I've got a Passport. What would be the point. I'd like a play but i'll soon find out I can't do as much.

Only thing that tempts me is no flickering which is damn annoying.

Does the classic have rebooting issues? My passport is terrible especially in transit or cold temperatures.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:12 PM
    My Classic has not rebooted once since I owned it unless I asked it to.

Posted from my Classic
    pjmacklin likes this.
    03-02-15 05:15 PM
    Had Classic for 2 months and never rebooted yet no flickering exellent phone however specs are lacking .
    03-02-15 05:21 PM
    I think I'm just unlucky to have a faulty device. Shame I keep meaning to change but I just hate to inconvenience of losing messages and data.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:21 PM
    It's all about what you do on your phone the passport is the hot thing out the classic just works and works Good.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:40 PM
    I've got a Passport. What would be the point. I'd like a play but i'll soon find out I can't do as much.

Does the classic have rebooting issues? My passport is terrible especially in transit or cold temperatures.

Posted via CB10
    I really wish you'd spend the 30 minutes to download Sachesi and the 10.3.1.2480 leak, and copy the files to your Passport to fix the flicker. It is seriously very, very simple.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-02-15 06:44 PM
    How much is the current price?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:45 PM
    WHYEEEE do people say the classic is going backwards?! It's NOT! My daughter had the Q10 and this has improved on that! The hub is going forward to other platforms if I read correctly somewhere.
    It is a wonderful device that will be perfect once I receive my otterbox so I won't be so paranoid about dropping it! Lol
    Johberry likes this.
    03-02-15 07:20 PM
    WHYEEEE do people say the classic is going backwards?! It's NOT! My daughter had the Q10 and this has improved on that! The hub is going forward to other platforms if I read correctly somewhere.
    It is a wonderful device that will be perfect once I receive my otterbox so I won't be so paranoid about dropping it! Lol
    I think coming from the Passport to the Classic is what they mean because of the tech specs.
    03-02-15 07:44 PM
    I understand the down size if one is coming from the passport to a Classic. Specs is much lower on the Classic but I bet one can get a task done much faster on a BlackBerry Classic :-D

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:18 PM
    Define backwards. I'm so heavy user on my phone and notebook usage. I have samsung galaxy note, BlackBerry Z30, mini ipad. Never felt that my Classic is backward.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    03-02-15 08:24 PM
    Define backwards +1

I mean on paper, the specs looks dated. But in reality, how much cpu is adequate? Now that is the question.

I am loving my Classic

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:05 PM
    Can't wait to get the Classic! On the Q10 now.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 11:15 PM
    agreed. Plus they can also turn off the keyboard scrolling feature on passport for the cold temperatures in 10.3.1
    03-02-15 11:23 PM
    I just love my classic 2months and not one problem with it I'm loving every thing about it...battery,hub,camera,the keyboard is so accurate but to go up to 2days battery life on the new software update is the thing I love to most...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 11:28 PM
    Define backwards +1

I mean on paper, the specs looks dated. But in reality, how much cpu is adequate? Now that is the question.

I am loving my Classic

Posted via CB10
    I agree, and I love mine. But this is a noticeable difference in smoothness between the Passport and the Classic. And android apps don't run as well as they do on the passport. That is where the issue is, and where there might be an issue a year from now, but I will be honest, will probably have the Classic 2 by then.
    03-03-15 12:31 AM
    Can't wait to get the Classic! On the Q10 now.

Posted via CB10
    You'll love it! There are some that say it's not an upgrade but you'll see how different the Classic is from the Q10....

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:23 AM
    I tried the q10 for a day and stayed with 9930. Now I have the classic and really want to give it a go, but it's driving me nuts.
    LOVE the hardware, not loving much else. One thing that doesn't make sense, now that the "back" button has returned, shouldn't this screen be back:
    Changes made!
    Save
    Discard
    Cancel
    I think many/most with a 9930 got used to that being the fastest way to save something. NOW, if I make changes or start a new entry in many different apps, and press the back button, my entries are GONE! Seems like SUCH an oversight....

Really love my 9930 and feel I have to eventually move forward, but this may not be the phone.
    03-03-15 10:11 AM
    The things that I find better on my PP, than my Classic, are surfing, media content, games and battery life. Everything else I prefer on the Classic, especially communication. If the Classic had the same screen and specs as the PP(including battery life which is a big difference), it would be the perfect device for me.
    03-03-15 11:16 AM
    There have been a couple of similar threads, where people sharing their stories regarding Classic/Passport switching. Some people, like myself, switched from Passport to Classic and liked it. Others didn't like it and got another Passport. Some switched from Classic to Passport and then back again. It really depends on what you are looking for.

My Classic has rebooted once, I own it since almost two months now. My Passport rebooted a bit more often during two and a half months in use. Yet not as drastic as my first Passport, which almost rebooted daily.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:59 AM
    You'll love it! There are some that say it's not an upgrade but you'll see how different the Classic is from the Q10....

Posted via CB10
    And what's the difference in terms of phone's performance compare to q10? (apart from belt, touchpad and bigger screen, or batt life maybe? #notsure)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Load last leak for passport and you won't have any flicking.

Passport
    03-03-15 03:11 PM
    And what's the difference in terms of phone's performance compare to q10? (apart from belt, touchpad and bigger screen, or batt life maybe? #notsure)

Posted via CB10
    I think you've already touched on 4 major factors that are not insignificant.

Add miracast and USB OTG.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 03:12 PM
    I think you've already touched on 4 major factors that are not insignificant.

Add miracast and USB OTG.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Miracast? I'm sure, I noticed miracast on q10 setting, but I can't find it now, strange....

Well, if the performance is the same with Q10, then from passport to classic surely is backward, on performance and specs

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:46 PM
    Miracast? I'm sure, I noticed miracast on q10 setting, but I can't find it now, strange....

Well, if the performance is the same with Q10, then from passport to classic surely is backward, on performance and specs

Posted via CB10
    You're right on the miracast. I forgot the Q10 had it too.

Certainly a cpu/gpu step down from the Passport. Different target market of course.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-03-15 03:58 PM
34 12