Hello all,

My Classic's bottom speaker has stopped working.

This lack of sound affects notifications, calls on speakerphone, music and video apps, so it doesn't appear to be software. I've restarted the phone, created new sound profiles etc.

I say failed because I've run the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app and my phone does not pass the audio test section. It says 'audio now playing' and there's nothing to be heard.

Handset speaker works fine.

I've had the Classic since mid Feb, have not sideloaded apps or used a leaked os version.

Without the loud speaker, there's no sound for the essentials: alarms and phone calls. The Boss wasn't happy with my tardiness this morning.

Anyone else have this problem? Any recommendations or solutions? Just want alternatives to the option of returning to seller for repair (thus going week or more without a mobile)

The technical info: SQC100-1/

Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    04-04-15 05:32 AM
    Sounds like hardware
    I think you'll have to bring it back for repair/replacement.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:31 AM
    Sounds like the spring contact issue with the Z10, except that from your Timeline it is happening much earlier.

I don't know if this is even possible with the Classic. Does the back come off? If so... while playing a music track on speakerphone, try pressing down on the back area around the speaker,.. with the Z10 you would suddenly hear the music once you pressed the right area hard enough.

But it may just be a speaker failure as well (you don't work in an environment with metal shavings do you?)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:00 AM
    Hmm, I don't think the back casing is removable, but if it is, it's held in place by some pretty strong glue.

Tried the pressure to the back of speaker, no change.

Looks like I've got to place a call. Cue the generic tech department troubleshoot questions. Ugh it's easter long weekend too.

Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    04-04-15 07:14 AM
    Hello, I only have sound coming from the right speaker of my Classic, is this normal? Looks like there are two speakers on the bottom of the Classic, but the left one doesn't make any noise at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:58 AM
    One "hole" is for the microphone, the other is a speaker. So yes, completely normal!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:24 PM