When they bring in the Classic it would be great to have the passport keyboard that you could turn on or off depending on the user. I love the keyboard on my Z10 but also love the physical keys short cuts, menu, back and call take and end keys on my Bold 9000.
    The Passport will be a great in car satnav )
    09-24-14 03:49 PM
    So two track pads or just a smaller, less powerful Passport plus some extra buttons?

And four rows or three?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:50 PM
    Not sure what this guy is smoking..

no and no and just no,

Classic Keyboard is fine, hence the TERM... classic..

why slap a modern keyboard on a classic device? wtf is the entire point of it?

This thread has just DERAILED.

4 people got hurt lol
    LLAmos and Mr4aces like this.
    09-24-14 08:07 PM
    As already said, there is a reason why the Classic is called classic and one of the reasons is bringing the classic BlackBerry stuff into the package. The (full-sized) keyboard, the trackpad and the toolbelt (kinda wished they would've also included a convenience key) combined with BB10 and more modern hardware. By using the touch sensitive 3-row keyboard they would kinda destroy the purpose of the Classic. Besides I can't imagine it would be comfortable to always have to reach over the toolbelt, since the 3-row keyboard depends heavily on the virtual 4th row.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-25-14 02:19 AM
    I didn't really like the keyboard on the passport so no thanks

Q10 with Telus on
    Mr4aces and boilerkim like this.
    09-25-14 02:21 AM
    OK let's do like apple here and repackage the same idea with different words...

Instead of a classic with a passport keyboard... think about a passport with a tool belt

I know I know... the idea sounds like a great innovation

Posted via CB10
    bb8900edit likes this.
    09-25-14 02:51 AM
    I spent almost 3 hours on passports yesterday and my daily phone is Q10

A Classic sized like a Passport would probably get my money. That big beautiful screen felt natural and was addicting but I prefer the 4 row keyboard and, as cool as the capacitive keyboard is, the os7 trackpad was better.

4 row keyboard on a passport sized device should be split down the middle for less reaching... keyboard halves toward the outside edges and might as well use the gap in the middle for vertical toolbelt.
    LLAmos likes this.
    09-25-14 06:43 AM
    then it wouldn't be a Classic anymore
    09-26-14 12:18 PM
    I like the idea personally. The one thing from the Z10 that I miss on my Q10 is the ability to swipe back to delete. I don't know if the swiping up for word selection would be used that much, but the swiping back to delete is sorely missed.
    That feature would be a very welcome addition to Q10s in the future.
    I guess we'll see if I still feel that way after using the classic having the track pad back.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    10-12-14 12:20 PM
    Classic 4 row keyboard with touch ability, removable battery, classic screen or slightly bigger

that's what I want.
    10-25-14 10:11 PM
    Lol!! It's. Like the guy who thought an all touch classic sounded like a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:06 PM
    Passport with Classic keyboard and Toolbelt absolutely makes sense. A three keyboard and missing Toolbelt does not.
    10-26-14 01:09 AM
    Classic 4 row keyboard with touch ability, removable battery, classic screen or slightly bigger

that's what I want.
    Same here. Also, does "BoilerKim"have anything to do with Purdue.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:21 AM
    Can they just add the sensitivity to the Classic's keyboard? Isn't it just detecting static/electricity? I wouldn't mind being able to scroll with my finger on the keyboard like the Passport, but at the same time, I'm very exciting to be able to press the spacebar to do the same thing...

Tough call here. I think that, since most of the orders (that bb needs) will be thousands of classics replacing thousands of 9900's, and that the transition must be as easy as possible. New users will already need to learn BB10. If they take away key actions people are used to, like R for reply etc, it will make that transition only more challenging.
    10-27-14 10:03 AM
    Same here. Also, does "BoilerKim"have anything to do with Purdue.

Posted via CB10
    Haha no, its from the movies called Barking Dogs Never Bite.
    10-28-14 02:31 AM