM
    Hello,

Have the Classic in hand. Updated the OS to 10.3.2.858. Opened the Blackberry Runtime for Android url and downloaded, but the install is stuck on "Initializing, Please Wait". Re-booted the phone but no change. Any suggestions.
    12-01-16 10:54 PM
    You've installed a runtime you don't need: unless you're running 10.3.2.2876 you don't need the runtime update. At this point just use Sachesi and install the production 10.3.3 OS which also fixes that problem. Verizon likely won't be releasing that update anytime soon.
    12-05-16 03:35 PM