Like it or not, among Blackberry customers, there is still solid demand for OS7 phones all around the world. Enterprise and consumer.
    02-22-15 09:43 AM
    Lol well that's a long list that doesn't really bother me that much. Now about those 2 operating systems, this is my first ever blackberry (passport) and I got it because of the new BlackBerry 10 OS and the of course the processor. Now about those missing features, it'd be nice to see them trickle in through future updates. This was just the "missing features list" I was looking for. Thanks OP

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:45 AM
    Like it or not, among Blackberry customers, there is still solid demand for OS7 phones all around the world. Enterprise and consumer.
    BlackBerry knows this. And that's why they still support it. But they want to turn this into BB10 demand and roll off BBOS. That's why they released the classic.

Make no mistake. BlackBerry is burning TONS of money supporting both OSES. Imagine how much a BBOS dev costs? Experience coding BBOS has to be hair thin these days. Can't imagine it's cheap to secure a dev

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:45 PM
    BlackBerry knows this. And that's why they still support it. But they want to turn this into BB10 demand and roll off BBOS. That's why they released the classic.

Make no mistake. BlackBerry is burning TONS of money supporting both OSES. Imagine how much a BBOS dev costs? Experience coding BBOS has to be hair thin these days. Can't imagine it's cheap to secure a dev

Posted via CB10
    BBOS makes profit, BB10 is just burning money. They don't burn money to "support" BBOS.

Say somebody who bought a BBOS device 10 years ago and still uses that same device, that user still makes BB money from service fees.
    02-23-15 01:19 AM
    BBOS makes profit, BB10 is just burning money. They don't burn money to "support" BBOS.

Say somebody who bought a BBOS device 10 years ago and still uses that same device, that user still makes BB money from service fees.
    So why make bb10? Why call the new device the classic and say it's to concert those bbos folks who have been waiting for the classic UX?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:45 AM
    So why make bb10? Why call the new device the classic and say it's to concert those bbos folks who have been waiting for the classic UX?

Posted via CB10
    Beats me because besides the "tool belt" it has nothing in common with Legacy devices. It was a feeble attempt to convince BBOS users to switch.

It has none of the Legacy benefits and it doesn't take full advantage of the BB10 either
    WES51 likes this.
    02-23-15 07:54 AM
    I can not even imagine using a tiny little Curve. Buy a used 9900 if you prefer BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:18 AM
    Beats me because besides the "tool belt" it has nothing in common with Legacy devices. It was a feeble attempt to convince BBOS users to switch.

It has none of the Legacy benefits and it doesn't take full advantage of the BB10 either
    The conversation was "does blackberry want to convert bbos users to bb10", not if they succeeded in it.

You seem to suggest that they don't since bbos makes them profit. So I ask why did they make the classic "for bbosers" if BlackBerry themselves don't want bbosers to switch?

The question was not

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:04 AM
    Awesome post op! Exactly what I need. OS 10 can't really compare to 7 in terms of efficiency
    02-23-15 07:25 PM
    Awesome post op! Exactly what I need. OS 10 can't really compare to 7 in terms of efficiency
    I guess if you invest the time and energy to becoming a BBOS subject matter expert and you have a massive need to use your phone for e-mails and texting while having little need for modern apps and fast internet browsing.
    02-23-15 09:00 PM
    Totally on your side. I have my Classic (do not like this name) for three weeks now and I am also realizing the "tool belt" (hate that name) is just a fa�ade. "Cumbersome" is THE word for it. Nothing works fast. Everythings takes much too long. The system is not made for the trackpad or rather the trackpad is not made for the system. Even picking up a phone call takes way too long. One cannot switch between apps without f+++ing swiping around. I am really considering buying a new bold 9900. OS7 is so good, OS10, while not being crap anymore, is still far, far away from being as productivity enhancing as OS7. And since they did not fix the missing app-problem, I can easily go back to OS7. Really disappointed.
    07-07-15 03:16 PM
    Nothing works fast. Everythings takes much too long.
    Wow, so true!

I need some old info off my old Curve. Holy cow is this Curve quick and responsive. Screens and actions happen absolutely instantly vs waiting a second or 3 in each Classic command.

How backwards we have gone in the quickness department with phones.
    01-08-16 07:32 AM
137 ... 456