Hey guys. I have a passport and am considering a classic. I like the idea of a one handable device and the size is more appealing to me. I've seen some reports on here of people with problems with belt. I was wondering if you guys could give input with your personal experiences with the build quality of classic. Also including pictures would be most helpful to me and others on the fence about classic.
    01-22-15 12:54 PM
    Every device has some problems.

Look at the iphone 6 and iOS 8 fails at start

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    01-22-15 01:01 PM
    Every device has some problems.

Look at the iphone 6 and iOS 8 fails at start

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    I think just like cars, one brand can be more reliable than another. Apple can afford massive amounts of money on engineering. You would think that by using FoxConn that there should be fewer manufacturing problems. Time will tell.
    01-22-15 01:10 PM
    I have the classic for a week and I love it. The keyboard is the reason why I bought the unit. Apps are secondary to me as long as I have the essentials (Video player, music player, a few games, social stuff).
    The passport is a bit too big for me to carry (that's why I don't like the new big phones) and I don't like the layout of the keypad with the spacebar stuck between the letters.. The belt on my unit is fine and keys are responsive.
    eji930 likes this.
    01-22-15 01:14 PM
    I purchased a Classic for my wife for Christmas - she has been running it now for about 2 weeks.

No double typing - no gaps between screen and/or toolbelt - no excessive light bleed from keyboard.

A very solid and quality device - she never really liked her Z10 because of the vkb - she absolutely LOVES the Classic. And trust me - if there was anything she didn't like, I would hear about it.

I can also say the battery life is very good - and the signal is better than my Z10 by a considerable margin. (We are both on AT&T) .

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    chris1h likes this.
    01-22-15 01:17 PM
    If you ever used BlackBerry Bold 9900, then you will love this phone. Personally, I love this phone build quality and it's on top notch. By being owning BlackBerry Passport, I love the fact that I can type one hand while doing other stuff from other hand

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1450 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-22-15 01:17 PM
    I'm using the Classic since about one and a half weeks, before I used the Passport for about two and a half months and I'm also an active Q10 owner since it got available May 2013.

In terms of build quality I'd say I rate the Q10 best, Passport second and Classic third. Don't get me wrong, the Classic is an awesome device and it is my daily driver. Got it saturday morning and later in the evening I knew this is *my* device and replaced the Passport directly.
    But there are few things which are new for BlackBerry users. The bkaclight of the keyboard shows much more bleed compared to the older models. I guess this might be the case because the keys are raised much more than in any previous model. Also there is a mentioned gap between the toolbelt and the display. On my unit it is not as bad as I have seen around here in the forums, but one can notice it if you look closely. Also I think the glass-weave back of the Q10 was both more premium and offered better grip at the same time.

Besides these things, there is little to complain about the Classic in terms of build quality. It feels great, the keyboard is just awesome and over all it's just a joy using this device.

Posted via CB10
    Jack Donovan1 and Mr4aces like this.
    01-22-15 01:25 PM
    I'm using the Classic since about one and a half weeks, before I used the Passport for about two and a half months and I'm also an active Q10 owner since it got available May 2013.

In terms of build quality I'd say I rate the Q10 best, Passport second and Classic third. Don't get me wrong, the Classic is an awesome device and it is my daily driver. Got it saturday morning and later in the evening I knew this is *my* device and replaced the Passport directly.
    But there are few things which are new for BlackBerry users. The bkaclight of the keyboard shows much more bleed compared to the older models. I guess this might be the case because the keys are raised much more than in any previous model. Also there is a mentioned gap between the toolbelt and the display. On my unit it is not as bad as I have seen around here in the forums, but one can notice it if you look closely. Also I think the glass-weave back of the Q10 was both more premium and offered better grip at the same time.

Besides these things, there is little to complain about the Classic in terms of build quality. It feels great, the keyboard is just awesome and over all it's just a joy using this device.

