I left the Classic behind 11/2 years ago. Used BB devices for most of my life with the exception of a brief filtration with Windows Phone in early 2013. I loved everything about the Classic but kept getting tempted by various apps I was seeing other use for all kinds of what I thought at the time were productivity enhancements. Some of them were socially but very few were work related.

Went to the Priv when it came out, never really used the keyboard, did not like the battery life and hated all of the permissions I had to give Android constantly for apps. It had the apps but I did not feel more productive. I went to IPhone as I saw it as a simpler system to Android and while I did find it that I found it a bland device tough to type on without making lots of errors (Siri was a nice feature however) Sure missed the Hub though! When the Pixel came out I decided maybe a stock version of Android would be good. It's an amazing phone with a fantastic camera, battery life is excellent and the updates are pretty quick.

Why did I go back to the Classic. Well here is the thing - in all of that time away I never did get more productive. I actually got more and more distracted. Maybe that is fine for daily life on the weekend but it's not good when working. Now I am back, typing much more accurately, my phone is not constantly telling me where I am and giving me reviews of what's nearby - it's a simple tool doing what I need and doing it with aplomb!
    velkod and conbrio29 like this.
    02-07-17 03:59 PM
    Classic is awesome and we'll underrated

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 04:26 PM
    This is the reason I keep coming back too! Love my classic!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 04:51 PM
    Quite a journey you had. How was the pixel compared to the priv? I'm curious if you're going to stick with the Classic in the long term. I too have tried going back to bb10 but it's lacking too much.

Also, why the Classic and not the PP?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 05:23 PM
    Quite a journey you had. How was the pixel compared to the priv? I'm curious if you're going to stick with the Classic in the long term. I too have tried going back to bb10 but it's lacking too much.

Also, why the Classic and not the PP?

Posted via CB10
    I'm gonna assume keyboard and form factor. That's why I stayed with the Classic over passport, iphones and Privs lol
    02-07-17 05:46 PM
    I found my Q10 was like that and I still miss it, especially for the error free typing. The only reasons I switched to the Dtek50 was because I finally got sick of not being able to use a few choice apps that I like. Overall though I loved BB10 and the Q10. It always made typing error free.
    02-07-17 05:53 PM
    The Pixel is in my view a premium device and the Priv is just not the same. I have a Passport SE but I can't stand the size of the space bar and the size of the phone just ends up keeping me from enjoying what is a great phone, best built that I have ever seen that is for sure.
    02-08-17 09:56 AM
    Nobody can say you did not try the competition. With the Iphone and the Pixel you have used the most prestigious phones one the market (apart of Samsung S#whatever). So if you now prefer the Classic..you REALLY prefer the Classic ;-)

Me I use Classic mostly but right now try to - again - get used to my PP SE

CB10 on my PP SE
    02-08-17 02:09 PM
    Thats why im afraid to upgrade to Mercury soon. I feel that although it will give me the best of the two worlds, i may also be not more productive than before with my classic..

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 06:33 AM
    In my experience, the android experience as a whole wasn't the best. I feel like it's too cluttered and all over the place. I'm currently using an iphone as my daily driver, but I feel that it doesn't make me any more productive. I feel like my laptop is always out trying to do things that BlackBerry does right out of the box.

My absolute PERFECT phone would be all BB10 with the ability to run the iOS version of apps or an iPhone with a keyboard and HUB.

The hub is the absolute best thing ever.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-12-17 09:22 PM
    I left the Classic behind 11/2 years ago. Used BB devices for most of my life with the exception of a brief filtration with Windows Phone in early 2013. I loved everything about the Classic but kept getting tempted by various apps I was seeing other use for all kinds of what I thought at the time were productivity enhancements. Some of them were socially but very few were work related.

Went to the Priv when it came out, never really used the keyboard, did not like the battery life and hated all of the permissions I had to give Android constantly for apps. It had the apps but I did not feel more productive. I went to IPhone as I saw it as a simpler system to Android and while I did find it that I found it a bland device tough to type on without making lots of errors (Siri was a nice feature however) Sure missed the Hub though! When the Pixel came out I decided maybe a stock version of Android would be good. It's an amazing phone with a fantastic camera, battery life is excellent and the updates are pretty quick.

Why did I go back to the Classic. Well here is the thing - in all of that time away I never did get more productive. I actually got more and more distracted. Maybe that is fine for daily life on the weekend but it's not good when working. Now I am back, typing much more accurately, my phone is not constantly telling me where I am and giving me reviews of what's nearby - it's a simple tool doing what I need and doing it with aplomb!
    Great story! I can see myself and others doing the exact same thing. I have gone back and forth from the Classic many times too and have always came back to its simplicity and distraction-resistant philosophy. Right now, I use the Classic as my daily driver and use a Passport as a companion for the times I need a larger screen or am doing a lot of reading.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 07:35 PM
    I should also add that typing is an absolute joy on the Classic (and on my original Passport too!).

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 07:36 PM