So anyone who's followed any of my threads know I've waiting to upgrade my q10 and my gf her bold to the classic. Finally made it to our carrier and played with a demo for a few minutes but had to run so didn't get to long a hands on.

1. Hate that the made the pad soooo small.

2. Selecting text seems very odd with the pad. I click on the starting word and try to click on end word of text I want selected but second click always undoes selection... I tried long clicking and it doesn't do anything. Had to touch screen and use the horrible bubbles... Any tips on how to us the trackpad for selecting accuracy of text.

3. When in a txt msg, hitting call button seems to bring up contacts app and not calling directly the person that sent the text like on os7. Is that the case or only because perhaps the contact wasn't in the contacts app... Or is it a Multi step process still to call from a txt msg..

4. All the silliness about specs was just that, flow between everything is fine. Maybe playing games through android apps it could be an issue but outside of apps, didn't any reason for more horsepower in the chipset.

5. Indoor, under mall lighting screen seemed fine if not better then q10. That said, default seems to bright for my taste and didn't play with settings.

6. Size.. Overall seems ok. I prefer my q10 size but I get people prefer larger phones now.

I'm sticking with q and see what's coming in 2015 but think it's finally time for anyone to ditch their bolds for the classic. Even if they didn't do a perfect job implementing the trackpad, still way better when web browsing then touching screen. Back button etc and end call really nice to have too.

Any idea when the white classic will be out in canada??? She's holding off if it's a couple months.
    01-03-15 08:51 PM
    So anyone who's followed any of my threads know I've waiting to upgrade my q10 and my gf her bold to the classic. Finally made it to our carrier and played with a demo for a few minutes but had to run so didn't get to long a hands on.

1. Hate that the made the pad soooo small.

yes it is small but you get use to it

2. Selecting text seems very odd with the pad. I click on the starting word and try to click on end word of text I want selected but second click always undoes selection... I tried long clicking and it doesn't do anything. Had to touch screen and use the horrible bubbles... Any tips on how to us the trackpad for selecting accuracy of text

I don't know how you were doing that b4. with this one place the curser at the beginning of a word then hold the arrow up and move the curser it will highlight as you go then push on menu, copy is highlighted tap the pad to copy or move the curser when thechoices appear or hold the pad for seconds it will highlight a paragraph then menu copy

3. When in a txt msg, hitting call button seems to bring up contacts app and not calling directly the person that sent the text like on os7. Is that the case or only because perhaps the contact wasn't in the contacts app... Or is it a Multi step process still to call from a txt msg..

while in txt>menu>call. Not the call button itself

4. All the silliness about specs was just that, flow between everything is fine. Maybe playing games through android apps it could be an issue but outside of apps, didn't any reason for more horsepower in the chipset.
    yep

5. Indoor, under mall lighting screen seemed fine if not better then q10. That said, default seems to bright for my taste and didn't play with settings.

yep settings

6. Size.. Overall seems ok. I prefer my q10 size but I get people prefer larger phones now.

I do

I'm sticking with q and see what's coming in 2015 but think it's finally time for anyone to ditch their bolds for the classic. Even if they didn't do a perfect job implementing the trackpad, still way better when web browsing then touching screen. Back button etc and end call really nice to have too.

Any idea when the white classic will be out in canada??? She's holding off if it's a couple months.
    Last edited by Alain_A; 01-03-15 at 09:08 PM.
    01-03-15 08:57 PM