Congratz... but you can't play Crysis on a Nexus 4. I got a octocore on my desktop bish.

Posted via CB10
    Why did you bring up a desktop? Do you carry one in your pocket?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    andy957 likes this.
    05-05-15 01:27 PM
    I hope this ranking is legit. Because it doesn't look very in-depth to be honest. There might be a possibility that this is just a advertising program, and whoever pays BI the most scores the highest rank.

Nevertheless I love my Classic. Still glad it made the cut

Posted via CB10
    That thought crossed my mind as well, however I still think that whatever advertising BB can get is worthwhile. Make people aware that BB is still making phones.
    05-05-15 01:30 PM
    Why did you bring up a desktop? Do you carry one in your pocket?

Same reason you brought up specs on your nexus 4 lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 01:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought you were just happy to see us.
    05-05-15 01:41 PM
    I have had the "top" devices on this list and I got to tell you if you want a phone for everything a smart phone should be used for the classic should be on the top of the list, but of course everyone wants to just take the best pictures and have the best games and social media on their phones. Clearly this is from people that don't know what a phone should be for. I had the iphone 6, the galaxy s5 and the droid turbo, non have made me happier then my classic makes me. Ignorance in humanity is truly what made this list. Having my physical keyboard back and a phone that allows for true micro managing and multi_tasking is far better then any "tablet" that I can make calls on anyday!!!!

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-05-15 03:50 PM
    I hope this ranking is legit. Because it doesn't look very in-depth to be honest. There might be a possibility that this is just a advertising program, and whoever pays BI the most scores the highest rank.

Nevertheless I love my Classic. Still glad it made the cut

Posted via CB10
    How can it be legit? It's based on opinion AFAIC tell. On top of that, the author isn't exactly known for his love of BlackBerry to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 04:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm comparing phones. Some are saying specs don't matter. Yet a $299 android phone from 2012 outperforms a $450 BlackBerry from 2014. Yes, because it had better specs.

Avenzuno likes this.
    05-06-15 12:38 AM
    I'm comparing phones. Some are saying specs don't matter. Yet a $299 android phone from 2012 outperforms a $450 BlackBerry from 2014. Yes, because it had better specs.

Outperforms at what? Processing power? Sure. But I don't think the nexus outperforms at getting things done.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 06:02 AM
    Outperforms at what? Processing power? Sure. But I don't think the nexus outperforms at getting things done.

Posted via CB10
    Outperforms at: opening and running apps, camera, videos, browsing the web. Pretty much anything I can think of. The only advantage I'll give to the Classic is the PKB and hub.

05-06-15 01:16 PM
    Outperforms at: opening and running apps, camera, videos, browsing the web. Pretty much anything I can think of. The only advantage I'll give to the Classic is the PKB and hub.

That's a lie from all others, see spec wise your android looks better on paper but after a few apps downloaded and a month of running it, it will be very slow and have a lot of issues. Not to mention it's usually very cheap looking and feeling and break easy. Then again I guess coming from someone who doesn't know anything about phones and just wants to be with the people who want a phone for games, I wouldn't expect you to understand the true raw power of a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:51 PM
    That's a lie from all others, see spec wise your android looks better on paper but after a few apps downloaded and a month of running it, it will be very slow and have a lot of issues. Not to mention it's usually very cheap looking and feeling and break easy. Then again I guess coming from someone who doesn't know anything about phones and just wants to be with the people who want a phone for games, I wouldn't expect you to understand the true raw power of a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Actually, something BlackBerry hardware lacks is raw power, as you put it.

However, this is compensated for by well optimized software (and OS). QNX is really good stuff. And because BB writes their OS specifically for its own hardware, it doesn't have the hobbled disadvantage Android has ... which is, it can't be optimized for EVERYTHING. All the extra unoptimized code a droid phone has to run through negates some of the specs and hardware advantage. Although one could argue that Lollipop has taken a huge leap forward in this regard (now that it's compiling installed apps).

BB hardware (with the exception of the quad-core CPU Passport) is pretty modest. But because the OS is so well optimized for that hardware, BB10 phones perform better than their specs would suggest.
    andy957 and Soapm like this.
    05-06-15 02:17 PM
    There aren't more than 5 phones really worth ranking.

Posted via CB10
    True! biased ranking

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-06-15 02:52 PM
    Ipone 5s should be pictured with charger

 Diplomatic Passport 
    double_fault and CpE CKS like this.
    05-06-15 03:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Uhm yeah sure, buddy. I used a Nexus 4 and the Nexus 5 for a year each. No lag at all. It's very fast opening/running apps/games. Simple stuff like calendar, calculator, camera can take around 3-5 seconds to open on the classic. While instantly on the Nexus.

05-06-15 11:47 PM
    Uhm yeah sure, buddy. I used a Nexus 4 and the Nexus 5 for a year each. No lag at all. It's very fast opening/running apps/games. Simple stuff like calendar, calculator, camera can take around 3-5 seconds to open on the classic. While instantly on the Nexus.

What about sending an email or twice? What about real time messages? What about security of your contents? What about HUB?
    Android has app for everything but if android wanna do something like HUB how many apps are required ?
    If poorly configured/optimised specs can't perform!!!

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-07-15 04:41 AM
    Frankly, all Blackberry needs to do is to release a PKB phone that has up-to-date specs...to quiet all doubters.

Either that or they can custom design their own chip (such as what Apple is doing). However that will be immensely costly, and I think with the situation BlackBerry is in now, the former is a better option.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 05:25 AM
    Android is a OS witch is depending on apps.. no apps and you got a useless phone...

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-07-15 05:58 AM
    Android is a OS witch is depending on apps.. no apps and you got a useless phone...

Very true....just like at BlackBerry 10. No apps

While I love my BlackBerry device the lack of good quality apps has me thinking what the future holds for this phone.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    05-07-15 07:25 AM
    Very true....just like at BlackBerry 10. No apps
    But still you can use your phone without apps though. It's a mini computer..

05-07-15 08:47 AM

I have to say, my wife's Nexus 5 does run smoothly, especially after lollipop. Her only complaint is battery life, something she's always praised my blackberry phones for.

She tried out my Z30 for a couple of days, but found it a bit slow for her liking. Especially the fitbit app, which was android, and naturally ran a lot slower on the BlackBerry vs the Nexus.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-07-15 10:58 AM

Can't you say the same about any phone or OS for that matter? With BB, even the phone is an app...
    05-07-15 02:51 PM
    How can it be legit? It's based on opinion AFAIC tell. On top of that, the author isn't exactly known for his love of BlackBerry to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    2 legit?
    05-07-15 05:25 PM
    I was the ATT store yesterday. Browsed around and tried a few keyboard phones. What a joke. I think my grandson's toy phone felt better pressing on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:51 PM
    Frankly, all Blackberry needs to do is to release a PKB phone that has up-to-date specs...to quiet all doubters.
    This exactly. I'm waiting on a high-end Q device.

05-08-15 12:16 AM
    This exactly. I'm waiting on a high-end Q device.

With the double-typing issue finally resolved.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-08-15 09:33 AM
54 123