Seriously I don't get why people keep saying that the Classic is for people who don't care about specs, and that any old config will do for the luddites that will buy it.

The people who will benefit from a classic are those who do a lot of work. Those that make a lot of calls, thus the real call keys. Those that copy and paste a lot of text, thus the trackpad. And those that type a lot of text that needs to look at least somewhat professional and not look like a half-literate 12 year old typed it out, thus the physical keyboard.

These users don't need the specs of a Passport, but specs will be important.

Think about this, the fact that people will buy this for the trackpad shows that they are likely to copy and paste a lot. That means they are probably using multiple apps at the same time.
    That means they need a decent phone with decent performance.

It also means that those interested in the Classic are not just stuck in the past.
    There are real productivity benefits to this type of phone.

This is a type of device that will have a market for years to come.
    It will be a niche most likely but it will sell.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-15-14 10:56 AM
    ...and another new Classic thread started by dale-c which doesn't give any new facts or opinions...
    gnirkatto likes this.
    12-15-14 10:57 AM
    What could he do? We are still waiting for that thing to come out.
    And when it's out then there will be something else to talk about.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I am ready for this thing to come out. And yeah, I have started too many threads.

I have not seen a thread talking about this specifically yet, what the target audience is. I have seen it mentioned in thread after thread but not talked about specifically.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:14 AM
    The opinion that "Q10 specs were enough" or "specs don't matter" has already been posted 100 times. And 100 times others explained to the people spreading these theses why the think that this is actually wrong. Making the 101st statement to this controversity and opening one thread after another makes the forum just even more confusing and doesn't serve anybody. Oh wait he could still open new threads like "why the classic is underspeced", "it has not enough power", "classic is too slow", "Z30 is faster", "andoid apps will run slowly" "Blackberry must be joking" and so on...

I have not seen a thread talking about this specifically yet, what the target audience is. I have seen it mentioned in thread after thread but not talked about specifically.
    As if that wasn't enough...
    12-15-14 11:19 AM
    It's Forum etiquette to discuss the topic of a thread and not hijack it to discuss rabbit trails.

So, often I will see a topic come up in another thread and create a thread specifically for that topic.

I am not aware of a thread dedicated to this topic.

This is not a specs thread. There are plenty of those.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-15-14 11:34 AM