Feelings on specs aside, I've had less real world complaints about my classic than any other device I've owned, which includes palm pre 3/4, iphone 4, android (moto razr m) Q10, and z30.

The screen is just big enough to take me passed my issues with the Q10. The keyboard has been amazing. The build is great and I really haven't encountered any real world performance issues.

I'm def getting the slider, but it's nice to know the classic series will get the job done.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 07:07 AM
    Just breaking in my Classic. Have decided to put away all my other phones for a few weeks and just dig deep into the Classic. Until it is your daily driver it is impossible to get a real feel for a device. So my drawer is full right now with an iPhone 6+, Nexus 6, Droid Turbo, Z30, Lumia 635.. The Classic has some big shoes to fill to keep those monsters at bay
    03-21-15 07:58 AM
    This is my third BB10 device and I am in love with it. I have received compliments on the build quality too. Zero complaints.

Posted via Classic
    MaxR_A likes this.
    03-21-15 08:31 AM
    The Classic is a marvelous device. It is good to see people discovering the phone. My wife is looking to move from 9900 to Classic. Hoping that works.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    03-21-15 08:31 AM
    Believe me I understand why people want more horsepower in this thing. It's hard to finally find the perfect phone for you and know your time with it will likely be limited due to performance issues that will eventually arise from lack of horsepower. .

That being said, I currently have no issues with lag or studdering. At least nothing new to the BB10 folks. I'm sure the passport has faster screen transitions and page loading time but I'll easily give that up knowing I can comfortably hold and operate my device whatever the situation.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-21-15 08:47 AM
    Got the chance to play with a Classic couple of weeks ago. It's fast and powerful. I'm not accustomed to the tool belt but for those who are, I can safely say that BlackBerry did a great and accurate job with the Classic

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:51 AM
    The only lag I see is when I start the universal search. And this may vary from phone to phone depending on how much stuff you have on the phone (contacts, emails, etc). Also, of course the Android apps sometimes start slow, but this varies from app to app.

I'm most impressed with the battery (once I restarted it after my first day of installing apps that somehow caused it to run hot). I can literally run this all day, make calls, watch a couple quick videos, listen to FM for an hour, listen to a podcast, lots of internet browsing, and then let it sit on the nightstand all night. The next morning I've still got 20% left.

The best part is one handed use. That magical back button, BB button and trackpad really allow faster use. I pick up my Z10 and instantly find myself thumbing around to buttons that aren't there.
    TgeekB, Xenolock and BBgeeqed04 like this.
    03-21-15 09:45 AM
    Great device. Its just a little slippery to hold

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 10:01 AM
    Believe me I understand why people want more horsepower in this thing. It's hard to finally find the perfect phone for you and know your time with it will likely be limited due to performance issues that will eventually arise from lack of horsepower. .

That being said, I currently have no issues with lag or studdering. At least nothing new to the BB10 folks. I'm sure the passport has faster screen transitions and page loading time but I'll easily give that up knowing I can comfortably hold and operate my device whatever the situation.

Posted via CB10
    I've got both devices and you're spot on with faster screen transitions and page loading. On the other hand, Classic to me is more portable, more comfortable in the hand, and I type much faster with less mistakes. Even after weeks with the Passport I type the "Z" key by accident as if it were the "alt" key. If I was rating the speed generally speaking and the Passport was a 10 then the Classic would be an 8.5 and definitely not noticeable enough to think both devices are not absolutely amazing!

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Passport from Philadelphia
    Attachment 342851
    03-21-15 10:20 AM
    Great device. Its just a little slippery to hold

Posted via CB10
    Try holding a iPad!

That's the ultimate slippage.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    03-21-15 11:03 AM
    I too am loving my Classic. :-)

The only gripes I had was the toolbelt being touched when swipping up. I've gotten use to this now.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    03-21-15 11:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry... if your moving from BBOS to the BB10 Classic, I don't think you'll be disappointed with performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:24 AM
    The Classic is now my favorite and primary mobile communication device of choice. It incorporates all the necessary features for quick and efficient mobile communication. The physical keyboard enables instant access to making and receiving calls, typing and sending sms, emails, etc. The Classic also offers the best of both worlds with the option to use both or choose either one if desired. There are a few limitations in the touch feature but those are minor when compared to the speed and convenience of the physical keyboard.
    03-21-15 11:43 AM
    I'm sorry... if your moving from BBOS to the BB10 Classic, I don't think you'll be disappointed with performance.