Posted via CB10
    Can you post some pictures of the light bleed and spacing issue?
    01-22-15 01:50 PM
    Hey guys. I have a passport and am considering a classic. I like the idea of a one handable device and the size is more appealing to me. I've seen some reports on here of people with problems with belt. I was wondering if you guys could give input with your personal experiences with the build quality of classic. Also including pictures would be most helpful to me and others on the fence about classic.
    Have the Classic for three weeks, moved from Z10 to Q10 and now the Classic. Love this phone. Gorgeous, solid build, my Android apps run well, no lag, no gaps, no extra light bleeding. Very, very happy with this phone. Loved the 9900 and loving this one too.

Posted via Classic
    01-22-15 04:48 PM
    I want to say good I think it looks way better than my Q10 I like the size the screen I enjoy the toolbelt however the keyboard back light is little by little getting on my nerves also above the tool belt : ( I'm still going to rock for 1 to 2 years hopefully before I get the passport though going to get one for my daughter in a few months and I'll see how I like and if I decide to get it sooner then be it. Overall classic build not bad could be better

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:41 PM
    Can you post some pictures of the light bleed and spacing issue?
    You should try and get hands on with a unit. Build quality seems to vary.
    Mine only has a small gap on toolbelt and negligible lightbleed.

If you get a unit with the problem you can get a replacement. Bad build is not your fault.
    01-22-15 10:36 PM
    We purchased two for my employees and 5 Passports. I personally like the passport. The belt and track pad on the Classic is awesome however. But I and 4 others wouldn't give up the screen size, camera and how clear the pictures are and detailed. We look at a lot of satellite images. The 2 gal's that carries the Classic love them and wouldn't have our passports. So I would say try one out a bit if possible and see. Then you could see what difference you can live with. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 10:48 PM
    01-22-15 10:49 PM
    My first one came out of the box with a dead speaker. I brought it back and exchanged it. I have been on the second one quite heavily ever since.
    Pounding away on the keys for hours per day; dozens of phone calls; at least 2 drops; it is a solid device. The keyboard is firm but responsive. The belt works fine. The disconnect button does just that. While a month is not long enough to know how it will last in the long term, on my Q10 I was already seeing signs of wear and tear a month in. Not on this phone.

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    01-22-15 10:56 PM
    Hiya, gotta chime in here. We picked up 4 classics for our family. 2 worked flawlessly. 1 had an apparent graphics problem making it frustrating to use. 1 rebooted and froze frequently to the point it was unusable. Rogers swapped the 2 for us. All 4 are now good. Overall, quite impressed with this device. Excellent keyboard, beautiful screen, seemingly excellent build quality. We do not have any backlight bleed or gap under the screen. All good. Have not used our desktop computer since receiving this device.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:59 PM
    I've been using the classic the past two weeks and the voice quality always surprises me. It's probably the best I've heard in awhile.

Otherwise I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 01:42 AM
    I have the Passport, just got the wife the Classic...The Classic is built like a tank...really! Solid, great feel to all aspects of it, no issues whatsoever...totally Happy! For me (big guy) I now find the keyboard too small, after getting used to the Passport, but still great and better than my 9900 was. I see absolutely NO reason to switch from a Passport to the Classic other than size, and I would rather compromise and deal with the size of the Passport than go to the smaller screen, tighter keyboard and slightly slower speeds of the Classic...just my 2 cents
    01-23-15 03:25 PM
    I guess I have been lucky with mine. No bleeding between belt and screen. Actually no gap either. Just a tiny bit of light by the Q letter when the phone is turn side way

From Classic
    01-23-15 09:50 PM
    Bought 2 classics at launch. One of them had a squeaky keyboard. It took 2 replacements later to rectify it. Other than that, it's solid.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:10 PM
    My unofficial count of returns is 20 percent on a small sample. That seems fairly high. I hope we can get more data going here.
    01-24-15 09:46 AM