11-30-16 04:17 PM
61 123
tools
    I currently have the priv but just can't get used to the OS so I am going back to the BB10 OS but was just wondering which one I should get? The classic or the passport? I've had the passport before and really liked it but never had the classic. By the way I will be posting this thread on the passport forum. Just to get both opinions from both users.
    05-21-16 06:01 PM
    The Passport clearly is the better device from a spec point of view, but if that doesn't matter to you, then it's simply a matter of form factor preference.
    Last edited by conite; 05-21-16 at 07:26 PM.
    sesp9 likes this.
    05-21-16 07:09 PM
    The Passport clearly is the better device from a spec point of view, but if that doesn't matter to you, then it's simple a matter of form factor preference.
    This.

And since you have already used that goofy passport keyboard, then there won't be any surprises there.

Maybe pop by a store one day and test out how you like typing on a Classic that they have on display.
    And test out the trackpad. That thing is so damn useful.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 07:21 PM
    I have both. Classic is awesome but it's slow. And when I hold it, maybe others hold better than me I always block the single mono speaker hole. Just it's size is an advantage. Passport is the best bb10 phone. But that said if I was you I'd probably try something new and get the classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 11:15 PM
    I have the Classic but I would add a Passport if one becomes available.
    05-21-16 11:26 PM
    I am in the same boat (well minus owning a Priv). I switched to iPhone but am now looking at coming back to BB10 until the end. I love the Classic's form factor but with only a slight difference in price the Passport does seem like the better option. My only concern with the Passport is the build quality. Screen lift seems to be a major issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 01:08 AM
    I sold my passport one week ago cuz my classic has for me best form factor
    and Trackpad is best what you can have on an BlackBerry. :-)
    05-22-16 07:23 AM
    I sold my passport one week ago cuz my classic has for me best form factor
    and Trackpad is best what you can have on an BlackBerry. :-)
    I agree as well the trackpad is the best thing any blackberry can have
    05-22-16 03:03 PM
    I have both. Classic is awesome but it's slow. And when I hold it, maybe others hold better than me I always block the single mono speaker hole. Just it's size is an advantage. Passport is the best bb10 phone. But that said if I was you I'd probably try something new and get the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I was leaning towards the classic as well.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    anon(9697770) likes this.
    05-22-16 08:22 PM
    I am in the same boat (well minus owning a Priv). I switched to iPhone but am now looking at coming back to BB10 until the end. I love the Classic's form factor but with only a slight difference in price the Passport does seem like the better option. My only concern with the Passport is the build quality. Screen lift seems to be a major issue.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport "screen-lift" is just as much a "build quality" issue as is the iPhone 6+ "bend" issue. It ISN'T a build quality issue. It's carelessness on the user's behalf. I have the Passport. My screen lifted. And I know EXACTLY how it happened. I sat on the thing when I had it in my back pocket. I looked closely at how it happened and it was a matter of the frame bending. So, I bent it back and the screen sits flush again. No more has it been an issue and that happened over a year ago.

There are people who claim that it just magically happened to them with no abuse on their part. I guarantee you that they are missing part of the story though.

Anyway, Passport vs Classic comes down to form of the device. Yes, the Passport has better specs but in actual use, the Classic holds its own. The Passport is not a device to use with one hand or to store in your pocket though. If you think of it more like a mini laptop, you're on the right track.
    05-22-16 08:31 PM
    I own both. My PPSE is currently at the hands of the third party wholesaler (purchased on crackberry Canada with all the whistles and bells) for a back camera no longer focusing and making a rattling noise. As a consequence I've been using the Classic for a week or so which was initially intended for light travel such as biking. I miss my SE but the Classic is easy to readjust to, having owned the Bold in a distant past. I surprised myself trying to swipe left to delete words. I miss the capacitive pkb and the vkb as well and all the tricks loaded with the pkb"s functionalities. Classic is not as responsive but it performs well. Size-wise it's really good. I'm certainly slower at typing on it versus the Passport. But this might just be me. The hub is the same on both devices, obviously. Reading and browsing are a bit more challenging due to the screen size but you get used to it. All in all Passport is a real power horse but the Classic has nothing to envy other devices as a communication tool. Still glad I'm on the  (sinking) ship.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    05-22-16 09:05 PM
    I would go with the Passport mostly because of the capacitive keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 09:20 PM
    Idk why people are saying BB10 OS is "dying" "sinking" I won't ever die.
    05-22-16 10:25 PM
    Classic or passport?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1463974158.189683.jpg
    undefinederror and BB_PP like this.
    05-22-16 10:29 PM
    Classic or passport?

Passport for power, Classic for the classical toolbelt.
    05-23-16 12:36 PM
    Does the classic have a touch pad on the keyboard like the passport?
    05-25-16 06:35 PM
    No, it has a track pad on the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 07:15 PM
    This.

And since you have already used that goofy passport keyboard, then there won't be any surprises there.

Maybe pop by a store one day and test out how you like typing on a Classic that they have on display.
    And test out the trackpad. That thing is so damn useful.

Posted via CB10
    Goofy? Once you learn all the tricks of the Passport keyboard, it's faster than the Classic. I like the Classic, don't get me wrong but the Passport is better in every way, sure it don't have the toolbelt but I think the track pad replaces it nicely once you get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 07:24 PM
    Get the Passport, the Classic is not worth the money.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 07:24 PM
    Goofy? Once you learn all the tricks of the Passport keyboard, it's faster than the Classic.
    You very well may be faster than I. And I certainly think the capacitive keyboard is a stellar idea(even if it is under utilized).
    But I don't believe I want to be learning the 'trick' of searching for the misplaced space bar. Or adding spaces in every word that contains a letter B or V.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 08:55 PM
    With the passport v space bar b it's not bad at all. Coming from a q and a classic I miss the number keys and symbols the most, however swipe to delete and insert a word almost makes up for it. Both have great keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 09:17 PM
    You very well may be faster than I. And I certainly think the capacitive keyboard is a stellar idea(even if it is under utilized).
    But I don't believe I want to be learning the 'trick' of searching for the misplaced space bar. Or adding spaces in every word that contains a letter B or V.

Posted via CB10
    I actually found the keyboard quite fast. The only keys you need to touch for are period and comma, but double space inserts the period, so only necessary for ellipses. You can also swipe down and keys are then you can use keys as shortcuts for symbols.. it's actually handy, and I wish the classic also had the ability... at the cost of the toolbelt though, it isn't worth it.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 09:36 PM
    Both phones are really good. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    05-26-16 01:04 PM
    Have been an a blackberry user for many years and now retiring my bold 9900 for the classic. I do plan on adding the passport to the collection. Can not wait to open the box tomorrow, had to tell someone. lol
    05-26-16 05:22 PM
    I used the Classic for 6 months, changed jobs so gave it up. New job and a new Passport SE.

Imho, the Passport is better for what I do. Still not quite as fast typing on the 3 row kboard but I'm getting faster (coming from Curves, torch and Bold and Z30 before the Classic)

I like the PP screen size for my tired eyes. Speed "seems" faster searching contacts etc.

The Passport SE does feel a tad top heavy but can easily be balanced in hands. Of course, it isn't really a one hand typing instrument.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    05-28-16 08:39 AM
61 123