I received a Classic for Christmas and I have really enjoyed it so far. I switched from a Q10 and I have to say that I really appreciate the trackpad, call and end keys, and the extra space in the keys when typing compared to the q10. The screen is awesome and 10.3.1 is clean and crisp. However, these few things would make the Classic so much more classic it would be ridiculous. Can we see these changes?!

1. Dark hub: why in the freaking world is it taking BlackBerry so long to come out with a dark hub option for 10.3?? The reverse contrast option that they advertise is a stupid gimmick that anyone who has a Classic will know immediately. You can't actually use it as it reverses everything and makes your phone look broken. I know you can make some apps dark like sms and calendar but this is not a complete solution. BlackBerry, just release the dark hub already and stop toying with us! It's so much easier to read in the dark when your eyes aren't blinded by white screens. There simply is no excuse for the setback here.

2. trackpad scrolling: Okay, I will say that after a few days of using it, I have adapted mostly to the way it works but I was expecting something a little different. I am sure that there were people drooling just like I was to see the return of the trackpad... why?? Not just to click tiny links! Not just to swipe through letters when typing. There is one main thing we were anticipating and it was the ability to scroll through screens on the Web without having to touch the stupid screen!!! Especially for us q10 users because scrolling on the screen meant pretty much blocking out the whole thing with your thumb. The scrolling trackpad option was a dream. Sadly, this dream has not been yet fully realized. Why you ask? Because the incredible scrolling experience you get when using the trackpad on BlackBerry world doesn't not transfer to the Web! And the question of the day is, why the hell not? We wanted a trackpad that would operate the same way that scrolling on the screen itself produces. I understand the use of a mouse pointer (which, by the way, needs an option to change the color bc a white mouse is almost invisible). That's why there needs to be a toggle function. Here is an idea: one long press on the trackpad when in browser would toggle the trackpad from mouse to scroller, and a simple click would return it to mouse again. There. How simple would that be? Again, we must ask BlackBerry, why have you not given this to us? We want it! Not everyone enjoys getting arthritis in their thumb from constantly swiping up the screen! Don't tell me just to scroll with the screen either. Because the trackpad does something that screen scrolling can't. It allows you to swipe in the opposite direction as the swipe. Much much easier on the thumb and more intuitive. BlackBerry, make it happen.

3. Screen rotate: finally, I have to know why BlackBerry decided not to allow us the option to turn our phone sideways. I know the screen is square, but the phone isn't. Lie on your back and hold the classic and try to read long documents or watch any media. Now turn it sideways and imagine the screen going with you. Can you see how much easier it is to hold? Sure, not everyone will want this. So make screen lock the default and then we can choose to unlock it! This would be so easy to do, it makes me mad that they have not given it to us. They gave it to passport! No love for us Classics? Additionally, the trackpad would need to rotate 90 but that should be too hard to do.

4. Wifi calling: the reason I switched to tmobile is because of one main thing: wifi calling. If you don't understand the benefits of wifi calling, please shut up and don't comment. It is so important for people who work in metal buildings and in areas where signal is weak but wifi is available. My q10 worked just fine with this feature. I am assuming the 10.3.1 update is what cancelled it. BlackBerry, please, let me fully appreciate switching to the Classic by giving us wifi calling again. Talk to t mobile. Do what it takes. We love you

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:12 AM
    I received a Classic for Christmas and I have really enjoyed it so far. I switched from a Q10 and I have to say that I really appreciate the trackpad, call and end keys, and the extra space in the keys when typing compared to the q10. The screen is awesome and 10.3.1 is clean and crisp. However, these few things would make the Classic so much more classic it would be ridiculous. Can we see these changes?!

1. Dark hub: why in the freaking world is it taking BlackBerry so long to come out with a dark hub option for 10.3?? The reverse contrast option that they advertise is a stupid gimmick that anyone who has a Classic will know immediately. You can't actually use it as it reverses everything and makes your phone look broken. I know you can make some apps dark like sms and calendar but this is not a complete solution. BlackBerry, just release the dark hub already and stop toying with us! It's so much easier to read in the dark when your eyes aren't blinded by white screens. There simply is no excuse for the setback here.

2. trackpad scrolling: Okay, I will say that after a few days of using it, I have adapted mostly to the way it works but I was expecting something a little different. I am sure that there were people drooling just like I was to see the return of the trackpad... why?? Not just to click tiny links! Not just to swipe through letters when typing. There is one main thing we were anticipating and it was the ability to scroll through screens on the Web without having to touch the stupid screen!!! Especially for us q10 users because scrolling on the screen meant pretty much blocking out the whole thing with your thumb. The scrolling trackpad option was a dream. Sadly, this dream has not been yet fully realized. Why you ask? Because the incredible scrolling experience you get when using the trackpad on BlackBerry world doesn't not transfer to the Web! And the question of the day is, why the hell not? We wanted a trackpad that would operate the same way that scrolling on the screen itself produces. I understand the use of a mouse pointer (which, by the way, needs an option to change the color bc a white mouse is almost invisible). That's why there needs to be a toggle function. Here is an idea: one long press on the trackpad when in browser would toggle the trackpad from mouse to scroller, and a simple click would return it to mouse again. There. How simple would that be? Again, we must ask BlackBerry, why have you not given this to us? We want it! Not everyone enjoys getting arthritis in their thumb from constantly swiping up the screen! Don't tell me just to scroll with the screen either. Because the trackpad does something that screen scrolling can't. It allows you to swipe in the opposite direction as the swipe. Much much easier on the thumb and more intuitive. BlackBerry, make it happen.

