So I have had my classic for about 2 years and have been having some problems with the reception. It was great until I moved and since then has seemed to be about half as good as it should. It has been hard to determine exactly what the problem was so through checking everything I could I'm not sure I can blame anything but the phone. I recently bought a q10 which gets way better reception. I am with a small carrier that uses the Rogers lines, my classic is locked to the small carrier whereas the q10 is unlocked. My question is this... does it matter if it's un/locked? Has anyone experienced an issue like this with their classic? Any ideas on how to fix?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 10:29 PM
    Are you positive it is the device? Since you have told us that you have moved, isn't it possible that it is actually the carrier reception in your new location? I know you mention sub carriers and the like, but I didn't fully comprehend. Are the two devices on the same network?

I know in my neighborhood Rogers is brutal and almost get zero reception. Whereas with Telus and Bell, the reception is better.
    02-09-17 09:01 AM
    Ya I'm using a q10 now that is unlocked and the reception is much better therefore I believe it to be the phone. I tried a sim card, re loading the os and updating to the newest os so my only other guess would be a hardware malfunction. Overall I am unimpressed with the classics durability as I've had to change the back cover due to the camera covering getting dented and open the phone up to reconnect the proximity sensor. Now this problem and the phone is only 1.5 years old.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 06:26 PM
    And yes I'm on the same network just different device and it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 06:29 PM
    I had the same problem with mine,vs 9780 bold reception, classic was very bad, considering the same everyday routes/tasks that I had to do.Replacing the phone Sim card , was the solution to my problem,things are much better now.

Via classic
    02-12-17 12:47 AM