Posted via CB10
    Don't be sorry. I wasn't disagreeing with you. Maybe you'll notice some performance differences when switching from android or IOS but it's really reasonable in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:58 AM
    This topic is very nice and should continue... go on

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:04 PM
    I agree that universal search might seem to "lag" behind typing but it's only really bothersome when you are looking at it as your typing. If I just pound out what I want and look up I usually have the answer there looking at me.

I think one of the annoying parts is that the quick action bar appears and disappears with each press. This causes all the other icons on the screen to bounce around as you type. I wish it would remain a static height and have the action inside just refresh.

But yeah the classic has been refreshingly awesome. Some people have complained about lag,but my gripes are minor. I can see the screen, I can type, it loads most things fast, and the thing isn't falling apart on me

Bravo BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:36 PM
    I have had a bit of lag and stuttering once in a while, but it probably has more to do with 10.3.1 bugginess than hardware. I will try loading the newest leak this weekend to see how it goes.

Apart from being a little under-powered in the processors, it's great, and the rest of my complaints are fairly minor.

The build quality on mine is very good. Anyone notice how nice the volume, pause, and power buttons are? My Z30's buttons feel cheap by comparison. A slight jiggliness in the spacebar, slightly uneven SIM/SD Card tray (everybody saw that coming), and the lack of glassweave backing are the only gripes in that department so far.

One thing that speaks highly of the Classic--this phone never annoys me. After using a Z30 for a year, all the other Operating Systems would annoy me (Home button on the very bottom, notifications on the very top..... really?). But text selection, navigating some desktop sites, pecking the little X to close apps, and that damned camera icon activating when I picked it up would still annoy me sometimes. The Classic completely nullifies all these faults. The form factor is really just that great.

From a Classic
    03-21-15 01:12 PM
    The Classic does exactly what I need it to do for me. And I think those who get the Classic have specific needs and that's why there's really been no complaints about it. Others have said "it needs more" but for me and anyone else I know who uses the Classic, it feels like it was made specifically for you.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    moyah8 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    03-21-15 01:19 PM
    The only lag I see is when I start the universal search. And this may vary from phone to phone depending on how much stuff you have on the phone (contacts, emails, etc). Also, of course the Android apps sometimes start slow, but this varies from app to app.

I'm most impressed with the battery (once I restarted it after my first day of installing apps that somehow caused it to run hot). I can literally run this all day, make calls, watch a couple quick videos, listen to FM for an hour, listen to a podcast, lots of internet browsing, and then let it sit on the nightstand all night. The next morning I've still got 20% left.

The best part is one handed use. That magical back button, BB button and trackpad really allow faster use. I pick up my Z10 and instantly find myself thumbing around to buttons that aren't there.
    My opinion is that with leaked os 10.3.1.2576, lag isues have been addressed to a larger extent.
    03-21-15 02:13 PM
    Oh I'm loving mine so far. Not sure why people have lag? I don't that's for sure. I'd be curious to see what they have on their device if they're experiencing poor performance.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:14 PM
    Oh I'm loving mine so far. Not sure why people have lag? I don't that's for sure. I'd be curious to see what they have on their device if they're experiencing poor performance.

Posted via CB10
    well we don't seem to in this thread. We are assuming that some people's "standards" are different than others.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 05:07 PM
    If you are a person that appreciates a manual keyboard then you know the Classic might be the best BlackBerry ever.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448
    03-21-15 09:58 PM
    It just works!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 10:19 PM
    The Classic is now my favorite and primary mobile communication device of choice. It incorporates all the necessary features for quick and efficient mobile communication. The physical keyboard enables instant access to making and receiving calls, typing and sending sms, emails, etc. The Classic also offers the best of both worlds with the option to use both or choose either one if desired. There are a few limitations in the touch feature but those are minor when compared to the speed and convenience of the physical keyboard.
    My corporate phone is Passport and Classic is kinda personal daily driver. Whenever I need to answer a phone call on a Passport after using Classic even for a couple of seconds, I always looking for that button and miss a call while trying to find that damn physical thing.
    I hope Slider will have toolbelt as Torch phones had

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 10:39 PM
    Now you know why I have preached 3Gs of RAM and a faster processor. The lag is noticeable. The right cpu would have made the "Classic"

I'm please but not contented. I'm glad I bought at launch day. It is difficult to keep up with the changes if your not on board from the start. When you buy late you are always trying to catch up.

I was going to buy the ATT Passport for my wife but with all the hipe on the Slider, now I'll wait for more info on the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 03-22-15 at 03:29 PM.
    03-22-15 09:46 AM
41 12