Title says it all.. I am on a Q10 now with Verizon - edge payment plan- I can "edge up" same monthly installments for a Classic. I would enjoy the larger screen and trackpad.

Worth it or not? Slider is my favorite form factor ( I miss my pre3!!!)

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 09:40 AM
    If you're already on the Q10 just wait for the slider.

The classic is nice but you should only get it if your really need the tool belt

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 10:45 AM
    Stick with the q10. I upgraded to the classic but i sent it back.
    06-06-15 10:55 AM
    Honestly, if BlackBerry didn't have a nasty little habit of delaying product launches or being late, I would say just wait until the end of the year and get the slider, because it's not like you're on an antiquated phone.

But the way BlackBerry is, it could be announced at the end of the year, and then come out in other places of the world early 2016, and not make it to Shop BlackBerry (which is just GSM) until after that... and usually Verizon gets devices after the GSM ones are launched, or not at all (like the Passport).

So if you're itching for a new phone and it won't cost you an arm and a leg, I'd get the Classic now, and I'm not sure how your program works, but maybe you can upgrade in about a year when I'd bet that slider is out.

I had the Q10 until last September when the Passport came out, but I have the Classic now, and the Classic is a better experience than the Q10 was for me. It's a bigger and better keyboard, the screen is bigger, and I very much like the tool belt's return.
    06-06-15 08:31 PM
    The tool belt is nice. I felt like the tool belt was missing on the passport. If only they had incorporated the little arrow/mouse on to the touch keyboard of the passport, but they didn't. If u r getting around well with the Q10 and really want something that u feel it's an upgrade then just wait. Classic would have been perfect if only the specs were better.
    06-06-15 08:38 PM
    It depends if you're bored with the Q10.
    If yes, get the classic (preferably contract-free) and sell it once the slider is about to be released (announced for a certain releasedate @ providers).
    If no, stick to the Q10 and wait for your preferred phone (slider).
    Either case, I think it will be a loooooooooooooooooong wait for the slider comes out (I mean, look how long many of us are waiting for the blue/bronze classic already).
    BB should do what Apple/Samsung does: announce a phone and bring it out as fast as possible and NOT letting everyone down by not even saying anything about an approx. release date. It's just beyond frustrating.
    06-07-15 06:36 AM
    Title says it all.. I am on a Q10 now with Verizon - edge payment plan- I can "edge up" same monthly installments for a Classic. I would enjoy the larger screen and trackpad.

Worth it or not? Slider is my favorite form factor ( I miss my pre3!!!)

Posted via CB10
    You miss the Pre3???

 Instant Classic!
    06-07-15 07:29 AM
    Heck yeah the pre3 was awesome and webos was and is the most productive mobile os... bb10 is close but I could do SO much more stuff more efficiently with cards and webos than ios, droid, windows or bb10 - bb10 is just the closest and has keyboards... and I dropped and killed my pre3 or I would still use it.

I most likely be able to upgrade to the slider even if I get a classic now.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 09:00 PM
    Didn't BlackBerry go wrong by rushing phones n tablets out in past n not taking their time to get them right.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 09:32 PM
    I think by announcing, then delaying (either deliberately or not) launch of white/blue/bronze classic and/or slider phones is a way for BB to keep the stock buoyant. After all, BB is in survival mode. If Chen comes out and says: "hey, we're gonna launch a white/blue/bronze classic /slider phone in 6-18 months, the stock would nosedive. But if he shows it, and says "its coming soon", then keeps stringing everybody along, the stock price remains mostly unchanged.
    06-09-15 03:54 PM
    Ordered via edge on verizon- was on backorder for today during the weekend- and yesterday and today was just "sold out" and then moved to available shipping on the 11th so I ordered, we will see.

I'll just pay down to 50% on the edge plan to upgrade to the slider whenever if ever it happens on verizon.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 05:18 PM
    Got my classic today... wow... the size is much MUCH better than the Q10, the q was passable size, this is much more comfortable.

Toolbar is nice, but I do concur with most that the choices for some of the function keys it... questionable lol.

Also, how do I keep the darn hub from defaulting to the HUB and not my emails or whatever... I don't use the dumb hub.

Why hasn't this ver of bb10 gone out to the q10 it's much nicer... and I know the specs are the same but it is working faster imo.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 05:11 PM
    What makes anyone think verizon will get the slider? Get the classic enjoy it it's a nice phone. Feels like the Q10's big brother typing is better bigger keyboard bigger screen better looking screen battery lasts longer trackpad helps. What else do you need to know

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 10:31 PM