Now you know why I have preached 3Gs of RAM and a faster processor. The lag is noticeable. The right cpu would have made the "Classic"

I'm please but not contented. I'm glad I bought at launch day. It is difficult to keep up with the changes if your not on board from the start. When you buy late you are always trying to catch up.

I was going to buy the ATT Passport but with all the hipe on the Slider for my wife, but now I'll wait for more info on the Slider.

Posted via CB10

Glad you are linking the classic and I'm also excited for the slider.

On that note, 2gb of ram should be more that enough to handle universal search. It just doesn't seem optimized enough just yet. It's trying to do way too many things with each button press.

Of course better specs always helps but you still don't want your hardware to have to compensate for your software. I'm thinking next update fixes all those minor lags and rare hangups.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:02 AM
    Three days with Classic. Only four issues for me. I totally admit they are small and don't hinder the device.

1. No "do not disturb" like ios. I understand the profiles. But I really like the ability to auto set the function based on clock.

2. Wish for special vibrate functions based on contact.

3. The large screen notifications will be missed from ios. But to be fair I do like the LED light on front.

4. Physical button to put on vibrate mode.

5. Physical volume buttons that change ring volume.

I like the phone very much. Nice weight and keyboard are great. Still getting use to it. Maybe a little light bleed but not an issue for me. Hub is awesome. Card trays on side are flush and perfect. Still tweaking a few settings.

Do wish for a native Expedia and Delta app. No interest in side load.

A full week of work travel will be a good test.

So far- would recommend to anyone looking for a work tool. Hope for a long and solid BB relationship.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:04 PM
    Glad you are linking the classic and I'm also excited for the slider.

On that note, 2gb of ram should be more that enough to handle universal search. It just doesn't seem optimized enough just yet. It's trying to do way too many things with each button press.

Of course better specs always helps but you still don't want your hardware to have to compensate for your software. I'm thinking next update fixes all those minor lags and rare hangups.

Posted via CB10
    I agree another one of my Soap Box grips before 10.2 and 10.3 bad foundation that needed to be fixed before improving. What a nightmare to have to fix something without rewriting it from scratch.

By the time OS10.3 fixes the problem my phone will need updating. Needed the better CPU to begin with so the life is longer.

And yes I am liking this phone and have retired the 99.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:31 PM
    Three days with Classic. Only four issues for me. I totally admit they are small and don't hinder the device.

......Hub is awesome. Card trays on side are flush and perfect. Still tweaking a few settings.

......So far- would recommend to anyone looking for a work tool. Hope for a long and solid BB relationship.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to BlackBerry

I assume you were never on BBOS7's Hub. This hub works but I prefer the way OS7 worked. Now that was a fast Hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:38 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry

I assume you were never on BBOS7's Hub. This hub works but I prefer the way OS7 worked. Now that was a fast Hub.

Posted via CB10
    Do you always have to swipe to access the hub or can you program your main icons as text message, e mail, bbm and press the icon accordingly to access the type of message you receive?
    03-22-15 01:15 PM

1. No "do not disturb" like ios. I understand the profiles. But I really like the ability to auto set the function based on clock.

2. Wish for special vibrate functions based on contact.

3. The large screen notifications will be missed from ios. But to be fair I do like the LED light on front.

5. Physical volume buttons that change ring volume.

I like the phone very much. Nice weight and keyboard are great. Still getting use to it. Maybe a little light bleed but not an issue for me. Hub is awesome. Card trays on side are flush and perfect. Still tweaking a few settings.

Do wish for a native Expedia and Delta app. No interest in side load.

A full week of work travel will be a good test.

So far- would recommend to anyone looking for a work tool. Hope for a long and solid BB relationship.

Posted via CB10
    1 - You do have this. It's called Bedside mode. Many apps will allow this based on the clock or you can just manually activate it.

2- Again, apps, although vibrate per contacis tough t. It's hard to come up with lots of clearly different and identifiable vibration patterns you can understand.

3- YES, I agree. The most obvious used function of ANY OS, and yet the best they can do is teeny, tiny font and limited amount of view-able message. Popups are available but are not allowed to bypass the lock screen so you must unlock first. (thank's BB )

4- The "Q" key will toggle between two modes.

5- Actually, this is the one thing I prefer about BB is that they don't allow this. Otherwise, your ringer is constantly changing and who knows if you've accidentally changed it, or what volume you might get next time. My Moto X was infuriating in that when I'd try to lower the volume of video about to play, I was inadvertently lowering the volume of the ringer....and next time couldn't hear any notifications. Or, if I wanted it in vibrate only, and was raising volume for video or music, etc, I was actually activating the ringer. How often do you need to change the volume of your ringer?

I use the Android Delta app....works fine. You don't have to "side load" other than to get Snap which takes about 2 minutes and give you all of Google play.
    03-22-15 01:41 PM
    Classic.. I like it after a 3 weeks of use.
    I used my previous device Z3 for 3 months, really can't able to adopt with the touch screen key board..
    So I moved to classic which is perfectly working for me.. but I've only 2 concerns
    1. Battery- approx 14hrs it's coming, where my work hrs are 12hrs.. only use my device for call/mail/text/some news apps/net . And logically classic is smaller screen than Z3, so I thought classic will stand more than Z3 battery time.but classic LCD screen tricked the magic here..
    2. Apk app- axis bank mobile app is not supporting in 10.3 which is perfectly worked in 10.2 (in Z3), now getting generic error while login the app..
    Apart from that I really like classic built quality, short cuts and absolutely the KB and tool belt..

Posted via BlackBerry!.
    03-22-15 02:34 PM
    Do you always have to swipe to access the hub or can you program your main icons as text message, e mail, bbm and press the icon accordingly to access the type of message you receive?
    Yes you can use icons, but the Hub is faster. The difference between OS7 and BB10 is you could also do multiple sharing on OS7 off the Hub

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 03:36 PM
    Thank you for the reply. The "Q" - awesome. Thank you so very much!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 04:31 PM
    This phone just gets better. Bluetooth to new Nissan Altima works super good. Better than 5S. Way more options via car such as: Full email support, text messaging, current time and outside temperature. Very happy.
    Classic - Little to no complaints-img_20150322_170345.png

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-22-15 06:40 PM
    Pretty excited about getting a Classic.
    03-22-15 07:42 PM
    Haven't even had my classic for a week yet and I am so glad I made the jump back to blackberry. My one M8 was nice but didn't give the feeling this phone gives me in my hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 07:49 PM
    Try holding a iPad!

That's the ultimate slippage.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    an*
    03-22-15 09:34 PM
    Haven't even had my classic for a week yet and I am so glad I made the jump back to blackberry. My one M8 was nice but didn't give the feeling this phone gives me in my hand.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CrackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:01 PM
    Three days with Classic. Only four issues for me.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^

Please BlackBerry, make the Q key customizable to the Notification Quick Settings toggles, instead of just between Normal and Silent.

From a Classic
    03-23-15 07:45 AM
    That's what Classic 2 is for.
    If BB puts out a Ideal classic to the same people that didn't upgrade because the 9900 was good enough, those with that ideal classic will probably never upgrade for another 8 yrs.

Believe me I understand why people want more horsepower in this thing. It's hard to finally find the perfect phone for you and know your time with it will likely be limited due to performance issues that will eventually arise from lack of horsepower. .

That being said, I currently have no issues with lag or studdering. At least nothing new to the BB10 folks. I'm sure the passport has faster screen transitions and page loading time but I'll easily give that up knowing I can comfortably hold and operate my device whatever the situation.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:49 AM
41 12