I was wondering, for those of you experiencing issues, did you do the initial setup with the nano SIM installed?
    I've noted in the manual that it says, "To set up your BlackBerry 10 device, you need a nano SIM card" & "A network connection is required for some of the features within the Setup app", so I was wondering if it's a possibility that some of the issues being experienced (battery, freezes, slowness, etc) may have been caused by improper initial setup?
    I've had my device for a while, but I will not be able to get my nano SIM for a while, but I've managed to resist the temptation to do the initial setup without it since the manual states not to.
    ViaCassian likes this.
    12-24-14 05:50 AM
    I've been running my Classic sans sim card and sans media card since I got it on the 19th. No issues at all except for minor lag due to checking its limits.

Turn it on and check it out on your wifi !!
    Last edited by VeryBumpy; 12-24-14 at 09:21 AM. Reason: typo
    12-24-14 07:26 AM
    It was just wondering if it could have been the source of some these issues. Maybe causing a slower initializing of the phone.
    12-24-14 08:10 AM
    It was just wondering if it could have been the source of some these issues. Maybe causing a slower initializing of the phone.
    had no issue on mine when I set it up without a nano
    12-24-14 08:52 AM
    I'm going to do the setup without the sim as I tried charging it and it wouldn't. I don't live in the US, so obviously if I leave it would be a real hassle to return if there is a problem.
    What you guys think, no problem setting up without the sim? (I know I have two yays)
    12-24-14 04:51 PM
    I'm going to do the setup without the sim as I tried charging it and it wouldn't. I don't live in the US, so obviously if I leave it would be a real hassle to return if there is a problem.
    What you guys think, no problem setting up without the sim? (I know I have two yays)
    I have set up Passports, Z30's, Q10's. Z3's, Q5's and Z10's without a SIM card without issues.

I don't see what the Classic would be any different. During setup it should give you the option to swipe left to skip SIM setup.

Go for it! Enjoy!
    12-24-14 04:57 PM
    Would it require me to put in my BB ID? I'm assuming if I have to do that I would loose it from my present phone and loose bbm which wouldn't be ideal as I really need it for the rest of this trip.
    12-24-14 05:29 PM
    Would it require me to put in my BB ID? I'm assuming if I have to do that I would loose it from my present phone and loose bbm which wouldn't be ideal as I really need it for the rest of this trip.
    Yes you will require your BB Id and u wont lose anything. Just dont transfer your BBM from the other bb to the new one. I mean dont set up ur bbm for use yet on the new classic
    12-24-14 06:26 PM
    Yes you will require your BB Id and u wont lose anything. Just dont transfer your BBM from the other bb to the new one. I mean dont set up ur bbm for use yet on the new classic
    That is, whatever you do, don't hit the BBM icon at all. I accidentally ended up doing that and had to quickly exit the app haha

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:16 PM
    Ok, cool. Thanks.
    12-24-14 09:08 PM
    It actually gave me the option to skip the BB ID. Now up and running and put to charge.
    12-24-14 09:32 PM