3. Screen rotate: finally, I have to know why BlackBerry decided not to allow us the option to turn our phone sideways. I know the screen is square, but the phone isn't. Lie on your back and hold the classic and try to read long documents or watch any media. Now turn it sideways and imagine the screen going with you. Can you see how much easier it is to hold? Sure, not everyone will want this. So make screen lock the default and then we can choose to unlock it! This would be so easy to do, it makes me mad that they have not given it to us. They gave it to passport! No love for us Classics? Additionally, the trackpad would need to rotate 90 but that should be too hard to do.

4. Wifi calling: the reason I switched to tmobile is because of one main thing: wifi calling. If you don't understand the benefits of wifi calling, please shut up and don't comment. It is so important for people who work in metal buildings and in areas where signal is weak but wifi is available. My q10 worked just fine with this feature. I am assuming the 10.3.1 update is what cancelled it. BlackBerry, please, let me fully appreciate switching to the Classic by giving us wifi calling again. Talk to t mobile. Do what it takes. We love you

Posted via CB10
    I hear you on the scrolling. I wasn't really looking for a mouse pointer, at lease I would love the option to keep it off my default. All I want scrolling to do in the browser is scroll the screen and if I want the mouse pointer for the periodic point and click, i could hold down the space bar or alt key (or something) and use it for that one time.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:18 AM
    I would like to add that I know you can force the trackpad mouse to scroll in the browser but it is sooo slow (even on the highest sensitivity) that you end up using the screen anyway. That's why it needs a toggle function. Just consider how a desktop mouse works. You slide the mouse around to point and click. But you also have the wheel in between the buttons that allows you to scroll quickly. This is what the trackpad is missing. Now, in apps like facebook, the trackpad does not bring up the mouse but instead highlights as it scrolls. This is kind of useful but it needs the ability to turn off so that is your just scrolling, you don't have to be vexed by the blue box following you and changing the contrast of a photo.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:22 AM
    1) Yes, we've all been waiting for the Dark Hub. Not just for the Classic but all BB10 devices.
    2) That's how it worked on legacy OS. I think what we have here is that some people want the track pad to work exactly like it did with the legacy OS so they don't have to adapt to too much change. In a web page, if you want to scroll down and not touch the screen, use the SPACE bar.
    3) No comment
    4) BlackBerry 10 supports this and it would be up to T-Mobile to support the Classic with Wi-Fi Calling. Your gripe is therefore with TMO. Maybe you should contact them and ask them to support the Classic rather than what they were doing which was getting people to downgrade from BB to iOS.
    12-30-14 10:25 AM
    Yes I understand it is for tmobile to add ultimately. However, their reason for not adding is do to their relationship wit BlackBerry, not me. I can therefore, gripe at them all I want but it is up to BlackBerry to make a deal with tmobile. Also, I have noticed that the wifi calling app doesn't work at all when I open it. It doesn't give the option to turn off and just says error. Broken app? Anybody have a better link?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:32 AM
    Also, the spacebar doesn't work if you are reading and it jumps and your eyes lose their place. You want a smooth interaction just like when you are using the screen itself. I know legacy users had something they were looking for. How about a toggle function that would please everyone?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:35 AM
    Also, the spacebar doesn't work if you are reading and it jumps and your eyes lose their place. You want a smooth interaction just like when you are using the screen itself. I know legacy users had something they were looking for. How about a toggle function that would please everyone?

Posted via CB10
    not true works very nice on mine..by way the thanks for the tips. I did not know about the space bar for scrolling through the page. also track pad is not slow and still scroll through page
    12-30-14 11:45 AM
    op I think you need a little more time with this os (with the tool belt) to learn how it is working surely not the same as the old system
    12-30-14 11:51 AM
    Agreed on above original post

Started from the 7230, currently at Q10 (tmobile USA)
    12-30-14 12:14 PM
    Yes I understand it is for tmobile to add ultimately. However, their reason for not adding is do to their relationship wit BlackBerry, not me. I can therefore, gripe at them all I want but it is up to BlackBerry to make a deal with tmobile. Also, I have noticed that the wifi calling app doesn't work at all when I open it. It doesn't give the option to turn off and just says error. Broken app? Anybody have a better link?

Posted via CB10
    Would you please tell me which wifi app that you use? I really need an app to boost mine. Thank you.
    12-30-14 12:29 PM
    Would you please tell me which wifi app that you use? I really need an app to boost mine. Thank you.
    it is only exist for t-mobile
    12-30-14 01:10 PM
    About the trackpad:

I have adjusted myself the best I can to get used to it. However, a simple toggle on/off scroll to mouse would be the supreme solution and it would be arguably very simple to implement.

As far as I know, all of my suggestions can be added to the Classic without having to change any hardware. A simple software update for Classic would be sufficient to make the changes. Come on BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:40 PM