Steve,
    They don't know your history and how your use the phone as a key part of your vocation. My favorite was using your 99 with your left hand, writing with your right while doing a presentation.

Just to bad everything is most likely set in concrete and we have to live with less except for the 2gb RAM and BB10 OS.
    Well, I can understand their confusion because even bbry itself seems to fail to comprehend why so many of us are still legacy. Chen might get it but he's still saddled with much of what he inherited. Compromising on one or two 9900 features in trade for updated OS is one thing. Sooner or later the compromises add up until other devices start looking attractive on balance. The swappable battery is a BIG deal for my management, for example. Will I be able to convince them that the productivity of the toolbelt alone is worth the loss of the productivity of swappable batts? Or the loss of accessory key? Or the loss of charging contacts? Idk. Our IT is itching to get us into droid of some flavor.

Best scenario is that Chen TRULY got it and I won't have to justify too many compromises. We'll know by Nov.
    07-08-14 08:57 PM
    Back when the 9900 came out 800mb was a lot of RAM, 2 years ago 2gb was a lot of RAM, but you think 2gb is going to be "good enough" in November or 2015?

Don't need to use the Q10 to know with 2gb of RAM will not be enough. So 800mb vs 2gb I would only need to pull the battery every 30-40 minutes?

All I'm saying is why not make it better? It doesn't have to have PassPort specs, but it should be better than a 2 year old phone. By next summer 3gb of RAM will be standard for a 2015 phone and will slow down or kill the sales. Why not make the phone a little more expensive with better specs now so it can keep selling longer? I just think it is not good business to make a new phone with old specs.
    ur making assumptions about a phone that u have no specs for. and bb10 runs better on less ram than bbos 7 so yes u need to use bb 10 before u can pass judgement because they operate differently. why dont u give the device a chance before u condemm it to me if the phone dosent freeze and isnt laggy i could care less about specs. if it works its just works. its like buying a car based on hp alone its silly u could have a 400hp car get whiped buy a 350hp if its set up right power to weight gear ratios etc. the power should be respectable absolutely i just think u should try some bb10's and and wait till specs are released before u decide ur "done" with blackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-08-14 09:26 PM
    Steve,
    They don't know your history and how your use the phone as a key part of your vocation. My favorite was using your 99 with your left hand, writing with your right while doing a presentation.
    Yeah, I do that ALL the time. No telling what the RF dose is doing to my left hand. Lol. The story you're probably referring to continued... After that meeting I went to lunch with that vendor's management. They asked about my 99 & seemed surprisingly interested for iPhoners. Two weeks ago one of them visited our facility carrying a new Z30!! She was still too steep in the learning curve to retire her iPhone yet but expressed that their company was considering transition to BB...!!! Go figure. Just never know what unintended impacts small events can have.
    wilber1 and Mr4aces like this.
    07-08-14 10:59 PM
    Jr making assumptions about a phone that u have no specs for. and bb10 runs better on less ram than boos 7 so yes u need to use bb 10 before u can pass judgment because they operate differently. why don u give the device a chance before u condemn it to me if the phone docent freeze and isn't baggy i could care less about specs. if it works its just works. its like buying a car based on hp alone its silly u could have a 400hp car get whiled buy a 350hp if its set up right power to weight gear ratios etc. the power should be respectable absolutely i just think u should try some bb10's and wait till specs are released before u decide Jr "done" with blackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapers
    Hello,
    You are right, only assumption on my part. I would hope BB10 runs better, but it has to use more RAM than OS7 and with the addition of side loading Android Apps it would have to use more. Percentage of available RAM might even be less than the OS7. I have no idea I'm not a IT guy.

Lol on your comparison of 350 hp vs 400 hp. You talking to a guy that was born with oil in my veins (check out @gorillaperf or @mrhotrodheaven TW accts). Horse power on a car is how you use it. Takes the same hp to drive 70 mph with the same car and different engines. Used correctly the 400 hp might even save gas pulling a steep hill. I would definitely pay the extra for the 50 hp. If nothing else for safety when passing. Just like I am willing to pay more for more RAM. Does not hurt to have unused RAM or HP.

Didn't mean I was done with BB. Done stewing over the fake "Classic". I'm totally in the dark and on the fence. I would have purchased the fake "Classic" sight unseen if they would build a Bold BB10. Now it is a wait, see, touch and feel.

Let me say it again if this new phone uses Q10 specs it is only a Q10 with a track belt. Yes, it will use BB10.3, but is still a Q10 w/track belt.

Will the next generation BB OS require a quad core processor?

No matter what justification you give me there is none for Q10 specs.

