Classic!

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    05-28-16 12:13 PM
    I have owned both but settled for the classic for the size and keyboard. Don't get me wrong the passport is a great device but just too large for a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 09:09 PM
    I used to have a Passport (now using an iPhone), but considering a Passport or a Classic for a second phone (mainly to drive email traffic to it). I love the size of the Classic, but a bit worried about the performance, which I loved about the Passport...
    06-06-16 06:27 PM
    I have both and flip through them regularly.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

It's a matter of form factor like conite said.

The keyboards are both awesome. I prefer the classic keyboard overall even though the Passport is my daily driver currently. The trackpad beats the Passport double tap and swipe thing hands down. One handed operation with physical call buttons is great.

Since you've had the Passport you already know about the speed and screen.

For people that say the phone is slow, it all depends on what you are using the phone for. Since its made with Q10 internals, it's not going to be the best app wise, especially when compared to the Passport.

Since you've had the Passport already, I suggest getting a Classic and seeing if you like it they can be had on the cheap on Amazon. The classic that I am typing this on was bought for less than 200 including shipping.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    06-06-16 07:25 PM
    I have both, I love passport speed and screen but I found myself using classic for daily just because the size.
    Classic is a perfect daily communicating tool, for anything else, passport.

Posted via CB10
    schlemer likes this.
    06-06-16 11:27 PM
    I've been using the Classic for a couple months now and it is an amazing phone! And guess what: just today, I got my original black Passport. The Passport is an amazing phone too... can't decide!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 11:56 PM
    You need to get both lol

Classic while travelling because of its size and one handed usage and passport when you work from home or when not travelling.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 10:56 AM
    You need to get both lol

Classic while travelling because of its size and one handed usage and passport when you work from home or when not travelling.

Posted via CB10
    That's funny because I actually see it as the opposite! I prefer the Passport for travelling and the Classic for when at home.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 12:20 PM
    I have two classics, unlocked and verizon branded, I will pick up the passport soon, the prices are dropping so you should get a nice deal

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 05:57 PM
    For me, a Classic.

But, if prices let's say goes down. Then i would gladly try a Passport.

Classic my daily driver and a Passport (soon) for back-up.

Pinoy Whiteberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-07-16 11:47 PM
    Classic

Better size
    Better keyboard
    Toolbelt
    Had a passport for a while and it felt like a Phablet in my pocket

Ymmv

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 11:28 AM
    I love my Classic... and my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 06:58 PM
    Neither. The Passport is too big and cumbersome. Classic is too slow and low spec. Both are too expensive and oddly shaped. Go Leap or Z30
    06-11-16 09:30 PM
    Neither. The Passport is too big and cumbersome. Classic is too slow and low spec. Both are too expensive and oddly shaped. Go Leap or Z30
    What do you currently use?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 09:37 PM
    I agree on ur observation with classic.. Classic is a great device minus the lag which annoys me. Which I was not experiencing right now on my passport silver edition.. I only had spotify before on my classic. right now I have spotify waze and grabtaxi as my android app. thanks to more updated specs of passport. using spotify on my passport is not a hassle anymore. Yeah the built sucks but I find it useful on viewing apps. On perfect world passport's specs on a classic is perfect and a four row keyboard on passport is good

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 04:52 AM
    I have both, I love passport speed and screen but I found myself using classic for daily just because the size.
    Classic is a perfect daily communicating tool, for anything else, passport.

Posted via CB10
    ^ Perfectly stated. 'Nuff said! ^
    06-12-16 06:43 AM
    I love my Classic, came from a Q10. It has a better keyboard, and I love the physical buttons for phone and the back button and yes the trackpad is just awesome. I find it perfect for me and the size is very comfortable in the hand while on a call
    06-12-16 09:05 AM
    Those people here using the Classic: do you ever rock it naked??! (ie. no case?)

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 10:47 AM
    Had a Passport, great phone, but needed a compact and productive phone to replace Bold 9900. Classic fits in my shirt pockets and does the job for me.
    06-12-16 11:03 AM
    Those people here using the Classic: do you ever rock it naked??! (ie. no case?)

Posted via CB10
    Always and with a Seidio holster.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 01:21 PM
    Does the classic really lag that bad compared to the passport?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I took my classic out of its otterbox just for a change. Then I dropped it and got a minor ding by the power jack. Back into the otterbox it went. I actually prefer the feel of it in case. Now for some strange reason, I used my passport totally without a case. I really love the feel of it.

Posted via my awesome Blacberry 10 device.
    06-12-16 01:46 PM
    Major scare last night. I dropped my naked blue Classic when I got out of my car yesterday and it landed face first on the parking lot asphalt. Luckily the PKB was raised high enough that my screen was not scratched. But when I tried to reboot the phone froze. Fortunately it is now working again after I let the battery run out overnight. Think I'll be getting a Seidio Surface case really soon!

Getting back to topic, I've used my sister's white Passport. For her, it's perfect because she needs the screen space and can use the device as a phablet. But for me, it is too awkward having to hold it with both hands.

I therefore suggest the Classic if the OP wants to be able to hold and possibly use the device with one hand. The trackpad will be more precise, too. I presume the PKB experience is what most of us on this here thread tout the most. That said, the Z30, which I also own, offers the best VKB of all slab smartphones, IMHO.
    06-12-16 03:04 PM
    Does the classic really lag that bad compared to the passport?

Posted via CB10
    Depends on your definition of lag. Is the Passport a lot more fluid and zippy? Absolutely - it's much better hardware. But the Classic (without having a Passport in the other hand to directly compare) runs BB10 quite ably, without stutters or pauses.
    Last edited by conite; 06-12-16 at 04:31 PM.
    06-12-16 03:06 PM
    For example, opening apps, or replying to texts, I notice on the q10 sometimes it takes a second for the letters to catch up to the input hence the lag., scrolling the hub also, Stuff like that. On the passport it's usually as quick as can be...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 07:49 PM
61 123