Classic OEM Holster-img_20150517_162626.jpg

I've had this holster for some time but used it sparingly. Until today I had no issues with it but I was out and about with this clipped on the hip and noticed some things that will keep me from using it anymore.

While walking around, carrying kids stuff in the park I noticed a few times my phone was restarting. Over and over again I took it out of its case only to see the BlackBerry circle going around after rebooting.

Part of me was thinking oh no...Here we go again. But after seeing when it was happening, I figured it out. The tab at the top was pushing down on the power key over and over restarting the device.

Going to have to rethink what I'll be carrying my Classic in from now on seeing how this issue will be a pain in the **** for sure.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    05-17-15 03:31 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150517_162626.jpg 
Views:	893 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	353309

I've had this holster for some time but used it sparingly. Until today I had no issues with it but I was out and about with this clipped on the hip and noticed some things that will keep me from using it anymore.
    I got one for my Dad and noticed it was too snug. With the metal sides, it was hard for him to pull it from the holster (slippery) and he often hit the volume keys on the side. He's getting the Seidio Spring Clip holster (noticed it on sale at CrackBerry a few days ago)...

Seidio Spring-Clip Holster for BlackBerry Classic | BlackBerry Holsters | CrackBerry Canada

If you're worried about protecting the phone they also have the Surface combo:

Seidio Super Value Combo SURFACE Holster and Seidio SURFACE Case (Black) for BlackBerry Classic | BlackBerry Case & Holster Combos | CrackBerry Canada
    05-17-15 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the ideas. The top clip of the one you posted. Wouldn't that interfere with the top power button on the Classic....which was causing my restart problems today?

05-17-15 03:57 PM
    Thanks for the ideas. The top clip of the one you posted. Wouldn't that interfere with the top power button on the Classic....which was causing my restart problems today?

Now that you mention it, lol... Well, I guess I'll find out when he gets it and let you know.
    05-17-15 04:03 PM
    OEM holster has been a pain for me also Way too tight fit and also hitting buttons getting it out , used it twice and no more . Quality control department must have shut down also .
    05-17-15 04:17 PM
    Go with a Seidio (naked) holster. They have been great for me for years.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 08:51 PM
    This is a nice cheap case from amazon.

BlackBerry Classic Q20, LF 4 in 1 Bundle Accessory -Hybrid Armor Stand Case with Holster and Locking Belt Clip, Screen Protector & Wiper (AT&T/Verizon) (Holster*...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:11 PM
    I have the Seido spring clip for my Note 4 and the OEM Blackberry holster for my Classic -I learned it's all about placement :

Classic - make sure you insert it screen face up with the volume buttons facing out. I holst it horizontal your body pressing against it can cause the restarts. Once I switch placement it hasn't restarted. Also when unholstering you have to grip it just right and it slides right out I love it. One finger right above the volume up button and the other the same.

Note - ugh the Seido Snapped! On Friday. I was leaving a Verizon interview and the Spring clip holster snapped. Causing my note 4 to fall!!!!! It was in perfect condition never dropped and now I have this ugly scratch I was so pissed - still am

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-18-15 07:03 AM
    Do you think the Holster has any spare room to accommodate a Classic that is already wearing a protective case? Or is it so tight that it really only can take the phone itself?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 10:52 AM
    Do you think the Holster has any spare room to accommodate a Classic that is already wearing a protective case? Or is it so tight that it really only can take the phone itself?

Posted via CB10
    Tried to use my OEM soft case with the holster (and pocket case also) but it's a no go. To tight of a fit for me to easily take it out/in.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 01:15 PM
    Used oem holster since they shipped, no problems. I do use the top button to wake rather than swipe. Once in a while the tab goes in with the phone that's not great, they should go back to the wider flap that was pinned to the corner.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:07 PM
    I got the seido belt clip case from amazon and I am really enjoying it!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 02:17 PM
    Need to try this out
    05-18-15 02:18 PM
    Hmm, considering I ordered a case from ebay, I might just get the passport holster for it. If you know what I mean... it'll have plenty of room to hold two BlackBerry smartphones (I think).

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 05:54 PM
    The Passport case is 120 and up. Way too much money for what it is.....
    05-20-15 03:59 PM

Nope, there's a notch cut out of it for the button.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-20-15 04:08 PM
    I have the Seido spring clip for my Note 4 and the OEM Blackberry holster for my Classic -I learned it's all about placement :

Classic - make sure you insert it screen face up with the volume buttons facing out. I holst it horizontal your body pressing against it can cause the restarts. Once I switch placement it hasn't restarted. Also when unholstering you have to grip it just right and it slides right out I love it. One finger right above the volume up button and the other the same.

Note - ugh the Seido Snapped! On Friday. I was leaving a Verizon interview and the Spring clip holster snapped. Causing my note 4 to fall!!!!! It was in perfect condition never dropped and now I have this ugly scratch I was so pissed - still am

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Never had a single issue with restarts using the Seidio sideways... Nothing comes close to touching the button in the Seidio holster... Putting it facing up, perpendicular to your waistline, is most likely what caused your holster to break since you're pushing on it with your thigh every time you sit down and other things will push on it depending on how your body is positioned.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-20-15 04:10 PM
    I use the crossdraw position with my OEM holster. Sits horizontal on the left hip; I draw it out with the right hand. Insert it back in screen in, top first, and lock it before holstering. Haven't had any problems with it that way. Basically I holster it upside-down and backwards, with the holster cranked sideways. It sounds weird, but it works well.

From a Classic
    05-20-15 04:19 PM