Are you still using a 9320?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-09-14 at 07:05 AM.
    07-09-14 12:29 AM
    What us 9900 hold outs REALLY want is a modern future proof spec BB10 9900 with better camera and bigger batt............
    Hey maybe someone at BB finally got it. They posted renderings of a "Classic 2" with same pricing as the Z3:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...device-944640/

By DHabkirkDesign

Let's hope they changed their mind about the fake "Classic" and dumped all the R&D on Foxconn. Maybe the "Classic" will be what we want?

Coincidence?

I'm not holding my breath for a real phone.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-09-14 at 10:17 AM.
    idssteve likes this.
    07-09-14 06:54 AM
    yes still using a 9320 lol i wanted the q10 but for me not having the trackpad and more importantly the call end/ send buttons was a deal breaker, so im waiting for the classic. i would like it to be respectable specs but in all honesty i will likely buy it even with q10 specs, because its def gonna be better than any os7 device

my analogy of the hp comapison was used more to highlight the fact that these phones are not the same vehicle they are very different. bb10 is an enitrely new platform not just different colored paint i think u will be suprised once u try it. if it loads fast and dosent stall i suspect u will like it.

clearly we are waiting for the classic for two very different reasons but that's ok nothin wrong there. cheers bud and i hope its the phone of ur dreams, if not i hope u find it GL

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-09-14 04:29 PM
    Saw the pic where JC held both the Passport and the Classic and I was struck by the similarity. Apart from the keyboard ( and toolbelt) and larger screen vertically, the Passport is a bit wider but otherwise they r remarkably similar sizewise! Given that the Passport is coming out first and that the Q10 is 1.5 years old, it would be logical if the 2 have similar specs. The Passport looks to be reasonably future proof, why not make the Classic the same? Cheers!
    07-16-14 01:55 PM
    Saw the pic where JC held both the Passport and the Classic and I was struck by the similarity. Apart from the keyboard ( and toolbelt) and larger screen vertically, the Passport is a bit wider but otherwise they r remarkably similar sizewise! Given that the Passport is coming out first and that the Q10 is 1.5 years old, it would be logical if the 2 have similar specs. The Passport looks to be reasonably future proof, why not make the Classic the same? Cheers!
    Exactly why have a Classic with 2 year old specs (November) Why not 3g RAM and more storage? Mark Wilson said BlackBerry is targeting the "working user" So why no removeable battery so we can carry a spare?

See post #30. I Think BB "might" have changed their mind on some of the specs, because the Foxconn version with Q10 specs and will be price the same as the Z3 $200.

Maybe BB did listen I guess we'll know next month
    07-18-14 01:08 PM
    ...I might be able to live with the straight keyboard even though I think it is a mistake.

Like you said wait and see.
    I think you'll like it once you start using it.
    I switched from the 9900 to the Q10 and it did take a few days to get used to the straight keyboard, but now I like it better.
    07-25-14 07:15 PM
    I think you'll like it once you start using it.
    I switched from the 9900 to the Q10 and it did take a few days to get used to the straight keyboard, but now I like it better.
    Hello Jake
    Do you know if has 3g RAM like rumored?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-25-14 10:18 PM
    Solve your problem by downloading more RAM.... Link below

http://www.downloadmoreram.com

07-26-14 10:48 AM
    Solve your problem by downloading more RAM.... Link below

http://www.downloadmoreram.com

Not sure if trolling or serious...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-26-14 11:29 AM
    Not sure if trolling or serious...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    ?? Dunno... I'll let someone else click first, tho... . Wonder how long it would take to download 4GB? Lol.
    07-26-14 12:45 PM
    According to N4bb the BlackBerry P�9983 (Khan), which is going to the Porsche version of the classic, will be coming with 3GB and 64 GB internal storage. Given what Blackberry did for the Porsche version for the Z10, then I am can only assume that the classic will have the same specs of the P9983, except for having 16 or 32 GB internal storage.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-26-14 01:29 PM
    According to N4bb the BlackBerry P’9983 (Khan), which is going to the Porsche version of the classic, will be coming with 3GB and 64 GB internal storage. Given what Blackberry did for the Porsche version for the Z10, then I am can only assume that the classic will have the same specs of the P9983, except for having 16 or 32 GB internal storage.
    You beat me to it.
    07-26-14 09:13 PM
    I will probably save up for a 9983, because I believe in rumours! But yeah, not having so much issue with twitter as it is for now.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-26-14 09:24 PM
    I will probably save up for a 9983, because I believe in rumours! But yeah, not having so much issue with twitter as it is for now.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    The only thing we have to keep our interest up for the classic are rumors for the most part, as the classic has not been spotted in the wild like the passport and there has been no videos leaks of someone using a classic.
    07-27-14 10:36 AM
    BlackBerry may be clearing up the road for the Passport. Someday the Classic will have the spotlight.

PH - BlackBerry 10 - Z10 - deal with it
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-27-14 05:45 PM
43 12