62 123
tools
    if that can help you

CrackBerry User
    Posts73 PostsGlobal Posts74 Global Posts
    12-21-2014, 05:41 PM
    #26 Report Post
    I think you have a faulty device.

I take my phone off charge at 6am, 6pm comes and I'm at 51%.

20+ emails a day sent, receive on average 20 emails a day, with 50% of them replied to, numerous (100+) texts to the wife, 5 phone calls minimum every 2-3 hrs. My job - I work in Projects, so I'm on my phone quite a lot.

I do not play any games, I do not have Skype on, I rarely check facebook while working, I don't tweet or instagram and have only taken one photo with this thing. I use it for work and work only.

If you work, it will last all day. If you are a social media addict, I do not know how long it will last.

Posted via CB10
    Is that with a Classic or a Passport? I'm already confident of the Passport's battery life.
    12-29-14 10:40 PM
    Is that with a Classic or a Passport? I'm already confident of the Passport's battery life.
    Classic
    12-29-14 10:53 PM
    any BB10 device with internal specs less than the z30 cannot even get a glance from me and that was the major fail for the classic...i used the Storm through 9810 and i have absolutely no nostalgic feeling about the darn tool belt that lots of folks go on about

yes the Passport is a two handed phone and the 10.3.0 OS has not started taking full advantage of the monstrous spec inside the device but i'd rather have that than take a z10 equivalent with a tool belt
    Last edited by walcolm; 12-30-14 at 03:08 AM. Reason: typo
    Carmels likes this.
    12-30-14 02:56 AM
    I am in the process of coming back to BB. I too am a bit confused as to which one to buy. I am going to pull the trigger tonight on Amazon. I have played with both the Classic and the Passport and can't make up my damn mind. I felt the Passport felt a little funny to type on but maybe I would get use to that.

I played with the Classic and while I like it, i hate giving up the screen size and it does feel old. I know thats a little foolish and I know it is designed for an upgraded 9900.

I am coming from an iPhone 6+ and I had to do a lot of thinking as to coming back to BB. But you just can't deny the fact that BB handles email, texts, calendars and reminders better than any OS out there. The iPhone and Android is great with apps, games, and web browsing, maps etc. But when I really think about it, if I use 3 or 4 apps I'm lucky. The only other thing I was concerned about is BB Maps, I didn't really like it. I use Google and now I hear we can download "Snaps" and download google maps. If thats true, then its a winner.

I just have to decide which BB to get. I was hoping for some thoughts from actual users of both devices.

Thanks,

Wayne
    Myself personally coming from the 6 plus,the classic didn't do it for me. Battery life isn't close to the 6+ and the screen size is to hard to get use to. I exchanged for the passport and couldn't be happier. Battery life is way better than 6+ and the screen size is amazing

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:02 AM
    A - 1-handed usability is very important to me because I am in school and do a lot of walking between bus stops / buildings / down hallways / etc. and carry a lunchbox in my left hand, and it's important that I'm productive when I'm walking between places since I do a decent amount of it throughout the day.
    Read my post (#45) on the subject of using the passport one handed while walking. If someone knocks into you just at the point where you have the passport precariously perched on your little finger and your thumb is stretching over to reach one of the last three keys on the keyboard you will drop the passport. As you just can't grip it properly and reach for one of the last keys, you have to tilt the phone to be able to reach the last three letters. It IS possible to type one handed on a passport, but it is that little bit more difficult while walking and if you drop it while you are walking it has further to fall. I know you have tried holding your passport in your hand to see what a BlackBerry passport feels like (and I did the same before I bought one) but a paper passport is nowhere near the weight of the real thing. I need to try the real thing, buy online you could always send it back.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 06:10 AM
    The extra screen real estate and belt were plenty enough for me to switch from my Q. But I agree that the intent is to draw legacy users.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    Ya I can see the appeal in having extra screen real estate for sure, seeing as I use a Z30.

I'm not a Q10 user myself but my wife is. If it wasn't for the price tag of the Classic unlocked or having to sign another carrier agreement to subsidize the phone cost on an upgrade, then that appeal for screen real estate would definitely warrant a move to the Classic. I personally don't find having the tool belt back on a BlackBerry an advantage on an all gesture based OS but that's MO. But having to take one evil over the other (full price vs. contract) is of no benefit and sticking with the Q10 is the rational choice in my case.

With that being said, to each there own right?! If the individuals moving from a Q10 to a Classic are willing to sign a contract or pay full pop and are happy to do so, then who am I to tell them otherwise. It is my opinion, that the Classic does not offer enough of a technical incentive i.e. new functionality or specs if that's your thing, for me to justify my time and money to make the switch.

Let's face it, we all know the wife ant managing the tech department in this house hold!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    12-30-14 09:17 AM
    Please let me add my experience, from another thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/general...review-986639/)

I have the chance to sport a test unit of the Classic for a few days and I wanted to share a quick feedback about it. Many have done it already so I'll keep it short and base it *only* on my personal feelings and experience (it's not a in deep feature comparison), in one single sentence or even word.
    P.S: My device history is 9000-> 9900 -> Z10 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport / Classic (both under 10.3.1 beta/official).

