So I have a deal in place this Friday for a blackberry classic which I've owned twice previously. First time I traded it straight up believe it or not for the OG passport.

So the deal is 75 buxs for the classic with an otterbox protector. But I've never owned the Q10 so I'm divided as to which one I should get. I know the internal hardware is the same and the screen size is a bit smaller. I am just wondering which keyboard is better for those of you that have owned both. I know the classic keyboard is phenomenal. So which would you choose as your back up device between these two?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:34 AM
    Classic....
    10-17-17 10:46 AM
    Classic....
    Did you own the Q10? If so how was the typing experience compared to the classic?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 11:57 AM
    Q10 is the best bb10 device BlackBerry ever made

Posted from my beloved Q10
    10-17-17 12:05 PM
    Q10 is nice for size but is it worth no trackpad!?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 05:50 PM
    Q10 is nice for size but is it worth no trackpad!?

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I don't really care about the track pad

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 07:57 PM
    I have both Classic and Q10, I've had double typing issues on the Q10. The Classic has been more reliable on the keyboard end. I do love the size of the Q10 but the tool belt and the bigger screen are worth the larger footprint. A removable battery is a big plus in my opinion. What's your primary phone going to be?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 08:54 PM
    Honestly I don't really care about the track pad

Posted via CB10
    Well there you go, although I prefer thesize of a Q10, Classic has better usb capability. If you are ever concerned about that. I don't think a Q10 can access another device with a cable.
    *Devices Media Card*

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-17-17 at 09:38 PM.
    10-17-17 09:25 PM
    Well there you go, although I prefer thesize of a Q10, Classic has better usb capability. If you are ever concerned about that. I don't think a Q10 can access another device with a cable.
    *Devices Media Card*

Posted via CB10
    If I get the classic it will be the third time I've got it lol
    I really want the red passport but can't find it anywhere at a decent price. It looks so awesome. Would love to own one to go along with my silver passport. Both unique devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 09:41 PM
    If I get the classic it will be the third time I've got it lol
    I really want the red passport but can't find it anywhere at a decent price. It looks so awesome. Would love to own one to go along with my silver passport. Both unique devices.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, well I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, if you had one 3 times and do not still have it idk.. I would recomend a Z30, Leap, or Z10 I have a 2 classics one is Brand New (trying to keep it that way.) And I owned a passport for awhile wish I still had one. But my Z10 is what I am always using. The keyboard is excellent. I think the Z10 is one of the best phones ever made it is a 5 band beleive it or not and while the physical keyboard is missed.. the functionality with apk's designed for a touchscreen is much better. A simple example.. Proton|Mail a nice encrypted mail service. Works flawlessly on my Z10 with Password Keeper. On the classic though the screen ratio is not good for using password keeper as the emailer. They sent me a beta though from crashlytics.. Its really good. Anyone distributing there apk NOT through google is something I like to look for. Nothing against google but wtf is with their Monopoly on apps. Get your Microsoft apps... from google. No ******* thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 09:54 PM
    Oh, well I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, if you had one 3 times and do not still have it idk.. I would recomend a Z30, Leap, or Z10 I have a 2 classics one is Brand New (trying to keep it that way.) And I owned a passport for awhile wish I still had one. But my Z10 is what I am always using. The keyboard is excellent. I think the Z10 is one of the best phones ever made it is a 5 band beleive it or not and while the physical keyboard is missed.. the functionality with apk's designed for a touchscreen is much better. A simple example.. Proton|Mail a nice encrypted mail service. Works flawlessly on my Z10 with Password Keeper. On the classic though the screen ratio is not good for using password keeper as the emailer. They sent me a beta though from crashlytics.. Its really good. Anyone distributing there apk NOT through google is something I like to look for. Nothing against google but wtf is with their Monopoly on apps. Get your Microsoft apps... from google. No ******* thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I've owned the z30 for a few days...the leap for about a month liked it better than the z30. Z10 I like the look but the battery life is atrocious

