Classic and q10 are slow...when you got the time to wait for them to load they're fine.
    Even though I love the q10's form factor I just switched to a PPSE I was able to catch for 100€. The most time of the day it's to big for me (when working and stuff), so I take the q10 for that time as I don't need apps that require much power then. The q10 is only to be able to write a SMS or make a call. The rest of the time I use a Passport, and it's awesome. The best device I owned so far. And I had quite much devices, even though it were not that many BB devices as I'd like to be.
    04-11-17 11:07 AM
    I love the Classic, "underpowered" and all.

If you need or use a ton of android apps, than this phone isn't for you.

To me personally, the typing experience on the classic, is so much better than on the Passport.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-11-17 12:06 PM
    To me personally, the typing experience on the classic, is so much better than on the Passport.

Agree. But the 9900 keyboard is even better. Softer and more orgasmic to type than even the Q10.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Classic and using it as my daily driver, replacing my SE. I'm forever kicking myself in the head for not picking it sooner. The feeling of holding and using it is so good.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 07:37 AM
    Agree. But the 9900 keyboard is even better. Softer and more orgasmic to type than even the Q10.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Classic and using it as my daily driver, replacing my SE. I'm forever kicking myself in the head for not picking it sooner. The feeling of holding and using it is so good.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't use the 9900 enough to make the comparison. I used it for like a week in 2014 just to see what the rage was about. I did have a curve that I used for an extended period of time that was great, but the Classic smokes that.

I'm not going to lie that I wish the Classic had more of the Passports specs, but it gets the job done, albeit a littler slower than the beast that is the PP.

I feel like the classic picks up on my typing speed, where the Passport picks up my browsing and loading things up faster.

It's a trade off that i'm willing to do.

04-12-17 07:49 AM
    If it had had a faster processor, higher res display AND a backlighted trackpad I would have kept mine. Those 3 were deal breakers for me.
    How long did you use it for? The trackpad thing threw me for a loop for a while, but the other things I pretty much got used to and it really doesn't bother me anymore.

For the 400+ that they wanted for the phone, I don't think the value was there. For the $179 that I paid for it, the issues are easily overlooked lol

04-12-17 07:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. The key spacing and curved layout on the 9900 just work best for me. However, that may have something to do with hand and finger size as well. If I had larger hands and fingers, I might prefer the Q10 or Classic keyboards for the larger size. The Passport is just too large. The amount of 'thumb travel' required across the keyboard is too great and limits your speed significantly.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 08:04 AM
    I used the passports (OG and SE) for almost two years and all the other BB10s in between, I know exactly what I'd lost when I got the Classic. It's all paid off the moment I felt it first hand of the belt and track pad when I tried the 9900 for about a week. I instantly knew I had to get my hands on the only BB10 with the same toolbelt: the Classic. I love it so much I don't feel miss out at all with regards to comparison with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 08:05 AM
    the classic is the best smartphone out there. from the design to the build quality and feel, to the multi tasking and ease, no other phone beats it. Maybe the keyone.
    04-12-17 08:23 AM
    I found the classic keyboard and key design better. I made less typos and accidental nearby keys, and no longer accidentally deleted whole paragraphs.
    04-12-17 08:29 AM
    I've been using BlackBerry since the 857. I went classic to iphone to priv to galaxy s7 and just picked up a brand new classic. This form factor is built for me. Mail, calendar, contacts kill what apple has. I also have wireless charging maybe the keyone will be the device that gets me off bb10 but until it's released and ready, I'll keep working on my classic!
    04-12-17 08:32 AM
    the fastest bb10 experience you can get is a Passport. After that it is a Z30/Classic... think they are the same.
    04-12-17 10:04 AM
    the fastest bb10 experience you can get is a Passport. After that it is a Z30/Classic... think they are the same.
    and q10 as it is basically the same as the classic.
    04-12-17 10:11 AM
    Fastest as in speed? I'll give you that one.

Fastest as in typing speed? I have to vote Classic on that.

04-12-17 10:18 AM
    I had a Q10, then Google Pixel and have just received a Classic. It's an amazing device. Don't get me wrong, the Pixel is great but the constant misspellings drove me insane. Classic feels better in the hand and to use than the Q10, only just mind 😁
    04-12-17 04:47 PM
    If Verizon had jumped on the Passport wagon, I would've had one for sure. The SE model is so nice...bums me out that I've never had the chance to use one.
    04-14-17 06:49 AM
    If Verizon had jumped on the Passport wagon, I would've had one for sure. The SE model is so nice...bums me out that I've never had the chance to use one.
    Ditto!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:10 AM
    What were your plans like at Verizon that you weren't tempted to switch carriers?

04-14-17 07:44 AM
    What were your plans like at Verizon that you weren't tempted to switch carriers?

Not plan I bet. Coverage hands down

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 03:29 PM
    I have been reading the Classic posts since I got my Classic this December. I went from a Z30 I had for 3 years then a Priv I had for 3 weeks at Christmas. Great phone but hated android. I went back to the Bell store & got this. The camera is one of the worst. Programs load slowly even on wifi. Sorry to rant maybe it's Bells software. After the last update my blue tooth stopped working. It's been over a month.

Posted via CB10
    Listen to Conite's advise. I've observed that carrier's pushed update some how mess up with Classic and make it a real lousy phone. A fresh install in most cases help.
    04-14-17 04:23 PM
    Add me please 2C08CAB3. It's the first time using Blackberry classic. I am exploring it.
    05-04-17 05:16 AM
    Just to tell you how bad the Classic is (from a produtive perpective) I buyed a Passport to switch, because I really love that phone. Bigger screen, bigger ram, bigger in everthing... guess what? already spent 1 month playing with it, and I have not yet changed the sim card from Classic... I really love the Classic (calls, hub, full keyboard, acceptable screen size) Classic is a phone to be productive (limit your android apps to 2/3 essentials, and uncheck the notifications in android settings app (use total commander for it) otherwise you will slow down your phone and will have battery issues). Don´t fall into the mistake of comparing it to K1. The size of Classic is the limit! However q10 has the best size, but i really need that cursor and answer key!
    waqaskkkhan likes this.
    05-15-17 09:30 AM
    I have a question and it's probably a somewhat dumb question but how do I know if my Classic has the wireless charging?

I bought it used on ebay, I'm on AT&T and it has the AT&T logo on the back. That should automatically answer my question but if someone could confirm I'd appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 07:44 PM
    I have a question and it's probably a somewhat dumb question but how do I know if my Classic has the wireless charging?

I bought it used on ebay, I'm on AT&T and it has the AT&T logo on the back. That should automatically answer my question but if someone could confirm I'd appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    It has wireless charging as long as the att logo is on the back.
    09-16-17 09:35 PM
    It has wireless charging as long as the att logo is on the back.
    Thank you jfalkingham, much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-16-17 10:07 PM
    Thank you jfalkingham, much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    You're already ahead of the iPhone x crowd with wireless charging and swiping up to get home!
    danifulger likes this.
    09-17-17 06:16 AM
55 123