1. The first minute after unboxing. I believe that's the moment you know how you'll feel with the device.
    Passport : "Stunning gorgeous"
    Classic : "Nice looking workhorse"

2. Usage
    Passport : "Forget about your laptop"
    Classic: "The best and easiest (for non current BB10 users) BB10 on the go workhorse "

3. Quality perception
    Passport : "Top notch and sexy"
    Classic : "urban adventurer"

4. In the field
    Passport : "Sit and enjoy"
    Classic: "Unsheathe and operate"

5. In the crowd (just lay down the device on a table - I'm in France)
    Passport (8 over 10 people) : " wohaaaa-whaaaaat-is-thaaaaat ?"
    Classic (4 over 10 people) : is that the new BlackBerry ? I loved/miss the keyboard"

6. Performance
    Passport : "Simply the fastest"
    Classic : "From cathodic (9900) to HD "

7. Chasms (positive)
    Passport : Screen quality, battery life, speed, "social effect"
    Classic : One handed operation, value for money, soundness.

-----------------
    Bottom line:
    -----------------

At first, I thought BlackBerry may have used the "Bold" and "Curve" to position (marketing wise) clearly those devices. Now, I (IMHO) get why they didn't; it's not only about the price (say there's +/-30% off for the Classic) but also about the usage. Both are intended for enterprise (first) and the Passport will fit better for C-level employees (and the likes) that mostly operate while at the office, traveling or at home when Classic will show unbeatable efficiency anywhere. Once seated, both will operate Blend, but the "Boss" will probably lay it down on the table - as a social/business differentiator - while others will leave it in their pockets.

I was testing the Classic while in holidays, often on the go and the one hand operation plus the "9900 keyboard feeling revival" (oh yes, the Classic Keyboard is absolutely sweet) really made my choice difficult to cut. But we're IRL and when I packed to drive back home (470 miles), the biggest screen (for GPS/ speed radar) and the battery life (or what I thought it'll be) took my SIM and SD back into the Passport. And here I am, sitting at my desk, with Blend alerts from my BBM groups, emails and Text messages: my Passport is next to me, thus he won. But I must say Classic may join my BlackBerry collection pretty soon for those days when I'm on the go and replace my Q10 in my possible choices (devices swap is so easy for me).

The Classic will probably fit more for those of you that weight their devices "value for money" first and/or mostly use their devices on the go. Yet, there are many points where Passport will produce a "power user" sentiment, starting with my own (and others') perception when I pick it out of my pocket.
    Please read me good; there's nothing wrong with that; pricing, targets and usage are very well thought and I believe those devices are both excellent in their field of operation.

P.S: Yes, I (now) wish Q10 was born Classic (I didn't when it launched) ... but that's another armchair CEO "IFs" talk !
    P.S(2) : did I write it'll be brief?

Cheers
    SF

disclaimer : while the Classic has been lend by BlackBerry, I have no further incentive or gratification (nor threat ... I guess ) to write the above, which is my personal view/perception only.
    12-30-14 09:40 AM
    To me it's just a question of size. The Passport is absolutely not a one handed phone if that's what one needs.

I would also have to give some weight to how much running of Android apps one wants to do. The Passport runs Android apps quite a bit better than early gen BlackBerry 10 devices. I expect the Classic does better than the Z10 but then it's nice to have the extra GB of RAM.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    I don't see how it would. Same CPU and ram as the z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:43 AM
    Regarding one handed use, it would be quite easy with a touch keyboard holding the Passport upside down. I hope they implement this.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:45 AM
    i think the general break point between the classic and the passport, with some fair exceptions, would be: if you can handle in your daily routine the size of the passport, then that's your phone... however, even when you like some features/aspects of the passport, if you cannot manage the size and actually is a downside, then your choice is the classic... and to the person who was wondering if Google maps works, it does perfectly... i like using BB Maps but Google Maps provides you with more details of business, stores etc in the area (disclaimer: I live in USA, if it's not the same performance everywhere)... both work flawlessly though
    12-30-14 10:12 AM
    Passport for sure! You get used to the size, and everything else is just Blackberry "squared'"...The speed and overall experience of the passport can't be beat!
    12-30-14 10:14 AM
    i think the general break point between the classic and the passport, with some fair exceptions, would be: if you can handle in your daily routine the size of the passport, then that's your phone... however, even when you like some features/aspects of the passport, if you cannot manage the size and actually is a downside, then your choice is the classic... and to the person who was wondering if Google maps works, it does perfectly... i like using BB Maps but Google Maps provides you with more details of business, stores etc in the area (disclaimer: I live in USA, if it's not the same performance everywhere)... both work flawlessly though
    The Passport is by far the better device.... but for some it will be too large (or maybe too expensive), so the Classic may fit the needs of some better.
    12-30-14 11:00 AM
62 123