My dream phone seems to be the Classic but without the tool belt. Is there any possibility that BlackBerry will release a Classic model without a tool belt as an updated Q10?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:35 PM
    A classic without a tool belt is actually a Q10. Unless they upgrade the specs (which hopefully they have learned that they have to do).

Would be interesting to see if they will also simply refresh the Q10, or do away with that line entirely by permanently splitting it into the classic and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    My dream phone seems to be the Classic but without the tool belt. Is there any possibility that BlackBerry will release a Classic model without a tool belt as an updated Q10?

Posted via CB10
    What part of the word Classic" don;t you understand? The tool belt is what was missing without it it's NOT a Classic
    donemt, Mr4aces and Tompire like this.
    09-19-14 11:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's called a Passport apparently...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-19-14 11:58 PM
    A classic without a tool belt is actually a Q10. Unless they upgrade the specs (which hopefully they have learned that they have to do).

Would be interesting to see if they will also simply refresh the Q10, or do away with that line entirely by permanently splitting it into the classic and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    sam_tek likes this.
    09-20-14 01:09 AM

Posted via CB10

wtf? You're dreaming son.... why call it a classic? if the toolbelt was removed?

DON'T BE AN |D|OT
    donemt likes this.
    09-20-14 02:42 AM
    I don't think something like this will happen too soon. As already stated a couple of times, the Classic's main purpose is to satisfy long time BB users who like full control on their phones - thus keep offering the toolbelt, trackpad and a full-sized BB keyboard.

If you want something without the belt, you'll need to check out the Passport for now. There are more phones rumored for a next year release, so you should wait what's in the pipeline.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    donemt likes this.
    09-20-14 03:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Of course it is a Q10. I am talking about take the former factor of the phone and removing the tool belt in order to stretch the screen because the Q10 is ideal except for the small screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 05:46 AM
    If the Q10 had the touch (swipe) sensitive keys like the passport it would be a major improvement.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 06:24 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    My dream phone is the bold 9900 new and improved... which is the Classic!!!

But i am getting the Passport for now... its the flagship phone with the innovative keyboard and big screen.. no more squinting!!!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-20-14 06:32 AM
    Dude!! You really have to go check the specs & features of both the phone. They belong to completely different categories.

It's called a Passport apparently...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Q30 perhaps?

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-20-14 08:26 AM
    Q30 perhaps?

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    The Passport and Classic look nothing alike. I'm thinking more along the lines of a taller Q10 with a longer screen for those who don't understand what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-20-14 09:24 AM
    That's not really an option right now it seems, because BBRY keeps their 1:1 ratio for keyboard phones with their latest models. So a longer screen doesn't fit in this design language.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-20-14 10:50 AM
    personally i was hoping for something like the passport with a toolbelt
    iamagod likes this.
    09-21-14 06:34 PM
    My dream phone is the bold 9900 new and improved... which is the Classic!!!

But i am getting the Passport for now... its the flagship phone with the innovative keyboard and big screen.. no more squinting!!!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    You're not really a world traveler and former CEO right? Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:20 PM
    There's really no limit to screenestate acreage touch addicts will crave. Any intrusion into that treasured space will be resented. If you're going to include physical keyboard, without Tourch style slider, screenestate gets sacrificed. Trackpad's pointing precision helps mitigate that sacrifice. Which is why I'm contentedly typing this on a device sporting a tiny 2.7 inch screen. "I" & "O" shortcuts for zoom in/out work fine for my old eyes while using a device that actually fits a hand. In short, I believe any usability gains from adding 1/4 length to the screen would be lost 2x by loosing the trackpad. Excepting the Passport, Q20's screen is already wider than anything BB has attempted in my memory. Try it, and give the trackpad a real try, and you might be pleasantly impressed.
    09-22-14 08:02 AM
    personally i was hoping for something like the passport with a toolbelt
    Same here. Big screen/top of the line specs with the toolbelt. The passport wouldnt be so unwieldy one handed if it had the toolbelt.

I really hope BlackBerry makes a high end phone with the toolbelt. Classic shouldnt just be a Curve, we need the Bolds too.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 03:08 AM