I do, yes. That is the one I was referencing. I just accidentally put it under the wrong header. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok, lol. Hey, it wouldn't be the first time someone mentioned an app assuming it wasn't on BB10. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-02-15 09:37 PM
    Oh ok, lol. Hey, it wouldn't be the first time someone mentioned an app assuming it wasn't on BB10. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Haha. You're definitely right about that. Blackberry is dead right? They don't make phones anymore. Lolz

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:45 PM
    Sorry, one other question about the camera/video:

camera - how are some of the shots in mid-low light setting and the focus?
    video - again same in a mid/low light, and does it include like a "stabilizer" option? I remember it had it on the q10, but when the mode was activated, i believe the flash and few other features were disabled until you shot in the regular mode.

Thanks man.
    01-03-15 12:13 AM
    Can you post screenshot of the browser, some applications (like maps, bank account, news etc), some games?

Thanks
    01-03-15 12:38 AM
    Sorry, one other question about the camera/video:

camera - how are some of the shots in mid-low light setting and the focus?
    video - again same in a mid/low light, and does it include like a "stabilizer" option? I remember it had it on the q10, but when the mode was activated, i believe the flash and few other features were disabled until you shot in the regular mode.

Thanks man.
    The camera really doesn't seem any better than any of the other 8mp BB10 cameras. The only thing that has changed is the picture taking experience because of the UI changes in 10.3.1. You now have a dedicated picture taking button and you can tap on the screen for better focusing, much like iOS and Android. I will say that it does seem a bit better and this feature helps but when you go to actually snap the picture, it's still slow.

Here are a few pictures I took over the past week.

Video - No, there isn't a stabilizer option. You can turn the light on or off while filming though if it's too dark, and of course take pictures while filming video. You can even use the image enhancer feature by tapping on the desired location on the screen to refocus, and then snap the picture while filming.

Classic Questions - If you're on the fence.-img_20141221_220955.jpg

Classic Questions - If you're on the fence.-img_20141223_100854.jpg

Classic Questions - If you're on the fence.-img_20141226_143136.jpg

Classic Questions - If you're on the fence.-img_20150103_103737.png

Classic Questions - If you're on the fence.-img_20150103_103814.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Classic Questions - If you're on the fence.-img_20141226_144659.jpg  
    gqmovement and ponpiri like this.
    01-03-15 10:41 AM
    Be advised, I also still have the plastic thing that goes across the camera lens from when I bought it, so this may affect some of the sharpness. waiting to get a case before I take it off.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:42 AM
    Be advised, I also still have the plastic thing that goes across the camera lens from when I bought it, so this may affect some of the sharpness. waiting to get a case before I take it off.

Posted via CB10
    Dang.
    In the box was there a holster pouch or just phone? Dang hate having a naked phone at times.
    01-03-15 11:00 AM
    No. No holster. yeah, I do too. Doing my utmost to protect it.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:04 AM
    Nice thread, thank you!
    01-03-15 12:25 PM
    Sounds great... But does the power button light up?

From a Z30
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-03-15 01:34 PM
    Sounds great... But does the power button light up?

From a Z30
    It does while the power is on. I'm having the same problem as other people where the light doesn't come on when the power is off while it's supposed to be charging. I haven't verified whether it is actually charging or not when the LED light is off.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:45 PM
    Yo,

How are some of the non-native apps run? (Instagram, snapchat, soundhound,)
    Also, I want to run a lot more of the productivity apps (evernote, documents2go)
    Also, with bb taking down Flash player on the new OS, does this impact a lot of the apps/websites?? How does it run?

Much helps, thanks.
    So you know, SoundHound is a native application on BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:40 PM
    Thank you for explaining the difference between the two devices.

when I bought the Q10 it felt a bit like I was going back in time. If that makes sense? It felt like an old phone, but I loved the keyboard.

I now have the 6plus and note 4, but I feel like something is missing. To me, a keyboard makes such a big difference as I use my phones for texting, what's app, viber etc. And let's be honest, Apple and Samsung can not compete with blackberry when it comes to email. So those two are the main reasons to why I want to go back to BB.

I have not seen the classic or the passport in real life, so I've only googled them to try to compare the two but it is difficult to decide, especially when it comes to the passport and it's size.

