Did anybody come back from Passport to Classic?
    Or maybe one of us switched from Passport to Classic?
    If so - why?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 07:47 AM
    Did anybody come back from Passport to Classic?
    Or maybe one of us switched from Passport to Classic?
    If so - why?

Posted via CB10
    I recently just came back to BB10 after using the Priv as my main driver. I came back with the red Passport first, but then switched over to the Classic.

I prefer the Classic over the Passport. The one handed operation, trackpad, and four row keyboard are super efficient.

Don't get me wrong, the Passport is awesome in its own way and certainly gets the job done as well, but for me, the Classic is the way to go.

It's literally the Classic keyboard.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    Avenzuno likes this.
    10-02-16 10:51 AM
    A lot of reasons. I happily went back to my Q10. I think that the Q10s are the best bb10 devices with a keyboard in my opinion of course. many will say no or argue about that but my personal thought is yes it is the best and I am currently using ir right now to type this out. I think the phone has a great battery life, keyboard and screen. Passport felt weird and odd for me personally. I would look into a q10 or possibly a classic if you really must have it. however, I would personally recommend the q10. Passport felt odd to use and in my hands. it surely was big for me and to wide. at the same time keyboard was not the same and took some time to adjust. overall design and size of the device has made me unhappy at most times.
    mh1983 likes this.
    10-02-16 11:40 AM
    A lot of reasons. I happily went back to my Q10. I think that the Q10s are the best bb10 devices with a keyboard in my opinion of course. many will say no or argue about that but my personal thought is yes it is the best and I am currently using ir right now to type this out. I think the phone has a great battery life, keyboard and screen. Passport felt weird and odd for me personally. I would look into a q10 or possibly a classic if you really must have it. however, I would personally recommend the q10. Passport felt odd to use and in my hands. it surely was big for me and to wide. at the same time keyboard was not the same and took some time to adjust. overall design and size of the device has made me unhappy at most times.
    Q10 feels great all around, I agree. Added bonus are the easy to swap/replace components too.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 12:39 PM
    Yes you are absolutely right! Just about everything can be modified and replaced.
    10-02-16 06:55 PM
    I go back and forth between my SE Passport and blue Classic. I love the Passport and how unique it is, but the Classic reminds me of all the BlackBerrys I've had before, so there's something familiar about it that I still love, even though I've had a Classic since May 2015 (black first).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SK122387; 10-06-16 at 12:06 AM.
    bigjman likes this.
    10-02-16 11:59 PM
    Damn slow just when i try to open the picture folder, directly or by add picture in whatsapp....

anyone has an'idea about to fix?!?!?!
    10-03-16 07:44 AM
    I have used both classic for first passport after, I haven't touched the classic since. It's a spare. Touch pad I found on the classic to be ok sometimes but also in the way, highlighting things in blue when scrolling, making them hard to read. But the passport touch keyboard annoyed me too in android apps I must slide my fingers because I look up to see myself typing mid sentence. Neither is perfect, one is cheaper, one is bigger. After the passport the classic feels like a toy

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 08:00 AM
    I do not tend to enjoy the classic so much myself. However, I do prefer the q10 which I recently just traded away as well. Sad): I don't like the classic for a number of reasons and so I would have to say YES, move on to passport it's a great device and it will take you further and get more done for you. Plus you're going to have one of the best and fastest bb10 device.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    10-06-16 09:25 AM
    Unless you're in the office all day the passport is absolutely not a one-handed friendly device as the classic is. It's like dragging around a tablet, I can't count how many times I've dropped the darn thing, it's impossible to use it with one hand. Although the classic is a little slower it was a sacrifice worth taking because it's ergonomical and fits in your pocket, your hand, etc: a true mobile device. And I love the track pad for easy editing!

I just wished the new deteks took on both the best features of passport and classic and meshed them into one!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 05:46 PM
    I do not tend to enjoy the classic so much myself. However, I do prefer the q10 which I recently just traded away as well. Sad): I don't like the classic for a number of reasons and so I would have to say YES, move on to passport it's a great device and it will take you further and get more done for you. Plus you're going to have one of the best and fastest bb10 device.
    What didn't you like about the Classic? I haven't used a Q10 but I figure everyone would have loved the classic because of the trackpad and toolbelt.

10-06-16 11:01 PM
    What didn't you like about the Classic? I haven't used a Q10 but I figure everyone would have loved the classic because of the trackpad and toolbelt.

I got a Classic because I was intrigued by the PKB and toolbelt. Needless to say, my overall user experience improved despite the lesser specs compared with my Z30, because as wonderful as my predictive VKB was, I preferred the PKB's accuracy. But going from Classic to Q10 meant it took longer for me to close a window, and I've had to swipe up way more often. I miss the toolbelt!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 | 10.3.2.2813
    10-09-16 02:57 AM
    Just use both as you are going along, both got there unique advantages, can't go wrong with either of them

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-09-16 04:15 AM