I'm disappointed in the rumored specifications from "people in the know" on the "Classic". If this "phone" comes with 2 year old specs I'm done. Don't care about the camera as much as I do the processor, RAM and speakers (speaker phone feature).

You "people in the know" do not use a "phone" to the limits, so you have no idea what is "good enough". I am retired, but I still send a lot of emails and texts, but what eats the RAM up is tweeting. I have numerous Twitter account with over 15k followers. Try being on TW for 4 hours and then tell me the Q10 specs is "good enough".

With a 9900 I have to pull the battery every 10 minutes and replace it 3-5 times a day.

9900 and Q10 users use is these phones because it is the fastest typing phones. Times is money even when you are retired. Give us the "Classic" like it is suppose to be, ergonomic keyboard, track belt, top of the line hardware with a removable battery and contact charging points. The 9900 is simple to replace parts on, so don't make a cheap throw away phone. We paid top dollar for the 9900 so if you are going to call it a "Classic" make it like the "Bold" or you might as well call the fake "Classic" a "Walmart". If you make it cheap enough they could sell it at the "Dollar Store".

No, I don't want a big PassPort (as primary phone) with a big battery so my cancer can come back (BBM Channel C003DB0B0 on my Lymphoma from using a cell phone) and have a bulge in my pockets.

Thanks for letting me air my fustration, but "people in the know" just don't get it.
    07-08-14 01:46 PM
    This is.. peculiar lol
    07-08-14 01:48 PM
    Tweet for 4 hours? o_O
    Wow! What do you tweet? Is it even possible?

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-08-14 01:49 PM
    Tweet for 4 hours? o_O
    Wow! What do you tweet? Is it even possible?

Posted via Q10Bold
    @gorillaperf
    @mrhotrodheaven
    @goducksme
    @mr4aces
    @drraceman

Go to Favorites.

5 of 10 twitter accounts the other accounts are highly opinionated.

Plus BBM feeds and subscriptions.
    07-08-14 02:05 PM
    Don't know what the people in the know, know...

But pretty sure the Passport is the premium device, the Classic is going to be the enterprise device - it should be enough to run the OS and Apps well a bump from the Q10 - but equal to any other flagship devcie... sorry no. I understand that the Passport is too big for some and that everyone wants the best bang for the buck they can get.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    07-08-14 02:12 PM
    Hey OP what twitter app do you use with all of those? And does it have an inner circle like UberSocial and is it crash free? I'm getting highly frustrated with the android port of UberSocial but I need that inner circle for my accounts which I have multiple of too.
    07-08-14 02:20 PM
    Don't know what the people in the know, know...

But pretty sure the Passport is the premium device, the Classic is going to be the enterprise device - it should be enough to run the OS and Apps well a bump from the Q10 - but equal to any other flagship devcie... sorry no. I understand that the Passport is too big for some and that everyone wants the best bang for the buck they can get.
    Hello ScaleMaster,

"....good enough to run..."
    Does good enough mean today or next 1-2 years?

Here's the link for the tread where ppl say it will have Q10 specs:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lassic-940027/

I guess we won't know for sure until the actual specs are "Offically" given. I was just hoping for a good quality phone at least $600-700 worth.

Don't expect the majority of 9900 users to buy the "Classic" with "good enough" specs.
    07-08-14 02:31 PM
    Hello ScaleMaster,

"....good enough to run..."
    Does good enough mean today or next 1-2 years?

Here's the link for the tread where ppl say it will have Q10 specs:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lassic-940027/

I guess we won't know for sure until the actual specs are "Offically" given. I was just hoping for a good quality phone at least $600-700 worth.

Don't expect the majority of 9900 users to buy the "Classic" with "good enough" specs.
    Buddy, I don't think a 9900 user cares about specs at all.
    07-08-14 02:37 PM
    Hey OP what twitter app do you use with all of those? And does it have an inner circle like UberSocial and is it crash free? I'm getting highly frustrated with the android port of UberSocial but I need that inner circle for my accounts which I have multiple of too.
    Hello Blueyestm,

I am just using the BB TW app, but change out the accounts. You can load up to 5 account at one time. I use to have 20+ accounts when we lived in the city and had internet. With internet I used Tweet Adder to automatically send out tweets. This was years ago. I now use my 9900 as my internet device.
    07-08-14 02:41 PM
    Buddy, I don't think a 9900 user cares about specs at all.
    You might be right. I guess we will see.

