01-09-15 04:20 PM
36 12
    Having used the passport for 3 months, I enjoy everything about it except the device is just a little too big and typing is a little too cumbersome when compared to the classic form.

The device speed is negligible so I agree with the spec BS. The classic should have better PPI though.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:45 PM
    Great comparison/evaluation/presentation OP!

Thank you.

Looking forward to more on the Classic battery. It should be close to the Passport once things settle down according to what I have read.

Keep us posted.

Thanks again.
    12-21-14 04:09 PM
    Tough call. I love the specs of the passport, but the size prohibits me from ever considering it. If I can't hold a phone comfortably in one hand, I'd never buy it.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:44 PM
    Thanks for this thread, OP. Suspected as much that the Classic might be faster for some things, thanks to the proper trackpad and shift key. I have a Passport, but will be getting a Classic and give it a go for a few weeks. Thanks again OP.

...Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    01-08-15 03:20 AM
    I got my Classic 3 days ago. At first, the smaller keyboard was very noticeable after being acclimated to the Passport. By the 6th hour of Classic ownership I was into my 2nd hour of long BBMs, and moving along comfortably. By the day two, I was completely in the "zone" with the Classic keyboard and the toolbar. I'm definitely keeping my Passport, while the Classic is my main device.
    01-08-15 07:18 AM
    We have both in the house. I won't detail why as I have documented in other threads.

Bottom line in our house, passport was a hands down winner. Both kids using it and I am moving to it in Feb/Mar with Classic becoming a backup. I like the Classic and it is a nice phone and is my current daily driver but Passport it is for our household.

Posted Via The Classic
    01-08-15 07:44 AM
    Enjoyed reading the review. Really nice to know about how the devices differ based on consumer views.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:12 AM
    ? Sorry but you do realize that the kid used his dad's finger when he was sleeping.

Not sure if I call that breaking in when you're using what is essentially the key.
    The point is, you don't need to divulge the key, or be conscious, for your phone to be unlocked. A bonk on the head or one too many drinks gives ppl access to your phone's private data.
    Not the case for passwords.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:29 AM
    Just a few hours ago, I bit the bullet and actually ordered the Classic. Already received shipping confirmation and it should arrive sometime tomorrow. I like the Passport, I can't say often enough it is a good device. But: I just noticed it doesn't really turn out too well for my own needs, although I thought I could get around with it.

Size being the first problem, with my medium sized hands, I don't have too much of a secure grip around the Passport. Using the device always screams for a second hand which sometimes can be inconvenient for my needs.

The keyboard is good, but I noticed the longer travel times for the thumbs can sometimes be tiring for me or at least slow me down a bit. Yet the real reason is the three row keyboard. I do miss the physical dual shift keys, the alt key. The way you input numbers and special characters is breaking my typing flow with the Passport.

I use my phone much more to create (write) content rather actually viewing content, so I do not think I would miss that large screen or the obsessive ppi number. Yet I surely know that improved four row keyboard will be reason alone to make the switch, also prior going back to my trusted Q.

I've also ordered the traditional leather pocket as well as the OEM screen protector, both won't arrive before tuesday. I'll post my report within the upcoming days, maybe I am too thrilled and the Classic won't be as good as I hope? Time will tell, as for now, I'll probably starting my last working day with the Passport or maybe even I use the Q10 just to get in the right mood

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:04 AM
    My Classic arrived Monday and I have not used the Passport until today when I'm having the Classic Ghost Armored. Once I "settle in" with the Classic, I'll switch back and forth between devices as certain tasks determine.
    01-09-15 06:26 AM
    Thanks to the OP. Sounds like if I had to replace my Z30 the Classic would work just fine. I am so attracted to the physical keyboard, but the virtual keyboard of the Z30 is the best I've ever used on a touchscreen device. Would a Classic have the zippy performance of the Z30?

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    I used to love my Z10 keyboard, they did something in the updates though, autocorrect will change correctly spelled words. Whatever they did in the updates over the years made the keyboard much worse.
    01-09-15 04:20 PM
36 12