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 09:56 PM
    Yea It can be.. another solvable problem though.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 09:57 PM
    I've owned the z30 for a few days...the leap for about a month liked it better than the z30. Z10 I like the look but the battery life is atrocious

Posted via CB10
    The micro hdmi was really something I thought should have done better as a selling feature especially with the screen ratio.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:05 PM
    I've tried all these touchscreen phones my fav was the leap by far. But I just can't get use to typing make so many errors and it becomes a frustrating experience. With a PKB I can type so fast. I love the passport silver beyond sick device

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:06 PM
    The micro hdmi was really something I thought should have done better as a selling feature especially with the screen ratio.

Posted via CB10
    The keyone keyboard I didn't like or I would have bought it in a heart beat.well not bought it..but got a free upgrade through my phone company. That phone is a rip off if you are buying it straight up

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:07 PM
    Having used both, and currently using a Classic, I would go for a Q10.

The trackpad has come in really handy, yes, but using the touch screen is really not so bad.

I prefer the smaller, more "palmable" size of the Q10. I love the Classic keyboard, but I find the Q10 even easier to type on because the keys are smaller and closer together, which means less thumb movement needed.

The user-replaceable battery on the Q10 is also a fantastic feature. Get yourself an extra battery and charger and you will never have to be tethered to a wall or external battery pack again. Can't do that with a Classic.

The Q10 also has a dedicated Micro HDMI port, which has saved me on more than one occasion. You have to carry around a dongle if you want to connect a Classic to HDMI.

They're both excellent phones, though. It really comes down to your personal preferences. But for me, the Q10 is the better phone.
    10-20-17 01:23 PM
    I second newfangled's suggestion of the q10 as a backup. If indeed you're going to just use it as a backup then the q10 is the way to go.

On the flip side though, the Classic is pretty much the pinnacle of BlackBerry's keyboard imo.

Edges out the bold 9900!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 06:41 PM
    Buy one of each.

Personally, the Classic is my phone of choice. I've always believed that the lack of tool belt on the Q10 was another suicidal business decision made by blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-24-17 02:22 AM
    The Q10 front camera makes for better video chat in lower light conditions. Not so with classic or passport.

The Amoled screen is its advantage there.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3057
    11-07-17 09:32 PM
    what your really asking is Toolbelt or no Toolbelt take your pick and if I were you I go with Toolbelt it just helps with the navigation on the phone with a bit of a throwback to the BlackBerry Bold and if anything Q10 and Classic run on the same power and camera so it really comes down to the toolbelt
    11-09-17 09:15 PM
    I have both and have used them both as daily drivers. I am using the q10 at the moment while I try and unlock my classic. For me the classic has a noticeable better keyboard because of the extra size and the feel of the keys. I can type better on the classic especially without looking because of this. I love the size of the q10 for carrying in my pocket but I like the size of the classic more in my hand. For me the classic is the better device but I would suggest getting the q10 and here's why,

I had the classic first but had to try a q10 at some point. No matter how much I loved the classic I just had to have a q10 at some point and see what that phone is like. So if your like me and you get the classic again you will always be wondering what the q10 is like, I am glad that I have had both.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-17 06:58 PM
    So I have a deal in place this Friday for a blackberry classic which I've owned twice previously. First time I traded it straight up believe it or not for the OG passport.

So the deal is 75 buxs for the classic with an otterbox protector. But I've never owned the Q10 so I'm divided as to which one I should get. I know the internal hardware is the same and the screen size is a bit smaller. I am just wondering which keyboard is better for those of you that have owned both. I know the classic keyboard is phenomenal. So which would you choose as your back up device between these two?

Posted via CB10
    What I want to know is why people keep opening accounts to ask single question and then ghost, even closing their account? Seems like this is happening more recently.
    11-10-17 07:04 PM
    What I want to know is why people keep opening accounts to ask single question and then ghost, even closing their account? Seems like this is happening more recently.
    Probably got banned
    11-12-17 02:15 PM