If the passport had the classic keyboard it would have been a simple choice because of the specs that comes with it. Is the keyboard something that you get used over time? to me it looks a bit odd.
    Noticed that you mentioned you are using the iphone 6+ and note 4 right now. I had the iphone 6, iphone 6 +, blackberry passport and sold all of them and settled with the classic after trying all of them. I reckon that if you are a pixel peeper, the difference in resolution between the iphone 6/6+ and note 4 vs classic might bother you. I noticed the difference when compared side by side or interchanging them. Once I settled on using only the classic, it didn't bother me as much, in fact not at all. Screen resolution on the passport is fantastic though. The keyboard on the passport is something that you will get used to after a week or so. But the one on the classic makes you feel like ure right at home especially if u used to use the bold 9900. I didn't think there was a difference carrying the iphone 6+ vs the blackberry passport in terms of the size. If u have no issues in carrying the note 4 and iphone 6+, I don't see any problem using the passport. In terms of performance, coming from the iphone 6+ and passport, you do notice a slight difference in speed when opening apps but it didn't bother me that much ( after awhile)

I chose the classic over all the other devices simply because of how it handles communication ( text, whatsapp, bbm and email) very well, quick shortcuts, size for one-handed usage and BlackBerry hub. The usual apps that I use ( instagram, Strava, news app, evernote,grabtaxi, twitter, vscocam, Google map) works well. I have to agree that despite sideloading snap, you won't be able to get all the apps or latest app out there ( the apps may be available on snap app store but may or may not function well). I had a friend who enjoys the passport experience but simply cannot give up the convenience of having working apps at his finger tips, so he sold the passport within a week and went back to his iphone 6.

Hope u do settle with either one of the devices in the end!

*sorry for the lengthy post!!

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 and MFBB2012 like this.
    01-03-15 11:05 PM
    Noticed that you mentioned you are using the iphone 6+ and note 4 right now. I had the iphone 6, iphone 6 +, blackberry passport and sold all of them and settled with the classic after trying all of them. I reckon that if you are a pixel peeper, the difference in resolution between the iphone 6/6+ and note 4 vs classic might bother you. I noticed the difference when compared side by side or interchanging them. Once I settled on using only the classic, it didn't bother me as much, in fact not at all. Screen resolution on the passport is fantastic though. The keyboard on the passport is something that you will get used to after a week or so. But the one on the classic makes you feel like ure right at home especially if u used to use the bold 9900. I didn't think there was a difference carrying the iphone 6+ vs the blackberry passport in terms of the size. If u have no issues in carrying the note 4 and iphone 6+, I don't see any problem using the passport. In terms of performance, coming from the iphone 6+ and passport, you do notice a slight difference in speed when opening apps but it didn't bother me that much ( after awhile)

I chose the classic over all the other devices simply because of how it handles communication ( text, whatsapp, bbm and email) very well, quick shortcuts, size for one-handed usage and BlackBerry hub. The usual apps that I use ( instagram, Strava, news app, evernote,grabtaxi, twitter, vscocam, Google map) works well. I have to agree that despite sideloading snap, you won't be able to get all the apps or latest app out there ( the apps may be available on snap app store but may or may not function well). I had a friend who enjoys the passport experience but simply cannot give up the convenience of having working apps at his finger tips, so he sold the passport within a week and went back to his iphone 6.

Hope u do settle with either one of the devices in the end!

*sorry for the lengthy post!!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much. 😊 I had the 9900 before the Q10, loved the keyboard there as well.

I don't need all the other apps, I can download them on my other two devices so that is not an issue for me. But I remember the headache I got when I was trying to get viber to work on the 9900... The first time I saw the passport I thought it was the ugliest phone I had ever seen. But I have been browsing through different websites and youtube, and i must admit that it looks better every time I see it.

I do like the design of the classic more. It is, as the name implies, a classic. The design that was the reason why I got a BB in the first place. As I have said earlier, if the passport had the same keyboard as the classic I would not be having this problem right now 😁 but I'm wondering if the keyboard is reason enough to buy a phone or if I should go with the passport? I don't understand why they didn't do more out of the classic than they did. The two recent releases they have has the design that people love BB for and the other one with specs that actually can compete with other smartphones on the market. I understand why so many of you on crackberry ended up with either both or switching from the one to the other. Blackberry has made it difficult to decide.

* again, thank you for taking the time to explain.
    Last edited by MFBB2012; 01-07-15 at 10:53 AM.
    01-04-15 02:49 PM
    Thanks for this thread, an interesting read. I'm waiting for some local stores to get the passport and classic in stock so I can feel them in my hands before making a decision whether to stay with BB and, most likely the classic, or to jump ship. Will take some time before I make the decision.
    03-07-15 11:32 PM
    I am a week and a day into my BlackBerry Classic and it is AWESOME!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:33 PM
41 12