9900 = Q10 = Qwery
    07-08-14 02:47 PM
    just wondering if the op has used the q10? from what i understand bb10 runs smooth with virtually no batt pulls , true? if so then specs similar to q10 would be good enough to do multiple twitter accounts. i dont think its fair to use an os7 device and say that q10 specs arnt good enough if u havent used the device.

anyone" in the know" cant share anything concreate about the classic device so ppl in the know are just speculating. before we officially saw the classic ppl in the know were talking about virtual trackpads and now we all know that it will be physical.

the things ive read about the classic from blackberry say that the classic will be a premium device i highly doubt that it will be crap specs maybe not as fast as the passport but not crap but hey im not "in the know" one things for sure it will be better specs than the 9900

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-08-14 03:12 PM
    What us 9900 hold outs REALLY want is a modern future proof spec BB10 9900 with better camera and bigger batt. We don't want to be lectured about how bigger screens, touch, etc are "the future". The form factor is obviously higher priority than specs but that doesn't mean specs are irrelevant. If BBRY is hell bent to abandon too many elements of the form factor we're clinging on to, they'll HAVE to offer good enough specs to compensate for loss of those elements in order to keep us. Attempt to force me into an oversized device with non-removable battery and crippled trackpad functionality, along with outdated specs, and i'll also just apply the learning curve effort of my next upgrade toward a droid of some flavor.
    DeliFresser likes this.
    07-08-14 04:18 PM
    just wondering if the op has used the q10? from what i understand bb10 runs smooth with virtually no batt pulls , true? if so then specs similar to q10 would be good enough to do multiple twitter accounts. i dont think its fair to use an os7 device and say that q10 specs arnt good enough if u havent used the device.

anyone" in the know" cant share anything concreate about the classic device so ppl in the know are just speculating. before we officially saw the classic ppl in the know were talking about virtual trackpads and now we all know that it will be physical.

the things ive read about the classic from blackberry say that the classic will be a premium device i highly doubt that it will be crap specs maybe not as fast as the passport but not crap but hey im not "in the know" one things for sure it will be better specs than the 9900

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    Back when the 9900 came out 800mb was a lot of RAM, 2 years ago 2gb was a lot of RAM, but you think 2gb is going to be "good enough" in November or 2015?

Don't need to use the Q10 to know with 2gb of RAM will not be enough. So 800mb vs 2gb I would only need to pull the battery every 30-40 minutes?

All I'm saying is why not make it better? It doesn't have to have PassPort specs, but it should be better than a 2 year old phone. By next summer 3gb of RAM will be standard for a 2015 phone and will slow down or kill the sales. Why not make the phone a little more expensive with better specs now so it can keep selling longer? I just think it is not good business to make a new phone with old specs.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-08-14 at 04:53 PM.
    Ouattsm likes this.
    07-08-14 04:35 PM
    What us 9900 hold outs REALLY want is a modern future proof spec BB10 9900 with better camera and bigger batt. We don't want to be lectured about how bigger screens, touch, etc are "the future". The form factor is obviously higher priority than specs but that doesn't mean specs are irrelevant. If BBRY is hell bent to abandon too many elements of the form factor we're clinging on to, they'll HAVE to offer good enough specs to compensate for loss of those elements in order to keep us. Attempt to force me into an oversized device with non-removable battery and crippled trackpad functionality, along with outdated specs, and i'll also just apply the learning curve effort of my next upgrade toward a droid of some flavor.
    Exactly! It's almost a waste of time repeating our needs of a Qwerty mobil device. Beside how can you ever have to much RAM?

Just engineer the phone so you can add RAM just like you do storage. The Qwerty phones are easy enough to R&R parts build the mother board so we can add RAM
    07-08-14 04:45 PM
    Expandable ram would be sweet. For any device. A processor that can handle future OS's, future apps, future security apps, etc... is also sweet. 9900 users bought bleeding edge BlackBerry's 3 yrs ago precisely to prolong the period before enduring another upgrade learning curve. BBRY has done everything but provide a suitable 9900 replacement. To the best of my "crystal ball", my next upgrade WILL be future proofed for at least three years. It will be up to BBRY to choose to be part of that plan.
    07-08-14 05:05 PM
    What's with the rant when nothing is officially announced? Maybe we should wait until the specs are announced. As of the moment we can't do anything anymore to change the specs

BlackBerry 10 - it takes courage to be one of the few
    07-08-14 05:28 PM
    What's with the rant when nothing is officially announced? Maybe we should wait until the specs are announced. As of the moment we can't do anything anymore to change the specs

So true. I would think the "Classic" JC was holding be the final physical specs. A product that is going to be released in November already has the specs determined and in production. BB employees know what the specs are. With the no leak policy mums the word, but human nature takes over.

If that is the case we at least know:,
    No ergonomic kb;
    No contact charging points;

And they keep emphasizing Q10 specs because it is "good enough" for Enterprise accounts. Just to many people are saying it not to be true.

I might be able to live with the straight keyboard even though I think it is a mistake.

Like you said wait and see.
    07-08-14 06:03 PM

Agreed, we won't know till we know. Some of us, however, need to start planning replacement of our aging legacy devices by developing "plan B", C, etc once we truly know this fall.

What we're pretty sure we know is that the Q20 will be physically larger than the 9900. It will likely have a straight keyboard. Circumstantially, we're suspecting the 20 to have a fixed battery and see no signs of charging pads. There's good circumstantial reason to anticipate lack of accessory key.

Our rant partly derives from the frustration that we've been waiting 3 yrs for a suitable upgrade for our 9900s. EVERYthing BBRY has done since the 99 indicates they have ZERO interest in duplicating the relative success of that device.

