Okay I get to mess with a Classic thanks to work.

Coming from a 9700 is what is officially my last BB device. Had some curve but didn't use.

Okay questions I have:

Email:
    If I leave the email hub app thing, let's say I'm looking at the 6th email out of 10 emails. How do I STOP it from refreshing and jumping to the top or back to the stupid main hub page???

How do you set the U key to mark things unread, I think that was the old key on the 9700?

Why is there always a little prompt to delete emails on the right side of the email? Can you rid that thing?

How do you get rid of that bar with the reply/reply all/forward buttons? Or sometimes attachement, compose, search??

Can you exclude an email from one of the total unreads on the lock screen?

How do you quick switch to emails? Must I go to the annoying home screen hub thing? Isn't there an app switch like on android double square or ios double tap home button? It feels a little ridiculous when I am web browsing and I want to switch to email I need to click end call...

General stuff:
    Can you change the home screen active apps page to just apps? Isn't there a more elegant way than active apps for home screen?

Can you change the battery bar to show %?

Can you change your signal to show 3g 4g 5g etc etc?

What do you do if you are use to having google hangouts?

Wasn't holding Q use to be switching between the last two profiles used? I can't get only vibrate and silent? It keeps giving me Normal at one point?

Are there themes?

I can't think of any more at the moment.

Thanks in advance
    02-02-15 09:48 PM
    Holding Q (Long press) does switch between current profile and previous profile.
    If your current profile is Normal and the previous one was Silent, then it will switch between those. Hope that is clarified.

You can go to the hub 'quickly' if you would use the 'gesture' on the touch screen. Wherever you are - Browser or app or whatever. Use the gesture and that should take you to the hub
    02-02-15 10:09 PM
    Why don't you have a look at the Help app on the phone? It will help you understand a lot of basic and advanced functions of the phone.
    This isn't your old BlackBerry. Everything is different, and most would agree, better.
    02-02-15 10:16 PM
    For me it seems like you don't even try to like or at least handle the Classic. A lot of stuff relates to the fact this is a new OS and not BBOS 8.x

BB10 is gesture based, there was not only a tutorial when you loaded up the device, but there is also a help app as well as a ton of (actually really useful!) videos on both BlackBerry's website and YouTube channel.
    To check your mails, or the Hub per se, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen, until the current view gets smaller and you see your notification icons on the left side. Now, don't release your thumb, swipe to the right.
    That gesture is more or less called peek and flow. Peek because you aren't forced to leave your app and can have a quick peek at your notificiactions. If it is not of interest right now, you can reverse the gesture (again without releasing your thumb) and get back to where you left. "Flow" because it works from everywhere, you never really have to leave your current app to check your stuff.

To get back to your homescreen "thingy", just swipe up. This was also shown in the tutorial by the way. You'll get back to your homescreen.
    Since BB10 is a very multitasking friendly OS, you let often used apps simply run as Active Frames, the square tiles you'll see on that homescreen. This is where you switch apps. Apps also can run inside of another, so you'll be able to use the Acrobat Reader from within the Assistant, BBM within Pictures, and so on.

That "bar" can't be removed by now.
    For checking a mail as read/unread, there unfortunatly aren't any shortcuts available. To check shortcuts in any app, just bring up the right side menu by either tapping or hitting the key and you'll find a small letter besides any action which supports shortcuts.
    The little delete icon has just been introduced and, while not as useful on keyboard devices, I think it can be quite useful on full-touch phones.

Last but not least I can't tell you a solution for your jumps within the Hub. Have been using BB10 since May 2013 and never ever had such an issue. I don't know what's causing that. Never heard of such a problem either.

Themes aren't supported by the way.

Posted via CB10
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-03-15 01:26 AM
    Why don't you have a look at the Help app on the phone? It will help you understand a lot of basic and advanced functions of the phone.
    This isn't your old BlackBerry. Everything is different, and most would agree, better.
    For me it seems like you don't even try to like or at least handle the Classic. A lot of stuff relates to the fact this is a new OS and not BBOS 8.x
    This.
    02-03-15 10:52 AM
    Yadi Yadi Yada...

 Classic
    02-04-15 07:05 AM
    If you leave an email open in the Hub, then return to the Home screen, the Hub should be open to that same email when you return to it. Just swipe up and right from anywhere to get back into the Hub.

From a Z30
    02-04-15 07:35 AM
    You can mark an email read/unread by pressing alt+u

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    02-04-15 08:00 AM
    I use the trackpad in the hub to quickly mark emails. Put yourself in update mode by selecting the top-right hamburger menu, then move trackpad to left and position on yellow icon for unread email.

Click. Slide down. Click. Etc. Very very fast way to plow through tons of unreads.
    02-06-15 12:58 AM