Checked my local store yesterday, and they had the Classic on display. No battery, wasn't charged, what a pity. And a silly cable tie prohibiting any swipe gestures, same issue that was plaguing the Z30 display model a year ago.

They guys must have recognized me.
    "Cairns' #1 BlackBerry fan.." LOL

The guy said, "we've had that in store for two weeks now". Put my Passport (which they don't sell, Optus does, if you order it in) next to it for size comparison. Yes, the Q10 is small.

But hey, not too small compared to a Note, I would have expected it a lot smaller.

Anyone else had a chance to try?

Classic love in Australia...-img_20150212_161305.jpg
    Attachment 333333

Btw ^ that is CB attachment #333333, LOL

Outright price $504 AUD,
    Telstra's outright price of the Q10 was $800 at release

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    Umaima_B_Dia, ESCON and Sulaco757 like this.
    02-12-15 09:57 PM
    Yes. Bought one outright. Fantastic. Just a little more space on the keyboard than the Q10. That makes a big difference. A very nice phone for its designed purpose and good value at the current price. Interestingly, the young lady who served me was very keen to set the phone up for me. I think she wanted an excuse to try it.
    02-13-15 12:59 AM
    I hate those zipties on those demo units. A local Saturn had them on all their BB10 phones and they prevented any swiping. Great thing trying out a phone which you can't use at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 01:53 AM
    Anyone else had a chance to try?
    dropped into my local telstra store, picked it up - battery dead.
    the salesperson unlocked the device and handed it to me *untethered. probably shouldn't have, asked how many in stock, one left ... now in my possession

the Classic is a brilliant bit of kit. i blackberry both my Q10 & the Classic.
    02-13-15 03:45 AM
    Deleted
    02-13-15 05:36 AM
    Deleted
    LOL, what did you or were you going to post... ?

;-)

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    02-16-15 04:45 AM
    Every single Telstra store I have visited to attempt to try the classic all have the same issue. The battery dead despite it being on the charger. 4 stores. All the same.

Obviously the classic requires the BlackBerry charger to get it kicked off and to start charging??

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:48 AM
    LOL, what did you or were you going to post... ?

;-)

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    Lol, was going to say... pretty sure the phone on the left ain't a Passport! But then realised that something in your post like the pictures isn't showing correctly, at least not on the CB10 app. All I can see is a Samsung and Classic. What happened there?

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-16-15 05:49 AM
    Looks quite small up against the Samsung, is that an S5? Edit: just noticed you said it was a Note1, lol.

02-16-15 05:51 AM
    I saw it in two Telstra stores. The demo was working in the first but not in the second. So I bought one from the second!
    02-16-15 05:52 AM
    Nothing on display in Mittagong. Couldn't be bothered hanging around to determine interest levels. Must have been an off day for me. I'll go in again tomorrow.
    02-16-15 06:01 AM
    So, are you guys looking to get one? Or just curious to see it?

02-16-15 06:07 AM
    In reading these posts, I just realized that I have bought my Bold 9780, Z10 and Classic sight unseen. I did read up on reviews on forums and sites. Guess that's faith in the brand, lol. Glad it has paid off.

Posted via Classic
    02-16-15 07:47 AM
    Received mine via courier from Telstra last week- loving it!
    Felt a bit awful leaving my good old reliable Torch at home haha
    02-16-15 05:54 PM
    Has anyone else had issues setting up their Bigpond email on the Classic?
    Am trawling the net trying to work out what I'm doing wrong.
    02-16-15 07:08 PM
    Mine setup ok on my Passport, no problem. Maybe give Telstra a call.

02-16-15 07:54 PM
    So, are you guys looking to get one? Or just curious to see it?

Not sure yet Ozfork. Looking to see it. Depending on the quality I may pick it up and separate work and personal devices.
    02-16-15 09:11 PM
    Not sure yet Ozfork. Looking to see it. Depending on the quality I may pick it up and separate work and personal devices.
    How dare you question the quality, it's a BlackBerry!! Quality is built in. Lol. Once you get the device in your hands it will be almost impossible to say no .
    So the Passport is a business phone eh? You did well to snap that up, do they give you a choice? I'm going to wait and see what they come out with later in the year in the way of a full touch. Just loaded the latest leak on my trusty Z30, it's like a brand new phone, I just wish it had more storage, 16gb isn't enough with some of the apps coming out these days.

Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    02-16-15 09:57 PM
    Hahaha. I guess quality is the wrong word. I will be looking to see what differentiates the two devices if there's enough benefit in having both, I may do it.
    Such a shame that SD cards are so expensive in this country or your 16gb problem would be no problem.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    02-17-15 01:39 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 03:26 PM
    Looks quite small up against the Samsung, is that an S5? Edit: just noticed you said it was a Note1, lol.

It's a Note, of course the latest one, 4... :-)

(and I saved myself posting another pic of a Passport/Classic size comparison, there are plenty around, on top, my Passport has some unique case customizations, which I might post about in a different thread, spoiler prevention and privacy protection, LOL)

I found the Note4 comparison more interesting.

I reckon the Classic's got quite some size, I was surprised!
    Also, the width!

�   "Telstra, Telstra an der Wand, wer ist der schoenste im ganzen Land...?" Answer: Passport... (Optus got it!) ;-)   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 02-22-15 at 05:46 PM.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    02-22-15 05:34 PM
    BigPond email was or is still in the process of being migrated to Microsoft / Outlook.com accounts.

If you're on POP3, the old system, use mail.bigpond.com as POP server

If your account is already migrated to Outlook.com, use

imap-mail.outlook.com
    smtp-mail.outlook.com

plus [email protected](.au) or .net(.au) respectively

Done that many times, and a lot of people got stuck there. Email just stopped working somehow, but peeps didn't get a single notification from Telstra letting them know what happened, apparently.

Hope that helps... :-)

�   "Telstra, Telstra an der Wand, wer ist der schoenste im ganzen Land...?" Answer: Passport... (Optus got it!) ;-)   �
    anon(4067838) and Kaz75 like this.
    02-22-15 05:41 PM
    Haven't had a chance to see one yet. Will pop into the local Telstra shop on weekend, see if they have one on demo. Thanks for the advice on the BigPond email, will make a note of this also.
    02-23-15 05:07 AM
    thanks so much for sharing your insight, off to try
    02-23-15 03:57 PM
    Can I also just say- the phone service and quality of the calls on this phone is perfect!
    I live in rural South Australia, where the phone signal isn't always the greatest but, my Classic is always crystal clear
    02-24-15 05:25 PM
32 12