We're holding our breath that the Q20 will, at least, be a tolerable upgrade from 99. What little we know so far isn't overwhelmingly comforting for some of us.
    DeliFresser and Mr4aces like this.
    07-08-14 06:13 PM
    Expandable ram would be sweet. For any device. A processor that can handle future OS's, future apps, future security apps, etc... is also sweet. 9900 users bought bleeding edge BlackBerry's 3 yrs ago precisely to prolong the period before enduring another upgrade learning curve. BBRY has done everything but provide a suitable 9900 replacement. To the best of my "crystal ball", my next upgrade WILL be future proofed for at least three years. It will be up to BBRY to choose to be part of that plan.
    There aren't any devices that are future proof for at least three years. Once a device has been released, it's specs are already obsolete by what's in the works. However, it doesn't mean the device is no longer usable for a least three years. If you're happy with its performance, it'll be fine, but if you're constantly yearning for the "latest", then there's no way any device will live up to your expectations.
    07-08-14 06:23 PM
    Our rant partly derives from the frustration that we've been waiting 3 yrs for a suitable upgrade for our 9900s. EVERYthing BBRY has done since the 99 indicates they have ZERO interest in duplicating the relative success of that device.

We're holding our breath that the Q20 will, at least, be a tolerable upgrade from 99. What little we know so far isn't overwhelmingly comforting for some of us.
    And if BlackBerry doesn't deliver on your wants, you'll move to something completely different, even though at this point you're saying you *have to have* a better 9900.
    07-08-14 06:30 PM
    And if BlackBerry doesn't deliver on your wants, you'll move to something completely different, even though at this point you're saying you *have to have* a better 9900.
    If any company wants to sell a product, they must provide what their customers want. BBrY's sales numbers speak for themselves. A beefed up 99 is what we want. Something less is a compromise. Too much compromise will render the device unsuitable for our needs. No matter how "similar" they try to make it "look".

Of course we're still in conjecture land. Dear old grandpa used to say: "The future you expect won't be the one you get.".
    Mr4aces and DeliFresser like this.
    07-08-14 06:53 PM
    I'm disappointed in the rumored specifications from "people in the know" on the "Classic". If this "phone" comes with 2 year old specs I'm done. Don't care about the camera as much as I do the processor, RAM and speakers (speaker phone feature).

You "people in the know" do not use a "phone" to the limits, so you have no idea what is "good enough". I am retired, but I still send a lot of emails and texts, but what eats the RAM up is tweeting. I have numerous Twitter account with over 15k followers. Try being on TW for 4 hours and then tell me the Q10 specs is "good enough".

With a 9900 I have to pull the battery every 10 minutes and replace it 3-5 times a day.

9900 and Q10 users use is these phones because it is the fastest typing phones. Times is money even when you are retired. Give us the "Classic" like it is suppose to be, ergonomic keyboard, track belt, top of the line hardware with a removable battery and contact charging points. The 9900 is simple to replace parts on, so don't make a cheap throw away phone. We paid top dollar for the 9900 so if you are going to call it a "Classic" make it like the "Bold" or you might as well call the fake "Classic" a "Walmart". If you make it cheap enough they could sell it at the "Dollar Store".

No, I don't want a big PassPort (as primary phone) with a big battery so my cancer can come back (BBM Channel C003DB0B0 on my Lymphoma from using a cell phone) and have a bulge in my pockets.

Thanks for letting me air my fustration, but "people in the know" just don't get it.
    Disappointed by a rumor... Smh.
    I really don't get it. Nothing is official so why ranting?

And that arrogance " you don't know what it is good but me I know "..

Seriously calm down.

Posted via my Q10
    07-08-14 07:13 PM
    There aren't any devices that are future proof for at least three years. Once a device has been released, it's specs are already obsolete by what's in the works. However, it doesn't mean the device is no longer usable for a least three years. If you're happy with its performance, it'll be fine, but if you're constantly yearning for the "latest", then there's no way any device will live up to your expectations.
    Yeah, 3 yrs is probably unrealistic but that's what we got out of the 99 by purchasing an adequately future proofed device 3 yrs ago. The ONLY reason that 3 year old device is still in service, instead of retiring after two yrs, is because bbry hasn't yet offered a suitable upgrade.

If forced to upgrade into something completely different, that effort is best directed in a direction with reasonable assurance such upgrade disruption won't be repeated too soon.
    07-08-14 07:25 PM
    Steve,
    They don't know your history and how your use the phone as a key part of your vocation. My favorite was using your 99 with your left hand, writing with your right while doing a presentation.

Just to bad everything is most likely set in concrete and we have to live with less except for the 2gb RAM and BB10 OS.

Non removable battery means the case will be cheap compared to the 9900 just so they can keep the cost down so it will be harder to R&R parts.
    07-08-14 08:22 PM
    Disappointed by a rumor... Smh.
    I really don't get it. Nothing is official so why ranting?

And that arrogance " you don't know what it is good but me I know "..

Seriously calm down.

Posted via my Q10
    Rumored until it is offical by BB next month. Why would JC show the "Classic" with the PassPort unless it was close to production? Check out the other Q20 threads starting 2 months ago. The "Classic" will be a Q10 with trackbelt, fixed battery and cheaper construction.
    07-08-14 08:45 PM
43 12